Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

EveAlex wrote: »
    the veto shoves an opinion down someones neck. the original trade was made based on needs and wants and was FAIR to both parties, hence the reason we haggled and teased it out. then we BOTH ACCEPTED the trade. there is no need to veto in that case other than through jelousy. fact

The reason for the veto is to STOP the opinion of 2 being forced down the neck of 14 others. Remember, in order for the trade to be rejected NINE out of 14 needed to vote against it.

Therefore we know that 2 definitely favoured the trade, 9 were opposed enough to actually vote and 5 didn't express an opinion/didn't see the trade/didn't bother to vote/supported it.

Even assuming that all 5 were in favour (an optimistic assumption given how quickly the trade was vetoed), then 7 are in favour and 9 against. It is hardly forcing an opinion down someones neck if the will of the majority is respected.

You proposed a bad trade and it got rejected, there was no jealousy involved. I'd love to know what all us 'jealous' people were supposed to be jealous about? Is it because you would have a 'stacked' team? If so, that just proves the trade was one-sided, hence the veto.

A final point, using the word 'fact' after a statement does not make it so. As a general rule, I tend to find that people who use the term like that are not actually dealing in facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I see San Diego tribesmen won the ogletree sweeps. That should make up for losing gronk! A nice bit of business.

Happy I got dwyer as I was a bit light at rb after Fred Jackson injury. Hopefully Denis pitta can keep up his targets too. Didn't manage to get rid of lindell though so will have to wait for the fa pool later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Leonard Hankerson has scored more than all three of my other WRs and there's still 4 minutes left in the second quarter.

It was Alfred Morris last week and Hanky this week. The Redskins are wrecking my head. No doubt if I put either into my team next week they'll both get injured or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

My top 4 draft picks combined totalled 8 points and the Kansas Def provided -4 points.

Its looking like a long season for the Zebras. The Moyross Piebalds didn't have to do much to get the win and they still have Manning to play tonight.

Russell Wilson is now the least of my problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Cheethas finally hit some potential and hit 104 points, happy with that.

• Advertisement

Hernadez is out for a couple of weeks and I need help now anyone with some depth interested in picking him up. I'm actually not too bad at TE but all other areas need help.

Seems like the banter is draining from div 4.

anyway i'm dead last but when you start overlooking the Zebras that's when we're at our most dangerous.

loving the -7 projected score on my Chiefs Def

Managed to picked up brown of the waiver list and then left him and his 25 points on the bench.

I cant see my top 2 RBs combining for 20 points this is the kind of crap that has me winless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

My Pandas in bad shape after last night with Cam Newton playing badly and Jonathan Stewart out. I'm getting hurt on the double when Stewart is out, because the Panthers' run game is pretty bad without him. This is getting Newton into more third-and-long situations, he forces some throws and it leads to interceptions.

Week 1: Stewart out, disaster
    Week 2: Stewart back, great week
    Week 3: Stewart out again and Newton struggles.

My own fault, he was carrying an injury at draft time.

padraig_f wrote: »
    My own fault, he was carrying an injury at draft time.

With a 16 team league you have to take some chances

• Advertisement

slowharry wrote: »
    Managed to picked up brown of the waiver list and then left him and his 25 points on the bench.
    The beauty and annoyance of fantasy football in a single transaction. Have to be happy to have such a great rb3 going forward though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

poldebruin wrote: »
    The beauty and annoyance of fantasy football in a single transaction. Have to be happy to have such a great rb3 going forward though.

Have him in D7 but temper your expectations. At best it'll be a time-share with Bradshaw, who doesn't seem like he'll be out for very long, and they're going to have to see what they've got with Wilson at some point.

I cant see my top 2 RBs combining for 20 points this is the kind of crap that has me winless.

I must apologies to my RB's 2 great games from Charles and McFadden 34.8 and 17.5 points.
    An early Christmas present from Kyle Rudolph at TE with 15.8 points and the Zebras seem to have kicked into life.

Unfortunately my good week was badly timed as I still need at least 13.1 points tonight ( Russell Wilson and Randall Cobb) to catch the Bray Broncos and get my first W

I'm annoyed that I left Morris on the bench again. He outscored Gore this week.

Very glad that my opponent left Smith and Ponder on his bench, though.

Also very happy that RG3 delivered for the third week in a row. I was heading out the door last night and was very worried cause all he had done was through an interception and run a few yards. Also it's good to see Dalton posting some good numbers as well.

Unless Marshawn Lynch has a freak 6 TD game tonight I'm looking at going 3-0, and potentially being the only team that is unbeaten. I am waiting for the day when the wheels come off the bandwagon. Hopefully I get a few more weeks :P.

I'm annoyed that I left Morris on the bench again. He outscored Gore this week.

Very glad that my opponent left Smith and Ponder on his bench, though.

Also very happy that RG3 delivered for the third week in a row. I was heading out the door last night and was very worried cause all he had done was through an interception and run a few yards. Also it's good to see Dalton posting some good numbers as well.

Unless Marshawn Lynch has a freak 6 TD game tonight I'm looking at going 3-0, and potentially being the only team that is unbeaten. I am waiting for the day when the wheels come off the bandwagon. Hopefully I get a few more weeks :P.

That be me :cool:

For once I wish I hadn't been so up to date. Heard about Smiths brother yesterday morning and figured there was no chance of him playing. Put in Randy Moss in his place, Smith goes and plays and gets a 'mere' 22 points more than Moss!

Was thinking of starting Ponder but that would have meant benching Brady. I know he was playing the Ravens but Ponder had the 49ers and there was no way I could bench Brady.

Saying all that, I'd still need Lynch to go 'beast mode' to have any chance even if I'd played Smith. Getting my ass kicked well and truly anyway.

I must apologies to my RB's 2 great games from Charles and McFadden 34.8 and 17.5 points.
    An early Christmas present from Kyle Rudolph at TE with 15.8 points and the Zebras seem to have kicked into life.

Unfortunately my good week was badly timed as I still need at least 13.1 points tonight ( Russell Wilson and Randall Cobb) to catch the Bray Broncos and get my first W
    Don't worry, I think it's me that has mistimed my good week! Unbelievable stuff from the zebras last night, you had 3 of the perfect fantasy players in saw.

More bad luck has seen my handcuff for Fred Jackson go down after cj spiller was carted off in the first quarter. He was tearing it up too. My receivers shame me! Arizona appear to be for real.

I think i need Rodgers to get about 9 tonight to beat An undefeated player.

Big scalp taken by the Cheetahs :D

Benimar wrote: »
    That be me :cool:

For once I wish I hadn't been so up to date. Heard about Smiths brother yesterday morning and figured there was no chance of him playing. Put in Randy Moss in his place, Smith goes and plays and gets a 'mere' 22 points more than Moss!

Was thinking of starting Ponder but that would have meant benching Brady. I know he was playing the Ravens but Ponder had the 49ers and there was no way I could bench Brady.

Saying all that, I'd still need Lynch to go 'beast mode' to have any chance even if I'd played Smith. Getting my ass kicked well and truly anyway.

Yea it'd have been crazy benching Brady.

Basically you need 40 points from the Seahawks D and from Lynch. It's not completely out of the question. All you need is for Rodgers to have a really poor game and for the GB D to give away a lot of running yards :P.

poldebruin wrote: »
    Don't worry, I think it's me that has mistimed my good week!

Delighted to get my first and hopefully not last win of the year. I won by 3.8 points thanks to the last play of the game and the dodgy refs last night.

The Bray Broncos must be sick this morning

Got a win by the skin of my teeth last night, needed 9 from Rodgers and got 10. Too lcose for my liking.

• Advertisement

Got a win by the skin of my teeth last night, needed 9 from Rodgers and got 10. Too close for my liking.

Delighted to get my first and hopefully not last win of the year. I won by 3.8 points thanks to the last play of the game and the dodgy refs last night.

The Bray Broncos must be sick this morning

not as sick as the packers fans. that really was a shocking decision, but the seahawks look great on D,

now just need cj spiller injury news to be positive and that will make up for it.

Yea it'd have been crazy benching Brady.

Basically you need 40 points from the Seahawks D and from Lynch. It's not completely out of the question. All you need is for Rodgers to have a really poor game and for the GB D to give away a lot of running yards :P.

Really sick I benched Smith now, I would have won :(

If only I hadn't looked at the news on Sunday morning...oh, well.

Benimar wrote: »
    Really sick I benched Smith now, I would have won :(

If only I hadn't looked at the news on Sunday morning...oh, well.

Thankfully you did look at it. I'm now the only unbeaten team. I'm gonna revel in that accolade for the next week, which is probably all it'll last for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

1-2 now which sucks, hopefully Garcon can return and help, but Jay Cutler and Steven Jackson are the ones killing my team. Might start Schaub against the Titans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

jester1980 wrote: »
    Got a win by the skin of my teeth last night, needed 9 from Rodgers and got 10. Too close for my liking.

Ya b*stard, you robbed me!!!!

I've been offered Romo for Hernandez not to keen on having Romo and Bryant but will probably accept the trade unless I get a better offer

Is Hernandez not injured?

NFL.com projections...I know these are to be taken with a pinch of salt, but they have my 3 average WR corps going for 41 points this week. Really is ridiculous. I don't think they have 41 pioints between them on the season so far.

On another note, I can see that Blue Bloods team is full/complete at the moment, but the last activity is Sept 11. In preperation for the bye weeks that are upcoming, can we get confirmation that the owner is still active?

(Golf Bravos last activity is Sept 16th)

• Advertisement

Hernadez is out for a couple of weeks and I need help now anyone with some depth interested in picking him up. I'm actually not too bad at TE but all other areas need help.

He's definitely injured alright!

Considering Romo is on a bye on week 5, I would only have Romo available for this week against Chicago and I'd like to see what shape Hernandez is in heading into week 6

Advertisement