Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Who wants Rishard Matthews after that red hot performance eh??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Shaping up to be a lovely week. I leave Big Ben sitting on my bench while my opponent has Brown

Two things:

Manafana and Monstars have starters on byes this week, try field a full line up lads.

And the trade deadline is this day next week, 26/11! Get the deals done soon gents :) Forte Year Old Virgins still on the search for a QB!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Sorry Southpark cows.... First decent game I've had all year and might wreck your 8-2...

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

Agent J wrote: »
    Sorry Southpark cows.... First decent game I've had all year and might wreck your 8-2...
    Well done mate, I wasn't hopeful coming into the week. Sanu is another good play, I'm expected to be well and truly battered by the end of it.

• Advertisement

Another game in the books lads! Full line ups fielded across the board and 6 of 8 games decided by 10 points or fewer!

Trade deadline is this Sunday! And remember that there is 3 games on Thursday for Thanksgiving (god bless the yanks) :)

Went from no QBs... to two QBs... but both have played so have to stream Paxton Lynch haha :/

If anyone is looking for a QB, might part with Stafford haha!

I have Greg olsen to trade if anyone has any receivers to offer before the deadline.

AirDemon wrote: »
    I have Greg olsen to trade if anyone has any receivers to offer before the deadline.

Sent you an offer there mate.

I'm also looking for a RB if anyone is willing to deal. Have Coleman, Adams, Tate, J Brown and Gordon to deal.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Sent you an offer there mate.

I'm also looking for a RB if anyone is willing to deal. Have Coleman, Adams, Tate, J Brown and Gordon to deal.

So annoying, I never even noticed the trade offer.

I checked my emails and the app multiple times throughout the day but never received anything.

• Advertisement

AirDemon wrote: »
    So annoying, I never even noticed the trade offer.

I checked my emails and the app multiple times throughout the day but never received anything.

That's odd... I get an app notification and an email every time a trade is offered/rejected involving me and one for all accepted trades in general...

I do seem to get emails about accepted trades in the league but nothing else. Really weird and annoying.

Too late now.... back to the IR with you Greg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

That Rawls trade for Adams is very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

That Rawls trade for Adams is very strange.

it really is, it's the kind that should have been vetoed.

Why want was wrong with it? I picked Adams up off waivers that week so he obviously wasn’t wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

paulie21 wrote: »
    Why want was wrong with it? I picked Adams up off waivers that week so he obviously wasn’t wanted

seems like a very unbalanced trade is all. Rawls has done nothing all season, scoring more than 4 points once all season (he got 7 in week 9). Adams has over 11 points 6 times, and over 4 points 10 times. The fact he came off waivers doesn't mean much, I'd guess there were quite a few claims in for him that week.

McG wrote: »
    it really is, it's the kind that should have been vetoed.

I was the recipient in this trade, and also 'Commissioner' so apologies if you don't agree with my statements below but i'm trying to remain impartial whilst also defending my part in the trade.

So you believe this trade was collusion? That's the only reason a trade should be vetoed, not because you disagree with a team owners player values.

Gronk When You're Winning clearly posted above that he had an abundance of WRs and was looking to trade for an RB, how many people made an offer for his WRs before trade deadline after his post/before this one was accepted?

I can understand people going 'Sh*t, I could have bought Adams for very cheap'... but that's not a reason to veto a trade. He obviously doesn't rate/need Adams or is just desperate for an RB/rates Rawls. I chanced my arm to flip a back up RB to someone who was hurting for an RB (and again, he made it clear in the days prior), that's about it. I'm an extremely active owner, who loves the trading element more than the matchups most times... sometimes it works well for, other times I massively regret my trades haha.

Open to further discussions if needed.

McG wrote: »
    seems like a very unbalanced trade is all. Rawls has done nothing all season, scoring more than 4 points once all season (he got 7 in week 9). Adams has over 11 points 6 times, and over 4 points 10 times. The fact he came off waivers doesn't mean much, I'd guess there were quite a few claims in for him that week.

Would disagree. So you're OK with someone dropping Adams for nothing, not with someone trading him for cheap?

To be perfectly honest, I don't necessary 'need' Adams as I'm quite strong at WR. I just seen an opportunity to buy low and went for it (mostly in part due to my sickening trading addiction)

I posted here before the deadline that I needed a RB because I only had 2. Gerry was the only one who made an offer I even waited a while to see would someone come in with a better offer it never materialized so accepted the offer. Why would I want to help a rival?

You know what **** it.

I'll just keep my mouth shut and finish the season.

The stats here speak for themselves.

• Advertisement

You know what **** it.

I'll just keep my mouth shut and finish the season.

The stats here speak for themselves.

I'd rather no bad blood or animosity going ahead mate. Can understand your annoyance at someone buying Adams for very cheap, genuinely can. But i've already posted all of the reasons why I think it happened so no point going over it.

Genuinely no collusion or the likes involved. @Adrian522 is the guy who organizes the boards leagues I think, if you want to take it further then it's probably best messaging him as again, it's hard for me to be unbiased seeing as I'm involved in the trade.

And as I said, I'm not in any desperate need for Adams. I would gladly have done Rawls for Coleman, Gordon, Adams or Tate... could change it if that made it fairer and Gronk When You're Winning agreed.

The league was going great this year, plenty of activity, trading, full line ups etc... would be a shame to spoil it.

gerryfed wrote: »
    I'd rather no bad blood or animosity going ahead mate. Can understand your annoyance at someone buying Adams for very cheap, genuinely can. But i've already posted all of the reasons why I think it happened so no point going over it.

Genuinely no collusion or the likes involved. @Adrian522 is the guy who organizes the boards leagues I think, if you want to take it further then it's probably best messaging him as again, it's hard for me to be unbiased seeing as I'm involved in the trade.

And as I said, I'm not in any desperate need for Adams. I would gladly have done Rawls for Coleman, Gordon, Adams or Tate... could change it if that made it fairer and Gronk When You're Winning agreed.

The league was going great this year, plenty of activity, trading, full line ups etc... would be a shame to spoil it.

It's grand. It seemed fishy. I'll take your word on this. You have to admit, if there were a trade born from collusion, it would look something like this.

It's grand. It seemed fishy. I'll take your word on this. You have to admit, if there were a trade born from collusion, it would look something like this.

Lobsided? Yes. Collusion? No.

To be honest... if I was going to commit collusion, it wouldn't be for a WR3/4 on my team (Funchess has a great schedule), in a free league, and with someone who is a playoff rival?

Anyways, don't think there's much else I can say on it.

I's gameday!!! Enjoy gents!

Ah here, the 10th best WR statistically after 12 weeks in a 16 man league is not a WR3/4. It's the downplaying of Adams value that is strange to me. Call a spade a spade. He is at the very least a WR2 and a guaranteed starter for most if not all teams.

I consider the matter closed. I am just explaining why it seemed weird to me.

Ah here, the 10th best WR statistically after 12 weeks in a 16 man league is not a WR3/4. It's the downplaying of Adams value that is strange to me. Call a spade a spade. He is at the very least a WR2 and a guaranteed starter for most if not all teams.

I consider the matter closed. I am just explaining why it seemed weird to me.

Well I ain't starting him over Evans or Green, and I just like Funchess playoff schedule a lot. But fair enough! Don't forget... someone dropped him haha. That's even more criminal :)

Well I ain't starting him over Evans or Green, and I just like Funchess playoff schedule a lot. But fair enough! Don't forget... someone dropped him haha. That's even more criminal :)

Yeah that boggles my mind alright. I'll get back to watching the Colts get destroyed now :o

Yeah that boggles my mind alright. I'll get back to watching the Colts get destroyed now :o

My Redskins already got smashed so atleast my misery was over early this week :/

Playoff time gents!

CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFF QUARTER FINALS:

Quarterfinal 1
    Forte Year Old Virgins (1) V BYE

Quarterfinal 2
    Chancers(4) V Irish Colts (5)

Quarterfinal 3
    South Park Cows (3) V Gronk When You're Winning (6)

Quarterfinal 4
    Hackenberger and Fries (2) V BYE

SEMI FINALS:

QF1 V QF2
    QF3 V QF4

Good Luck all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Playoff time gents!

CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYOFF QUARTER FINALS:

Quarterfinal 1
    Forte Year Old Virgins (1) V BYE

Quarterfinal 2
    Chancers(4) V Irish Colts (5)

Quarterfinal 3
    South Park Cows (3) V Gronk When You're Winning (6)

Quarterfinal 4
    Hackenberger and Fries (2) V BYE

SEMI FINALS:

QF1 V QF2
    QF3 V QF4

Good Luck all :)

Very glad to have had the bye this week. 6 of my 7 offensive starters had a score of 2.70 or less....... A combined total of 10.74

Need some serious waiver wire dumpster finds for next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Hit the bubble due to a head to head loss of 6 points :(
    Recovered decent after only one win in first 4 games.

Advertisement