Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

TBH on the basis of last year the whole league could get promoted if there are enough inactives in the higher leagues.

Bit annoying to go the whole season with 1/2 losses and then find someone who finished with 5/6 losses get promoted as well. Makes a mockery of it but that's the way it is.

that will really only happen in the lower leagues, as you move up the divisions less and less no shows.

matthew8 wrote: »
    FFS Cutler. 1.3 points. I only needed 6. Another Cutler letdown in primetime.

yip, he did that to me so many times last year. one week i needed him to get two points and he ended up with 0.2 or some such, primetime game and he didn't get benched, i think he threw 6 ints or something like it (SF i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

This week team of rivals looks to put me out of my misery, but the projections reckon I'll win somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I have 5 players on a bye...could be a long week!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

This week team of rivals looks to put me out of my misery, but the projections reckon I'll win somehow.

I made a few changes there and I've an 8 point lead on you.

Really annoyed with my WR situation though. All 3 are projected to get around 5/6 each. Not great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Squeaky bum time in the league as the business end of the season approaches.... Just looking at the various teams in our division. Hard to believe the quality of the team no: 1 seed "Team of Rivals" has put together, 9-1 with 1055 points scored. He has also only made 3 additions via free agency or waivers :eek:

Really need a win this week, currently tied atop the Leinster division....

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Squeaky bum time in the league as the business end of the season approaches.... Just looking at the various teams in our division. Hard to believe the quality of the team no: 1 seed "Team of Rivals" has put together, 9-1 with 1055 points scored. He has also only made 3 additions via free agency or waivers :eek:

And the only one that has really benefited me was Martellus Bennet. To be honest I could have done without him. Hasn't contributed much at all. I missed his good weeks.

To be fair I completely fluked it with the draft. At the start I didn't think RG3 was going to be as good as he has been. Marshall has really been great this year. I had him last year and he drove me insane. He had the most dropped passes in the red zone in the league I think.

My real stars have been my 3 RBs. Only 4 times has one of my starting RBs scored in single digits. That gives you a serious head start on the opposition. Alfred Morris is a beast. 110 points that I most definitely was not expecting at the start of the season.

All counts for nothing though if I can't get the business done in the post-season.

Another crap QB decision. Decided not to start Matt Schaub for... Nick Foles. 33 point difference there. Houston weren't meant to be throwing at all today. Note to self: Don't overthink things.

Or maybe not game over. Got to love the commitment to the cause Danario Alexander, scoring even when the game seems out of reach.

Or maybe not game over. Got to love the commitment to the cause Danario Alexander, scoring even when the game seems out of reach.

****ing devastating. Thought he wasn't going to get much never mind 2 TDs late on.

Need Marshall to step up to it.

• Advertisement

****ing devastating. Thought he wasn't going to get much never mind 2 TDs late on.

Need Marshall to step up to it.

Your fate is in Jason Campbell's hands. Hahaha. Really think Marshall should get it though.

I don't normally get upset about Fantasy Football, but this is as bad as I've felt after a 'loss'.

Sitting as the number 2 seed, taking on the No 15, I was confident enough.

I had to head to bed early last night as I was up at 6. At that point I was 45 points up and looked to be cruising. Couldn't believe it this morning when I saw that my 108 points wasn't enough!!

TY Hilton, Ravens D and Carson Palmer, I hate you!! (Also Torrey Smith who got me a magnificent 0.7 points!!)

Well done to Team Better than Awesome, but I'm absolutely sick! I have a tough one next week, and now I have a battle to just make the playoffs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Benimar wrote: »
    I don't normally get upset about Fantasy Football, but this is as bad as I've felt after a 'loss'.

Sitting as the number 2 seed, taking on the No 15, I was confident enough.

I had to head to bed early last night as I was up at 6. At that point I was 45 points up and looked to be cruising. Couldn't believe it this morning when I saw that my 108 points wasn't enough!!

TY Hilton, Ravens D and Carson Palmer, I hate you!! (Also Torrey Smith who got me a magnificent 0.7 points!!)

Well done to Team Better than Awesome, but I'm absolutely sick! I have a tough one next week, and now I have a battle to just make the playoffs :(

Finally some luck for me!!

I saw i was running close after the 1pm games...all i was thinking was why the fcuk did i start Alex Green over Stephens-Howling...Green got 0pts while
    Stephens-Howling had 19pts sitting on my bench.

Then suddenly I'm 45pts down, so oh well the benching of Stephens-Howling didn't really matter...here we go again, another thrashing.

I stopped checking during the day, but before i went to bed i had a quick look. I was 2pts down in the 3rd qtr of the Ravens - Steelers, i had Boldin and Ravens D, he had Torrey Smith....i may actually win this!

Delighted to see i won by a point this morning...i would have been gutted had i lost by a point, especially with 19pts sitting on my bench.

You guys haven't even picked up on why the loss was so devastating. Team Better than awesome took the lead on the last play, on which the Steelers half-heartedly flung it around and the Ravens landed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Need forte and manningham to combine for less than 11.88 points to win my match against the San Diego tribesmen....

You guys haven't even picked up on why the loss was so devastating. Team Better than awesome took the lead on the last play, on which the Steelers half-heartedly flung it around and the Ravens landed on it.

Oh FFS!! :mad::(

I'm off to bed!

Sweet Jesus, they lateraled to Willie Colon..Willie f***ing Colon!! Who thought that was a good idea?? A Pox on the Steelers!

After drafting what we think are the elite players, and waiving and claiming off waivers for 10 weeks, this team of currently available players would have beaten any team in Division 4 this week!

Player|Pos|Pts|
    Chad Henne|QB|30.86|
    Bilal Powell|RB|18|
    Jalen Parmele|RB|8.3|
    Brandon LaFell|WR|15.3|
    Aldrick Robinson|WR|10.9|
    Julian Edelmann|WR|16.5|
    Garrett Graham|TE|20.2|
    Jay Feely|K|13|
    Washington|DEF|17|
    Total| |150.06|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Need forte and manningham to combine for less than 11.88 points to win my match against the San Diego tribesmen....

You're a shoe in :p

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

poldebruin wrote: »
    After drafting what we think are the elite players, and waiving and claiming off waivers for 10 weeks, this team of currently available players would have beaten any team in Division 4 this week!

Player|Pos|Pts|
    Chad Henne|QB|30.86|
    Bilal Powell|RB|18|
    Jalen Parmele|RB|8.3|
    Brandon LaFell|WR|15.3|
    Aldrick Robinson|WR|10.9|
    Julian Edelmann|WR|16.5|
    Garrett Graham|TE|20.2|
    Jay Feely|K|13|
    Washington|DEF|17|
    Total| |150.06|

My auto draft gave me 2 of that team La Fell (who I dropped on Sunday in a frantic effort to get a TE when I heard Hernandez was out - then internet failure resulted in Hernandez still starting).
    and the Redskins defence (which I dropped from the start but have been consistently better than whatever team I ended up with on any particular week)

• Advertisement

Another bloody close loss, that's 3 of the last 4 weeks I've lost on poor decisions. I'm out of it completely now, unless I win twice, team awesome and moyross piebalds lose twice (one of them can be caused in the last week) and I make up 50 points difference on Piebalds. Still rankings to play for though, and I jump ahead of blue bloods this week with a win, and hopefully zebras/broncos too.

Another bloody close loss, that's 3 of the last 4 weeks I've lost on poor decisions.

That was mighty close. I was blessed that you got your QB decision wrong. Otherwise you'd have hammered me.

10-1 now though. Really annoyed about that one loss. I got absolutely annihilated that week but I reckon if I'd met Team Awesome most other weeks I'd have bet him. That's the way it goes though.

I got Edelman off of waivers. Watch Bill Belichick bench him or he will go down with a season-ending injury. My team is the FF Madden curse.

Delighted I got Kaepernick and Panthers off the wire. There's still a kick to get out of finishing above .500 so I'm motivated. Kaep got 18.72 against the Bears brilliant defense, god help the Saints "defense". Panthers, on the other hand, have Nick Foles and Brady Quinn to play in their last 2 regular season games.

Delighted I got Kaepernick and Panthers off the wire. There's still a kick to get out of finishing above .500 so I'm motivated. Kaep got 18.72 against the Bears brilliant defense, god help the Saints "defense". Panthers, on the other hand, have Nick Foles and Brady Quinn to play in their last 2 regular season games.

They have improved over the last 4 games - but that's coming from a historically bad low!

Yeah, I'm pushing for a .500 finish too. I think I might still have a mathemathical chance of qualifying, but would need a miracle, and I'm up against the 10-1 juggernaut that is Team of Rivals. Hopefully he'll rest some of his starters for to avoid injury in the playoffs :)

They have improved over the last 4 games - but that's coming from a historically bad low!

Yeah, I'm pushing for a .500 finish too. I think I might still have a mathemathical chance of qualifying, but would need a miracle, and I'm up against the 10-1 juggernaut that is Team of Rivals. Hopefully he'll rest some of his starters for to avoid injury in the playoffs :)

Haha not a chance I'll be resting any one.

Foster had a low scoring game by his standards there. Not exactly as confident as I might have been. I'm behind on projected points. Gonna go down to the wire I'd say.

EDIT: I'm a rehab. Never realised Foster was still playing. 23 points is a great return. I'm feeling alright about it again.

I got Edelman off of waivers. Watch Bill Belichick bench him or he will go down with a season-ending injury. My team is the FF Madden curse.

Edelman left game with a head injury last night. Hope it's not too serious.

Haha not a chance I'll be resting any one.

Foster had a low scoring game by his standards there. Not exactly as confident as I might have been. I'm behind on projected points. Gonna go down to the wire I'd say.

EDIT: I'm a rehab. Never realised Foster was still playing. 23 points is a great return. I'm feeling alright about it again.

my only comfort is that you didn't play Alfred Morris - still got Frank Gore up your sleeve though. I need Matt Ryan not to throw 5 ints this week.

my only comfort is that you didn't play Alfred Morris - still got Frank Gore up your sleeve though. I need Matt Ryan not to throw 5 ints this week.

Yea that was really annoying to see him score so well. I'm hopeful that Gore will outscore him though.

• Advertisement

Yea that was really annoying to see him score so well. I'm hopeful that Gore will outscore him though.

a fine stable of RBs to be sure.

Advertisement