Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've stuck the Point Blank machine up on the marketplace.
    400 euro and needs to be gone by thursday at latest or I'll have to store it/keep it.

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I've stuck the Point Blank machine up on the marketplace.
    400 euro and needs to be gone by thursday at latest or I'll have to store it/keep it.

Ah I'm stuck down here with work all week. I'd be up in a shot for that otherwise.

It wouldn't fit in my caddy anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭geotrig

anto002 wrote: »

I probably know a lot more about arcade machines than most of you could ever dream of.
    Rant over."
    I personally couldnt careless what you do or sell them for as woodies are cheap firewood to me :pac: but
    someone needs to get over themselves:rolleyes:
    at the end of the day its a community of enthusiasts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anto002

I totally agree with you.
    It is a site for enthusiasts.
    But I just can't understand what the big deal was in the first place.

The Naomi cabinet has a new home now.
    And I got exactly what I paid for it.

The red intervideo cabinet is now going into an arcade, right back where it's supposed to be.

• Advertisement

I probably know a lot more about arcade machines than most of you could ever dream of.
    Rant over."

I love how you know it all but cant fix a CRT monitor :D

I think mostly people hate seeing stuff being flipped is all,now flipping is subjective. This isn't unique to here happens on numerous forums ,ops or people in it for business don't see it from the enthusiasts points of view and vice versa.

geotrig wrote: »
    I think mostly people hate seeing stuff being flipped is all,now flipping is subjective. This isn't unique to here happens on numerous forums ,ops or people in it for business don't see it from the enthusiasts points of view and vice versa.

I dont really care but he does awful stuff to the cabinets.
    This is the same lad that made the cocktails into the destiny cabs a few years back.
    Awful stuff

Ah I'm stuck down here with work all week. I'd be up in a shot for that otherwise.

It wouldn't fit in my caddy anyway :(

I hope it goes to someone here. Will see how it goes over the next day. I'd do a good very price for one of the regulars just to see it rehomed.

2n0pmt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Has this field not already been well ploughed, in terms of the overwhelming opinion on someone getting a bargain then flipping it back into the community at a large mark-up?
    People are unhappy, so don't buy it.
    I don't think there'll be many takers hereabouts anyway.
    And, as for the seller, probably best to avoid the topic completely, unless you are happy to have the matter fully debated, for good or ill.

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I hope it goes to someone here. Will see how it goes over the next day. I'd do a good very price for one of the regulars just to see it rehomed.

Anyone heading to Waterford before Thursday?

Anyone heading to Waterford before Thursday?

If a regular grabs it they can have it for 350. I just need it gone, ideally to a good home :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ive no room myself for it. great price though, im hoping to move eventually myself, then ill start buying cabs again, would be all over this.

I love how you know it all but cant fix a CRT monitor :D

I know how to fix a crt.
    But it's more reliable on location 😅

I think the real issue here is jealously.
    If my cocktail cabinets were so hideous all those years ago then why did they sell?

I took empty cabinets " that I owned " and got them all new homes.

Its none of your business what I do with my machines. If you are really in the "Arcade community" then you would know that the public should be able to enjoy them like they did back in the day and what I'm doing is bringing them back to the public as you don't see too many arcades around now. The machines I have on location are very much appreciated by all concerned. The crt has been repaired but the LCD's are more reliable on location. In the movie pixels the machines in the arcade in the beginning all had lcd monitors and ran 60 in 1 pcb's (just before any of you wet yourselves thinking they're original machines).

Home arcades are fantastic but I'd rather the public to actually enjoy them as they used to back in the day.

Thank you and goodnight 😅😅😅😅😅😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

The real issue is that a lot of us were happy to pass on these 3 cabs for 150 and let them got to a new enthusiastic collector.
    Instead you tried to flip one on advert the very next day at a huge markup without any restoration done and now trying to flip the other for €800 on donedeal with a 60 in 1 an lcd and an ugly control panel overlay to someone who may not know any better.
    Our annoyance is compounded by the mess of a cut throat story attached to these cabs

The real issue is that we're always doing each other favours on here because we understand how difficult it is to come across deals like that and you swept in like a vulture with the sole intention of reselling.

I hope that clarifies the confusion

If my cocktail cabinets were so hideous all those years ago then why did they sell?

Its none of your business what I do with my machines. If you are really in the "Arcade community" then you would know that the public should be able to enjoy them like they did back in the day and what I'm doing is bringing them back to the public as you don't see too many arcades around now. The machines I have on location are very much appreciated by all concerned. The crt has been repaired but the LCD's are more reliable on location. In the movie pixels the machines in the arcade in the beginning all had lcd monitors and ran 60 in 1 pcb's (just before any of you wet yourselves thinking they're original machines).

Home arcades are fantastic but I'd rather the public to actually enjoy them as they used to back in the day.

Thank you and goodnight ������������

66578_300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I don’t think anyone’s jealous here, have a look in the mame of shame or dreamer threads and you’ll probably know what the people on here like/dislike. The problem people have is the machines were originally advertised on here and the whole idea of the marketplace is to keep sales within the community, rules were bent to even allow those machines to be sold.
    If your advert didn’t end up mentioned here it was gonna end up in one or both of the above mentioned threads, brush it off and forget about it

Thank you and goodnight 😅😅😅😅😅😅
    Lol so you knew an op was going to buy it, you should use that foresight on the lotto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Prices and all that have gone doolally, an aliens board just sold for 230 sterling over in ukvac. Up and up.

I get a bit of a kick out of hunting things down in the "wild", but the last few months have me questioning sanity. I put in a lot of time making connections, travelling around, bog snorkeling for games and games. A lot of effort, fun as it may be.

So I have to wonder that, after all that effort, when someone buys stuff at cost (and below) only to resell, am I being a mug? Here, UK, USA, wherever.

From now on I'll be putting self-destruct systems on everything and if they go on sale within a year I'll blow it to hell :p

Keeping things tight going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

In the movie pixels the machines in the arcade in the beginning all had lcd monitors and ran 60 in 1 pcb's (just before any of you wet yourselves thinking they're original machines).

I don't think there's any issue with wetness at the mention of that movie.
    I also don't think you fully understand your audience here.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,460 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just watched the arcade scene in Pixels (haven't seen the film before, looks ****e) and yeah, they're all LCDs and look crap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They probably used them because the screens "worked" on film better.
    Or because their supplier was sh1te.
    Could go either way

Master of the Universe

Anyone here have experience using the 'King of Air' pandora PCB?

It's a compilation of 51 vertical shmups. Quite a few on there I could never afford at this stage like Guwange and Battle Garegga.

Tempted to pick it up and stick it into one of the slots on the 6 slot switcher yolk. (The only game I have on the list is Dodonpachi II so it wouldn't make my other vertical board redundant thankfully! :D)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone here have experience using the 'King of Air' pandora PCB?

It's a compilation of 51 vertical shmups. Quite a few on there I could never afford at this stage like Guwange and Battle Garegga.

Tempted to pick it up and stick it into one of the slots on the 6 slot switcher yolk. (The only game I have on the list is Dodonpachi II so it wouldn't make my other vertical board redundant thankfully! :D)

I dont but also interested ,
    I wonder how many games are playable with only one button.
    I want to put something else in my donkey knog but not change the panel.

I have a Pandora 4 and its fine for occasional use but deffo not something for the hardcore gamaer

Master of the Universe

If you don't mind not having bombs then most games would be :D

Might be able to modify the board so that your Donkey Kong player 2 button drops bombs? It's not that far away from your player 1 button.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I dont but also interested ,
    I wonder how many games are playable with only one button.
    I want to put something else in my donkey knog but not change the panel.

I have a Pandora 4 and its fine for occasional use but deffo not something for the hardcore gamaer

A 60-in-1 ? Most of them are 1 button games

A 60-in-1 ? Most of them are 1 button games

That’s what’s in it!
    Still plying dk after all there years

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Those King of Air PCBs are pricey enough on ebay but they're for sale on aliexpress for far cheaper.

Bit of a black Friday deal on tomorrow too.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-Jamma-Mutli-Game-Board-Vertical-Screen-Flight-Shooting-Mutligame-Board-The-King-of-Air-51/32809124738.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.260.3d3b3c00U30QF9

Advertisement