Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Division 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

yep well done.

I'm in freefall.

Havent scored a touchdown in the last two weeks and vick hasnt thrown one either.:o:o

just one of those things i suppose, sometimes your team just dont show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

yep well done.

I'm in freefall.

Havent scored a touchdown in the last two weeks and vick hasnt thrown one either.:o:o

just one of those things i suppose, sometimes your team just dont show up!

You can take comfort in the fact that Cam Newton who you sold to me had his worst game this season yesterday. Calvin Johnson had a shocker too, should have had 200 yards and 2 touchdowns if not for his hands, only 6 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I should beat the No1 team tonight. I'm 18pts behind with two big guns; AP and Jennings left to play. Defly not a gimme but i rather be in my shoes than his.

I only needed 12pts when his Stafford scored a td in garbage time...fu Stafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

Hazys wrote: »
    I should beat the No1 team tonight. I'm 18pts behind with two big guns; AP and Jennings left to play. Defly not a gimme but i rather be in my shoes than his.

I only needed 12pts when his Stafford scored a td in garbage time...fu Stafford.

Yeah I would happily swap shoes. Either AP or Jennings could rack up 18pts by themselves.
    After benching V Jackson and declaring him my worst draft pick he went out and scored 22 pts . So i put him into the line up this week and get a whopping 2 pts. with Laurent Robinson on the bench with 19.3pts.
    And i dropped Chicago DEf and stayed with Detroit

I'm just feeling sorry for myself now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Won by 1.5 points. Opp picked up bears but never put them in his team :D he played with no defense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Molly wrote: »
    Won by 1.5 points. Opp picked up bears but never put them in his team :D he played with no defense

The interface is really crap there, I did the same last week. For defense and kicker, a player on the bench looks very similar to one in the starting spot, so if you quickly look over your team, you think you have it set.

Can see it on the guy's team here:
    http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/456918/team/12

And when you transfer in, by default it puts them on the bench, even if there's no-one available for the starting slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Great display from Gronkowski again last night. That's his 3rd week with a +20 score. He's only 5 points behind Jimmy Graham with a game less played. Oh and he's now got 8 TDs. There's only 3 guys ahead of him in number of TDs scored; Megatron, LeSean McCoy and Adrian Peterson. Not bad going.

If the Packers defence perform like they did last week and Crosby knocks over a few kicks then I'll be on my way to another +100 score. Would help me to put a little space between me and whoever is going to be in 2nd place.

Hopefully Peterson runs wild tonight and Team Better Than Awesome wins his match. Would only place me second then to the Zebras on points scored. Might be able to get to first place by the end of the season.

Last week before Sunday I offered Marshawn Lynch in a trade for Percy Harvin. While Lynch's value was going up the trade was accepted and I find I can't cancel it. Could the GM please cancel my trade?

not sure that it would be fair to undo this trade. The trade was accepted by both parties.

Great display from Gronkowski again last night. That's his 3rd week with a +20 score. He's only 5 points behind Jimmy Graham with a game less played. Oh and he's now got 8 TDs. There's only 3 guys ahead of him in number of TDs scored; Megatron, LeSean McCoy and Adrian Peterson. Not bad going.

If the Packers defence perform like they did last week and Crosby knocks over a few kicks then I'll be on my way to another +100 score. Would help me to put a little space between me and whoever is going to be in 2nd place.

Hopefully Peterson runs wild tonight and Team Better Than Awesome wins his match. Would only place me second then to the Zebras on points scored. Might be able to get to first place by the end of the season.

yeah you stomped all over me this week.....vick apparently had broken ribs after the second play. Not that it would have mattered.

• Advertisement

not sure that it would be fair to undo this trade. The trade was accepted by both parties.

I think that you should note that the value of one of the traded players increased greatly between the time I offered the trade and the other party accepted it.

cmon matthew8, you know the rules.

You shouldnt even be asking......

I suppose I'll have to take the trade now, unless I can get Bunch Of Goons to agree to cancel it, or at least alter it (say I was to get Brent Celek and give Carson Palmer now that his Schaub is gone for the season and Fitzpatrick has been found out).

If the playoffs started today:

First round bye to Team Of Rivals and Zamunda Zebras. The Clontarf Cheetahs play the Gadsden Patriots in the wildcard round, while Team Better Than Awesome face Team Awesome, which I think would be an epic clash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

matthew8 wrote: »
    Last week before Sunday I offered Marshawn Lynch in a trade for Percy Harvin. While Lynch's value was going up the trade was accepted and I find I can't cancel it. Could the GM please cancel my trade?

Are you serious?

"Hi Paddy Powers, I put a €100 bet on the Jets to beat the Patriots. It's the 4th quarter, and the Patriots are up by 17 points. Could you please cancel the bet?"

Cam Newton wrote: »
    Are you serious?

"Hi Paddy Powers, I put a €100 bet on the Jets to beat the Patriots. It's the 4th quarter, and the Patriots are up by 17 points. Could you please cancel the bet?"

The trade wasn't for the week that Marshawn Lynch performed very well. It hasn't gone through. It's nothing like that, besides, have you even read the ensuing posts? If you have then there was no reason for your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The trade wasn't for the week that Marshawn Lynch performed very well. It hasn't gone through. It's nothing like that, besides, have you even read the ensuing posts? If you have then there was no reason for your post.

Its your fault for leaving the offer on the table for so long. Do you really think you have cause to get this trade cancelled? Really?

7-3 Just win baby!

7 game winning streak and no sign of easing up.

Cam Newton wrote: »
    Its your fault for leaving the offer on the table for so long. Do you really think you have cause to get this trade cancelled? Really?
    Not anymore, but I thought GMs could veto trades that were slightly accidental. It's not a bad deal (especially as I really like Harvin's prospects, considering nearly all his remaining games are indoors) so I'll shut up about it so long as you do too.

5th week now with a +100 score. Guaranteed a win next week considering I'm up against Tash Ticklers. I'll be missing Brees so it's a relief that I'll get away with it.

Loving the way the league is shaping up now. There's a good chance that Zamunda Zebras will get beaten by the Patriots this week. He's missing Foster which will be a huge blow.

If things go my way this time next week I could be sitting pretty atop the league table. Won't count my chickens yet though.
    Not anymore, but I thought GMs could veto trades that were slightly accidental. It's not a bad deal (especially as I really like Harvin's prospects, considering nearly all his remaining games are indoors) so I'll shut up about it so long as you do too.

Slightly accidental? Sure you posted on this thread three days ago asking was any one willing to trade for Lynch. You can't just change your mind now that it doesn't suit you.
    yeah you stomped all over me this week.....vick apparently had broken ribs after the second play. Not that it would have mattered.

Yea it's been confirmed as broken ribs. I think it could have been from that heavy tackle he shipped from some player whose name I can't remember.

5th week now with a +100 score. Guaranteed a win next week considering I'm up against Tash Ticklers. I'll be missing Brees so it's a relief that I'll get away with it.
    Hehehe, I've had only one week with a +100 score, and that was one of my losses, yet I have as many wins as you.
    Loving the way the league is shaping up now. There's a good chance that Zamunda Zebras will get beaten by the Patriots this week. He's missing Foster which will be a huge blow.
    Yes I'm extremely lucky to play him when he's without Foster. Unluckily for him, he may be playing me at the worst possible time as I may finally have a complete team (typically there are a few positions in which I'm very bad but not this week, I think). I've finally figured out the whole defense thing, a position I've been very bad most of this year. Just pick up free agent defenses playing shocking teams. This week I'm almost guaranteed a good score as my Browns play the Jags, they may even get a shutout.

Slightly accidental? Sure you posted on this thread three days ago asking was any one willing to trade for Lynch. You can't just change your mind now that it doesn't suit you.
    The issue's over, the trade's going through, let's move on.

Yea it's been confirmed as broken ribs. I think it could have been from that heavy tackle he shipped from some player whose name I can't remember.
    I'm fairly sure he broke them early, and that the time he was smashed was in the second half, and it just agitated the injury.

• Advertisement

Hehehe, I've had only one week with a +100 score, and that was one of my losses, yet I have as many wins as you

Ah but I'm 129 points ahead of you. It's because of my score that I'm in second and would get a bye at the moment. It's hugely important in my view that you rack up as many points as you can during the early season. It's essentially worth an extra win for me at the moment.

When I played against Foster in week 4/5, he got 40 points.
    Interestingly when I played against mendenhall, he got 27 points (another first)

and finally when I was 22 points ahead of some team who only had JOSH FREEMAN to play, he got 24 points.....I mean come on, Josh Freeman, REALLY!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

When I played against Foster in week 4/5, he got 40 points.

In fairness I won by 39 points so I only needed him to get a couple of points. I think Painter scoring a negative was more of your undoing.

Good to see plenty of activity on this thread its making the league enjoyable (that and being Number 1).

slowharry wrote: »
    In fairness I won by 39 points so I only needed him to get a couple of points. I think Painter scoring a negative was more of your undoing.

Good to see plenty of activity on this thread its making the league enjoyable (that and being Number 1).

For now ;)

slowharry wrote: »

As for trading Akers its unlikely. He's been a stud for me. He averages 10+pts a week so unless Alex Smith turns into A-Rod overnight i still see the 49ers struggling to finish drives with TDs.

but make an offer anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Can't wait to end your streak :D

Vital I win at least two of my last three games if i'm to stand any chance of the play offs. Week 6 and 7 where I lost to a poor team and an inactive team while scoring under 45 points both weeks.

Molly wrote: »
    Can't wait to end your streak :D

Vital I win at least two of my last three games if i'm to stand any chance of the play offs. Week 6 and 7 where I lost to a poor team and an inactive team while scoring under 45 points both weeks.

My winning streak is going nowhere. Molly, i'm going to annihilate you this week.

This is my exactly reaction to Molly thinking about making the playoffs:

Carson Palmer is still for sale and ESPN have him as the #8 QB this week, I'm accepting players in all positions, even kicker and defense.

Projected scores for this week:

Team of Rivals - 120.48

The Tash Ticklers - 18.70

:D:D:D:D

It's quite possible that 3 of my players will outscore his whole team, and that's even with Drew Brees on a bye.

Let's just say I'm a little bit excited to find out just how much I trounce his team by this week.

• Advertisement

Interesting move today, Steelers defense on a bye has been dropped, but next week they play Tyler Palko. Bad move I think. Trade processed today for Percy Harvin/Marshawn Lynch, while my Palmer/Celek trade was accepted. The thing with both of these trades is that I was trading away very startable players who were sitting on my bench, to a trade partner who needed the players, and who I would really like to get a couple wins against teams going for a wildcard spot.

Advertisement