Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Epic win, by half a point! That game was do-or-die for me, going into it 2-4, at 2-5 I was finished. Needed a miracle going into MNF, 4-point lead, Robbie Gould & Brandon Pettigrew vs. Jay Cutler & Jason Hanson. Got a miracle, Bears near-shutout meant Hanson never took a kick until 30 seconds left. The Bears scored a touchdown on their first drive and ran the ball a lot after that, Cutler finishing with only 125 passing yards.

You got very unlucky matthew8, killer was the Lions fumble in the 3rd quarter....2nd-and-goal from the 1-yard line, Hanson looked certain to score either 1 or 3. They ran a dodgy play where they tried to jump over the pack and fumbled the ball.

I was leading by half-a-point with 5 mins to go, and the Lions had the ball. Up two scores, the Bears were running a prevent defense, and with the Lions in 4-down territory, a touchdown, with an extra point for Hanson looked likely, which would've put you ahead. Then Pettigrew, who hadn't been targeted much all game, got a 10-yard reception. It put me up the crucial 1.5 points. The Lions touchdown came eventually to cut it back to 0.5, but with 30 seconds left they needed to win an onside kick, which they failed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭slowharry

2 wins in a row for the Zebras.

Defeated Team Awesome in a close one. getting no points from my TE or RB2.
    Going for 3 in a row against Team Better Than Awesome which should be more difficult since they are better than awesome not just plain awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

slowharry wrote: »
    2 wins in a row for the Zebras.

Defeated Team Awesome in a close one. getting no points from my TE or RB2.
    Going for 3 in a row against Team Better Than Awesome which should be more difficult since they are better than awesome not just plain awesome.

Do you fancy either of my TE'S??? I have two but dont need both at all.

Ranked third and 5th on points at moment. Owen Daniels and Vernon Davis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I was due an unlucky loss. My team's point have been shocking so far, 3-4 is probably glorifying my total points. I knew in my heart that playing Hanson wasn't the smart thing. I remember going to bed on Pittsburgh-Cincy after BJGE got 44 yards on Cincy's first drive feeling like the win was secure, 24 more all game. The Bears defense is too good for Cutler to put up great totals, but at least he's found his form (and his legs)

Just proposed a trade to the Klique, me giving BJGE for his Andre Roberts. I have Steven Jackson and Mendenhall at RB while he was Wallace, Andre and Calvin Johnson.

You're lucky Zebras, Team Awesome left the Bears D on the bench.

jester1980 wrote: »
    Do you fancy either of my TE'S??? I have two but dont need both at all.

Ranked third and 5th on points at moment. Owen Daniels and Vernon Davis.

I've Rudolph 6th overall and Hernandez. I went with Rudolph as Hernandez isn't fully fit but he ended up with Zero catches against the Cardinals.

Looking to trade away a TE rather than add won to be honest.

Very lucky that the Bears D ended up on the bench. Even more lucky that gosh Gordon seems to only catches TD's

• Advertisement

Jeez hazys division 4 is a big step up isn't it? Fancy a trade? We may as well both roll the dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm a happy boy my opponent left Doug Martin on the bench..especially with Rice (whom he started) being on a bye :cool:

Titus Young- Stud. My second 20+ point performance on the year by any player. Should bring me to 4-4 despite my defense/kicker combining for 1 point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Frank Gore just has to run for 16 yards to win me my match tonight. I will cry if he only manages 15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

matthew8 wrote: »
    Jeez hazys division 4 is a big step up isn't it? Fancy a trade? We may as well both roll the dice.

I'm willing to listen to offers for any of my players...especially Antonio Gates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Hazys wrote: »
    I'm willing to listen to offers for any of my players...especially Antonio Gates

Whats the name of your team?

3 wins in a row for the Zebras and now stand at 4-4 but I dropped a spot in the rankings this week to 9th. Hoping to make it 4 in a row against the Green Bay Slackers (are the Slackers active by the way, they have been awarded the Hunger fool thing 2 weeks in a row).

slowharry wrote: »
    (are the Slackers active by the way, they have been awarded the Hunger fool thing 2 weeks in a row).

To be fair I don't think there was much he could do this week. He had 2 QBs on the bench, who scored hugely, a TE and a K.

He had one WR on the bench. Even if he put him in and changed around his starting team I don't think he was going to win.

Very strange to have 3 QBs and only one spare WR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Whats the name of your team?

Team Better Than Awesome*

*May not be better than Team Awesome

Good old Jay Cutler, throwing me TD passes even when the game is well out of reach for the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I think all that's left for Bray Broncos is to evaluate the players we have for next year and play spoiler to some playoff hopefuls. Terrible luck with my RBs this year, all 3 I drafted were/are injured, and I picked up Mike Goodson last week and he procedes to go down injured after Darren McFadden does. Who's next for the curse?

Poor old Golf Bravos, his 3 RBs scored 98 points between them and he still lost, thanks to playing a WR on a bye and having a K and DEF on bye too! Nice stable of RBs though!!

Good old Jay Cutler, throwing me TD passes even when the game is well out of reach for the opposition.

I have the opposite problem, Matt Ryan going huge in the first half and coasting/running the rest of the way - happened 4 times this year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Got a sweat on Monday Night Football. My Carolina Pandas need 9 points from Jeremy Maclin for the win. Wouldn't normally be that confident as he only has over 9 points twice this season, but against the Saints defense there's a decent chance.

Yeah, I have to hope Marques Colsten and Brent Celek combine for more than 21, while Lance more does nothing. Long shot, but still a horse in the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Ogletree on the bench because I was out thursday night and forgot to check on meachems status. Ending up losing by 10 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

The Ulster division is set up for a great finish. Three 6-3 teams and one 5-4. If I win next week, I'll be sitting in the No 2 seed spot, looking at a bye, if I lose I could be bottom of the division!!

Benimar wrote: »
    The Ulster division is set up for a great finish. Three 6-3 teams and one 5-4. If I win next week, I'll be sitting in the No 2 seed spot, looking at a bye, if I lose I could be bottom of the division!!

Yeah, I spotted that, some great scoring in the division.

The Leinster division is a bit AFC Westy!

Once again the team I played had its star play poorly. This time Drew Brees fell victim. Unbelievable that I'm 5-4, but my roster really isn't good enough going forward, unless Jay Cutler starts tearing it up.

poldebruin wrote: »
    Yeah, I spotted that, some great scoring in the division.

The Leinster division is a bit AFC Westy!

Lay of the Leinster Division the Connacht Division is the real AFC west

Colts defense emergency pickup, worked out beautifully. Always a good rule that if you don't have anyone else, pick a team playing the Jags/Chiefs/Cardinals.

Go Golden Tate! Him and the Colts providing great pickups.

I've broken the 1,000 points barrier tonight. It was either the Jets defence or Frank Gore that got me over the line.

Pretty nailed on to win my game as well.

Bring on the playoffs. Barring a disaster I'll get a bye. Hopefully I get the kinder side of the draw and I get a good run of games.

You're tearing through the ranks. If I get promoted this year it'll be a disgrace, but unless Cutler has one of his trademark disasters (and it would truly have to be on the level of the Lambeau game) I'm going 6-4 and this will be well earned win. Can't count my chickens yet though, this is the Texans defense after all.

You're tearing through the ranks. If I get promoted this year it'll be a disgrace, but unless Cutler has one of his trademark disasters (and it would truly have to be on the level of the Lambeau game) I'm going 6-4 and this will be well earned win. Can't count my chickens yet though, this is the Texans defense after all.

TBH on the basis of last year the whole league could get promoted if there are enough inactives in the higher leagues.

Bit annoying to go the whole season with 1/2 losses and then find someone who finished with 5/6 losses get promoted as well. Makes a mockery of it but that's the way it is.

• Advertisement

FFS Cutler. 1.3 points. I only needed 6. Another Cutler letdown in primetime.

Advertisement