Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Got lucky last week, getting a win with 65 points. I have Maclin and Jonathan Stewart returning this week so hope to do better. And I see my nemesis Julian Edelman is out (he's been taking targets from Welker), so hoping to get more from Welker.

Thinking of benching my first round pick Cam Newton for Ryan Fitzpatrick (Newton @ Atlanta, Fitzpatrick vs. Pats). And with Heyward-Bey out, planning to roll the dice with waiver-wire pickup Andrew Hawkins. He's had some very long touchdown receptions, but isn't targeted as much as other receivers, so a bit of a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Looks I'm going to lose my first match.

Haven't seen any of the matches but my players have performed way below par. Alfred Morris has more points than Arian Foster and he still has another quarter to go. Not sure how that managed to happen.

The Jets result killed me, but the one that did the most damage was when the Steves, Johnson and Smith, combined for a total of 6.5 points in comparison to my opponent having Roddy White and Bowe with their 45.7 points.

Oh yea and my TE got 13 points less than his.

This was a terrible day for me. I should still be top of the table but I really need to get a bit more luck next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

With a quarter of the season is finished with my Zebras in a 1 & 3 hole and a lot of players on bye week (particularly WR's) so I went shopping on the waiver wire. I was hoping to get Hixon but happy enough to get Colts receiver T.Y Hilton.

Also picked up Tebow - as a Pats fan I'm going to be sick cheering for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

slowharry wrote: »
    I've been offered Romo for Hernandez not to keen on having Romo and Bryant but will probably accept the trade unless I get a better offer

I'm gutted you didnt accept, that was my chance to save my season after a disasterous autopick draft.

I knew you had a bad QB situation and i had two "decent" qbs in Romo and Palmer.

I hate Romo, he is useless, stupid autopick picked him the 3rd, that basically ruin any chance of a good season. That trade propsal was my 3rd attempt to trade him. Also my autopick, picked Benie Wells in the 4th, who is now on IR and notched up an entire 10pts in 4 weeks.

I already had a TE in Gates but my plan was trade Romo for Hernandez. Start Palmer and sit Hernandex on the bench for 2/3 weeks (i was expecting him back earlier than people expected) once he started practising again, i'd actively start shopping him or Gates for a starting RB. Hernandez is back training today :mad:

Would you have had accepted had Romo not been on a bye week this week?

Hazys wrote: »
    I already had a TE in Gates but my plan was trade Romo for Hernandez. Start Palmer and sit Hernandex on the bench for 2/3 weeks (i was expecting him back earlier than people expected) once he started practising again, i'd actively start shopping him or Gates for a starting RB. Hernandez is back training today :mad:

Would you have had accepted had Romo not been on a bye week this week?

I had just read a report that Hernandez was healing well but I still need a QB so it was really already having a disappointing Bryant at WR along with the bye week that I turned it down.

Apart from my QB situation auto draft picked pretty much the team I would have drafted myself, but its nice to be able to blame things other than myself.

• Advertisement

I had just read a report that Hernandez was healing well but I still need a QB so it was really already having a disappointing Bryant at WR along with the bye week that I turned it down.

Apart from my QB situation auto draft picked pretty much the team I would have drafted myself, but its nice to be able to blame things other than myself.

My team is so sh1t compared to the team i had last year. Last year when i picked myself, I ended up with 4 starting RBs, this year i have one starting RB on my roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Who owns the Green Bay Slackers? They left 2 inactive WRs against me who were long declared out. Which makes me pretty relieved I only need 5 points from Graham/Novak to win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

matthew8 wrote: »
    Who owns the Green Bay Slackers? They left 2 inactive WRs against me who were long declared out. Which makes me pretty relieved I only need 5 points from Graham/Novak to win tonight.

You lucky boy :D. If he had even just played the 1 WR on his bench he would have won!

On another note, unless the Houston Kicker and D combine for 42 points, I will be 3-2. The significance of this is that, in my 2nd year in the league, I will have my 1st ever winning record :D

I think I've gotten really lucky. Left RG3 in and he got a grand total of 4 points.

Thankfully Morris, Gonzalez and Marshall decided to turn up.

I have Foster and the Jets D left and he has some WR for the Texans. I should win this week but it was far too close for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

How about them Cheetahs,

Fantastic scoring from my top 4 draft picks for a combined 98 Points.

4 and 1 :D

• Advertisement

Anyone looking for a TE wants to swap for a decent WR let me know?

Hey team better than awesome. Interested in getting rid of Tony Romo? I'm interested in getting rid of Steven Jackson.

Hey team better than awesome. Interested in getting rid of Tony Romo? I'm interested in getting rid of Steven Jackson.

Offer made

Afraid I may have to decline after Mendenhall went down. If he's down that makes Jackson a starter again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I get the 4th highest total of the week...and still lose by 34!! Back to 3-3 :(

I looked dead and buried after the early games, but Bradshaw and the Giants with 18 points each got me back in contention before Rodgers ran wild with 39 points :eek:

Cheetahs go 5-1

Week 6 inactive watch: Bray Broncos left Amendola starting despite being inactive and declared out a while ago. Longford Patriots again leaving inactives out there, Brees on a bye and Donald Brown who we all knew would be inactive. Again the Green Bay Slackers left the injured Jennings starting as well as Michael Bush and Laurent Robinson who are on byes. Your teams aren't bad guys, infact the Patriots have a damn good one, so please change them every week.

It's trading season for me now guys so have a look at my roster and you will notice a big lack of star power, but a fair few solid guys (it's a miracle I'm 3-3, if I was half decent I'd be 5-1 or 6-0 considering the opposition's performances). In particular I'm interested in unloading Steven Jackson/BJGE. I might be interested in Jackson for Romo again but only if someone else who wanted Romo (or Cutler for less of an upgrade) would want him for me along with BJGE for a better running back or something. I'm looking at you Zebras, Russell Wilson had a nice day, but that Patriots defense sucks. And you know he won't be putting up big numbers when he isn't playing catchup.

I finally decided to bench RGIII. Of course he goes out and has the best week of his season so far.

4 points last week. 35 this week. Thank **** I wasn't relying on him to win my match.

It's crazy. He scored more points than my opponents whole team managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Week 6 inactive watch: Bray Broncos left Amendola starting despite being inactive and declared out a while ago. Longford Patriots again leaving inactives out there, Brees on a bye and Donald Brown who we all knew would be inactive. Again the Green Bay Slackers left the injured Jennings starting as well as Michael Bush and Laurent Robinson who are on byes. Your teams aren't bad guys, infact the Patriots have a damn good one, so please change them every week.

Might be time for the commissioner to step in regarding these inactive teams. Otherwise it will begin to affect the balance of the league....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Might be time for the commissioner to step in regarding these inactive teams. Otherwise it will begin to affect the balance of the league....

Don't worry about the Broncos. Marques Colsten was on a bye and Vincent Brown is IA at the moment. I only have 5 WRs and 3 of them were unavailable this week.

• Advertisement

I put in three trade requests last week, no one confirmed or declined :mad:

I'm looking at you Zebras, Russell Wilson had a nice day, but that Patriots defense sucks. And you know he won't be putting up big numbers when he isn't playing catchup.

Zebras kicked ass last weekend.

I want to get rid of Wilson but I haven't liked what I was offered to date.

For this week Team Awesome have bye and injury issues this weekend so dare I dream of 2 wins in a row.

Zebras kicked ass last weekend.

I want to get rid of Wilson but I haven't liked what I was offered to date.

For this week Team Awesome have bye and injury issues this weekend so dare I dream of 2 wins in a row.

I take it you're not interested in upgrading at QB then? I don't really think Wilson is a star at all, this as someone who dropped him in another 16 team league. He is 24th in QB points after all, and some starters below him have already had byes.

Just PMed Longford Patriots about inactivity. Niall1811 has been active on boards so hopefully he comes back.

I take it you're not interested in upgrading at QB then? I don't really think Wilson is a star at all, this as someone who dropped him in another 16 team league. He is 24th in QB points after all, and some starters below him have already had byes.

I've been offered Shaub early enough and Romo recently.
    Wasn't confident that shaub would be much better than Wilson and he hadn't.

Turned down Romo because I don't want a cowboys qb and wr (I have Bryant) and it was the week before Romos bye.

Would trade Bryant for Romo now or Hernandez for a top half qb

I've been offered Shaub early enough and Romo recently.
    Wasn't confident that shaub would be much better than Wilson and he hadn't.

Turned down Romo because I don't want a cowboys qb and wr (I have Bryant) and it was the week before Romos bye.

Would trade Bryant for Romo now or Hernandez for a top half qb

Dez Bryant on the block? Why didn't you say so? I'd first have to check though that hazys is still up for the Romo trade.

Accepted a trade of Bryant for Romo. It Looks like it doesn't get clearance until Saturday so hopefully all goes well as Wilson is playing the 49ers in the Thursday night game.

Don't really want to get rid of Bryant but at least I will be getting some benefit from his performances with Romo as my QB.

Now I'll be looking to trade for a WR for one of my TE's, in the mean time I just have to hope Josh Gordon isn't a flash in the pan for the browns.

Is there anyone with one top 10 tier but no other good ones who'd like to trade him for Jackson and Law Firm?

The team I'm up against this week has two inactive players starting with two replacements on the bench.

It probably won't make much of a difference. Barring an injury to every one of my players, I should win this one.

Gore got me 18 points on Thursday. Being able to switch between him and Alfred Morris and then have Foster as my #1 RB is brilliant.

Still a little annoyed with my WR situation. My starting 3 are fine (Johnson, Smith and Marshall). It's my back up that I'm worried about. I have Leonard Hankerson and Donald Jones waiting to come on if anything happens to my starters. Really don't want to have to rely on them.

I also have to look into getting some defensive cover in week 9. That is where Jones is handy. I'll just get rid of him and put in some FA defence. That's about all he's useful for.

• Advertisement

Loss by half a point. Once again, if anyone at all in this league is awake, I'd really like to trade a running back or Jimmy Graham. Can't believe Jason Hanson got only one point. Stupid ESPN ranking him as the 2nd best kicker for the week.

Advertisement