Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Talk 24/7/365

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭geotrig

Time ,space and money are my hindrance these days, could lend a hand if needed this side of the country...
    I'd make a trip anywhere for an Atari centipede though :lol:

ah jeasus ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did you ever consider renting a lockup? I used to have one in Sandyford for a few years. Was 100 a month. Would fit 6-10 cabs in it. They've much bigger ones available too.

Considered everything under the sun. Just the circumstances weren't in my favour. Its only when youre standing in front of a 770lb outrun that you have to move, that's when it gets real all of a sudden :)

Storage would have worked, but when I thought of the headache of getting everything into it, and then OUT of it again, it was a non-runner.

beejee wrote: »
    Im going to have an interview process and bootcamp for the next one!

Haha too right

So are the big one staying on this isle or going overseas :( ?

should of asked the local lads first. :(

• Advertisement

geotrig wrote: »
    Haha too right

So are the big one staying on this isle or going overseas :( ?

This thing got so out of hand, its probably best for me to say nothing at this point, not yet. Ridiculous, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Im going to have an interview process and bootcamp for the next one!

Hard to get genuine people who just want to add to their collection....in every collection scene.

This thing got so out of hand, its probably best for me to say nothing at this point, not yet. Ridiculous, I know.

I assume you've gotten Death Threats and all yeah?

should of asked the local lads first. :(

I knew that there were a few members near the place on ukvac. It was simply that little nudge that brought me that direction. Lessons learned all over the place.

O_o

• Advertisement

You just have to laugh, got so out of hand! At one point it seemed likely that there would be a literal showdown between two groups right at the place. Gas stuff!

Anyway, if someone wants the 3 cabs for hundred quid, I'll check again tomorrow. Catch ye later!

You just have to laugh, got so out of hand! At one point it seemed likely that there would be a literal showdown between two groups right at the place. Gas stuff!

Oh both ended up there.. I'm just interested where had a outrun dlx back in the day as I've never seen one here in any arcade :(

O_o

Only speaking from experience :pac:

I've gotten Death Threats off people on Facebook for trolling on ridiculous posts

Had one guy PM me last week saying he was going to to fly to Ireland and beat me up. All because I commented on a t-shirt design and said it was "uninspired and pretty crappy"

Lol some people take things too serious, I know some of the other raids in the UK got sketchy and their was some f drama when sf4 was coming out as well.. Puts you off the hobby or any hobby in fairness

Lol some people take things too serious, I know some of the other raids in the UK got sketchy and their was some f drama when sf4 was coming out as well.. Puts you off the hobby or any hobby in fairness

When i was buying my white water pinball from a guy in wicklow he posted on an american pinball site looking for valuations (deal was done with me allready).
    they nearly scuppered the whole deal by giving him american prices and even saying they would buy it off him and ship it to the sates.Then they called him a troll etc etc and he told them to go **** themselves
    I seen the post,left work and drove to his house with cash :D

still have it too!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Is say the mods could accommodate a thread in the marketplace, im sure one of them will see this soon anyway.

No projects for me anyway, have way too much on my plate to take on a new cab

I haven’t caught up on what’s going on but I’d be open to A&R marketplace posts as long as deals are done on thread until agreed then brought to PM. Rules in the charter but I’d let the 50 posts requirement slide for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Great news Beejee, glad it got sorted and you weren't out of pocket.
    I'd always lend a hand if needed and could store some cabs if needed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

So who got the tmnt and simpsons in the end?
    Sounds like a disaster, I’ve used places like ustoreit in the past and they do good deals and are great places for temporary storage, so easy with lifts, 24hour access etc.
    If you ever come across anything like this again give me a shout and I can lend a hand, unlikely there is anymore room at the inn for arcade cabs but pinballs and Jamma boards are a different story, would make room ;);)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I haven’t caught up on what’s going on but I’d be open to A&R marketplace posts as long as deals are done on thread until agreed then brought to PM. Rules in the charter but I’d let the 50 posts requirement slide for this.

I approve this message!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There was a virtua racing upright, nice machine :)

How much did that sell for?
    That's one of those games I'd give my right arm for, only I wouldn't then be able to play it...

:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just read that thread on UKVAC, its a pity people can get so greedy over these things, Ive a few cabs\pins myself like most people on this forum, but I would have helped you move these cabs just for the experience of being involved in something like this, seeing all those old cabs again and sorting them out\testing. I wouldnt have even cared if i came away with a cab or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,639 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Same here, would love to be involved in something like this. Really don't have the space for anymore machines but just interacting with and having a nose around old bits and pieces is good enough for me. Even the idea of looking through and identifying jamma boards is always a bit of fun.

215TApM.gif

Seriously though, it's cool to get a few cabs when they are going. Like I have gotten good deals with games before and passed them on. If I got a outrun racer for cheap money I'd rather sell it to someone I know who really wants it and will cherish it for a good deal.

The most important thing that we all need to agree on and make a pact about. We don't leave any arcade machines or pinballs leave this Island.

I've seen too many amazing vintage 80s cars be sold and brought to the port never to return to know it's a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,639 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's a good way to interact with a hobby tbh. I never make huge profits from things. It just doesn't really sit right. Likewise, I've had people sell me things at way under their market value. If you build up a good community with that kind of an ethos (which I think we have) then everyone wins in the end.

As mentioned, the only thing that would bother me about this is as Jack B said, big items leaving Ireland. I know sometimes it can't be avoided (and might even be needed to save something as huge as an Outrun Deluxe), but it's sad to see.

its good to know that some dedicateds are still about and havent been all scavenged or scrapped already , especially the scrapped !!! #segahotrod dream lives on !!!!

jb re the, cars also shocking what some ,price wise left these shores for but thats what our insurance has gotten us , at least they live on elsewhere!

I'm pretty sure the sit down twin version of Sega Rally remains in Fingallians club house, in Swords, just never had to nerve to ask about it because I've nowhere to put it!

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's a good way to interact with a hobby tbh. I never make huge profits from things. It just doesn't really sit right. Likewise, I've had people sell me things at way under their market value. If you build up a good community with that kind of an ethos (which I think we have) then everyone wins in the end.

As mentioned, the only thing that would bother me about this is as Jack B said, big items leaving Ireland. I know sometimes it can't be avoided (and might even be needed to save something as huge as an Outrun Deluxe), but it's sad to see.

I have a huge section of my garage pretty free so I can fit it :D

So who got the tmnt and simpsons in the end?
    Sounds like a disaster, I’ve used places like ustoreit in the past and they do good deals and are great places for temporary storage, so easy with lifts, 24hour access etc.
    If you ever come across anything like this again give me a shout and I can lend a hand, unlikely there is anymore room at the inn for arcade cabs but pinballs and Jamma boards are a different story, would make room ;);)

They've all gone to the same place, arcade club. That wasn't the intention, it was a last minute thing (almost literally) Its too long a story to show how it got to that point. But it is what it is now.

But yeah, I know a few people who can be relied on now, and I'll try to do things with you lads here from now on :)

• Advertisement

215TApM.gif

Seriously though, it's cool to get a few cabs when they are going. Like I have gotten good deals with games before and passed them on. If I got a outrun racer for cheap money I'd rather sell it to someone I know who really wants it and will cherish it for a good deal.

The most important thing that we all need to agree on and make a pact about. We don't leave any arcade machines or pinballs leave this Island.

I've seen too many amazing vintage 80s cars be sold and brought to the port never to return to know it's a bad idea.

That was the original plan! I was just going to save them from destruction and then pass off some killer deals just to recoup expenses. And it was going to be a fairly even split between cabs staying here and moving further afield.

But as ron burgundy would say, that escalated quickly!

Advertisement