Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Marathon 30/9/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Best of luck all...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Just been for a short and light run and its quite hot out there, masked by a bit of a breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Best of luck to everyone running this. Been following all the logs - lots of hard work done, time to reap the rewards. Looking forward to seeing how ye all get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Best to everyone!! Enjoy the rewards of all your hard work....and reward your hard work by enjoying this race!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Just been for a short and light run and its quite hot out there, masked by a bit of a breeze

Stop freaking us out. You posted that after 2pm local time - hopefully we'll all be in the pub by then! :D

The very very very best of luck to all and really looking forward to meeting everyone afterwards.

I hope everyone has their positive mantras loaded up and ready to go. :)

1 day, 13 hours, minutes, seconds to go now... VERY EXCITED!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Wondering about going to sat morning 6k breakfast easy run to Olympic stadium - did not do it in Paris and regretted it :)

Do it.
    It'll be slow and leisurely, but enjoyable. the breakfast at the Olympic Stadion is not to be sniffed at either. bring the camera and e5 for the train back to city centre.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Best of luck to everyone doing this race on Sunday!
    I've ran alongside plenty of you so I'll be keeping an even keener eye out for you guys!
    That tracker app unfortunately only allows 5 people to be followed, so Claralara, Digger, Meno, Marthastew and her husband better all keep me waiting no longer than 3.5hrs and I'll be getting very excited as the 3hr mark approaches!
    This will be one for me for next year for sure!

As the 20 mile mark approaches and times start getting tough just remember Ronnie Reagan's words of encouragement for Gorbachev who ran the 1987 Berlin marathon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Best of luck folks.

Post race. I recommend the bars along the river spree. Lovely relaxing deck chairs by the water with waiter service. You won't have to move!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Best of luck to all of you in this one. A future one for me hopefully, 2013 or 2014 all going well....

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I see G Mutai is on the elite start list. I wonder are they going for a world record.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

G-Money wrote: »
    I see G Mutai is on the elite start list. I wonder are they going for a world record.

Yes, he has pacers with him from his training camp, they're planning a slight negative split just inside the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

Best of Luck folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Best of luck guys and gals. I'll be thinking of ye all as I'm doing a local 10k :) Cant wait to read the reports of how well ye all got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭opus

Found a live Eurosport steam here if anyone is looking to watch it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

opus wrote: »
    Found a live Eurosport steam here if anyone is looking to watch it live.

It's live on Eurosport (SKY channel 410).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Just Bailed at the 6k point as per my exit strategy.

Right legs was just working too hard and cramping up and getting some pain in the piriformis. Not to be today :(. I'll get down to the finish line in a bit to cheer on the others

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

menoscemo wrote: »

Right legs was just working too hard and cramping up and getting some pain in the piriformis. Not to be today :(. I'll get down to the finish line in a bit to cheer on the others
    Jaysus that's sh1te Meno, but a sound decision in the long run. None of that training will go to waste. Just pick the next target and get on it. And try to enjoy some beers tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

menoscemo wrote: »

Hard luck Niall.

Anybody got the link to track athletes? I have the app on my phone and got the first 5km splits (all good so far for CL and Digs) but it's acting the mick now :mad:

http://results.scc-events.com/2012/?&lang=EN&pid=leaderboard

There's a lookup facility at the bottom of the page. Looking good for your protogé(s).
    Pre is currently running at 2:43 pace.
    Pronator going for the club record: 2:36:05 pace. :)

• Advertisement

TRR wrote: »
    Hard luck Niall.

Anybody got the link to track athletes? I have the app on my phone and got the first 5km splits (all good so far for CL and Digs) but it's acting the mick now :mad:

Yeah I saw digs just behind the 3:15 pacers after I stepped off and he looked very happy.

There's a lookup facility at the bottom of the page. Looking good for your protogé(s).

Jesus CL is flying, looks like I would have gotten chicked today no matter what. Started off at 3:09 pace but speeding up towards 3:05 pace after 10k..

Super stuff, yeah reckon Pronator going to get into the low 2.30s today. Great stuff, I've more interest in this bloody race than my own which starts in 2 hours :)

Super stuff, yeah reckon Pronator going to get into the low 2.30s today. Great stuff, I've more interest in this bloody race than my own which starts in 2 hours :)
    This is more exciting. Easy run in Phoenix Park in the afternoon? :D
    Pre still running very even splits (19:16, 19:32, 19:13) for a 2:43.

This is more exciting. Easy run in Phoenix Park in the afternoon? :D
    Pre still running very even splits (19:16, 19:32, 19:13) for a 2:43.

agreed, if I hadn't of paid 30 quid to enter I would skip it all right.

Weather looks all right over there today. Temps perfect, is there a bit of a wind though?

Digger running very very evenly 23.14, 23.30, 23.31. Looks like the 3.15 pacers are doing their job.

Digger running very very evenly 23.14, 23.30, 23.31. Looks like the 3.15 pacers are doing their job.

the 15k splits are not showing up in the live tracking....how is CL going after 15?

Edit, they are up now 22:13, 21:57, 22:18. 3:06:xx pace...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

The leaders just passing the water stop where I broke down and had to walk in 2008. Leaders looking strong. I might have to eat my words. IIRC, Makau slowed a little in 35-42km after the weaving, etc. with Haile. If they work together, it could be interesting at the end.

She's on 3:06:56 pace. Splits: 22:13, 21:57, 22:18.

• Advertisement

I see Vagga is on 3:30 pace but running his own race. Somehow he took 9 minutes to cross the startline (he was in the same wave as Marthastew and Mr Stew who only took 2 minutes.

Marthastew is on 3:42 pace after 15k and MrStew well under 3:30 pace...

Advertisement