Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup Final - Dublin 2013 [NO TICKET SALES HERE!!!]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

If they were allowed to register Delany there could have been a different outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Just back to London after going to the matches and watching the highlights on sky. I see a few posters commented on the lack of atmosphere yesterday.....Sky have definitely turned down the noise of the crowd for some reason....it gives absolutely no impression of what the noise was in the ground. You can't hear the brass band or anything. I thought it might be a bit quiet, being two French teams, but the atmosphere was great. Don't know why the tv muted the noise....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Aidric wrote: »
    Is Wilkinson a French speaker by now?
    When Wilkinson signed for Toulon he did the press conference in French!

Nathan Hines' French is really good, he did a post-match interview on the L'Equipe website. Then again he was at Perpignan before coming to Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

donfers wrote: »
    Both these sides have better players than leinster, if you think leinster are the best in europe at the moment then for me,you are living cloud cuckooland, beaten home and away in the group stages by the same team says it all

In the last few years you may have had a case but now the french clubs are powering ahead, indeed it is arguable if leinster are even the best time in Ireland now with Ulster having the upper hand on them in recent encounters, I suppose we'll learn more about that in the rabo final

Would go along with this 100%. I'd still say clermont are the top team in Europe at the moment but on the big day, as has happened to them before, they appear brittle. They completely threw this game away. Shame. I'd put Leinster in the top 3 in Europe at the moment though (Ulster may have something to say about that though next weekend)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭ironingbored

I think his mindset is summed up by 'haters gonna hate'. I'd say he gives zero ****s about what anyone thinks. At the end of the day he's got the HEC medal, we don't. The end justifies the means... :(

It's a shame what he's like because he is actually a really good player, discipline/cheap shots aside.

Brian Moore has three Gran Slams, two Lions tours (1 win), 46 England caps and an award-winning book.

Luckily, Delon will have plenty of time this summer to read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Brian Moore has three Gran Slams, two Lions tours (1 win), 46 England caps and an award-winning book.

Luckily, Delon will have plenty of time this summer to read it.

IRB World Player of the Year award too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

athtrasna wrote: »
    Just in from the game, great day out. Not the quality game it could have been, some sections were scrappy to say the least. Clermont should have and could have won but failed to finish vital plays and the non-drop goal debacle at the end was dreadful, ok one was charged down but there were at least 2 other opportunities before the final whistle and neither Parra nor James anywhere near the pocket.

James wasn't on the pitch so he can't be expected to be in the pocket! Skrela was lying at the bottom of a ruck. He didn't even want the ball for the blocked attempt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Surprised to see Steffon Armitage on the bench, but then I haven't watched Toulon in a while. Is this a form decision, or a tactical plan to negate the Clermont backline in the last 25 minutes by killing everything at the breakdown and giving a tiring Toulon defence an extra couple of seconds every time?

So it appears I was half right. Toulon killed everything at the breakdown right from the first whistle. If they signed Leigh Halfpenny, they could play openside flankers at 10, 12 and 13 and possibly do even better with the same gameplan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Rightwing wrote: »
    Will be some final. I fancy Toulon to sneak it.

And so they did.

My criticism of Clermont is justified now at the highest level, although I admit they are great in dismissing teams like the scarlets & chiefs.

Managing to score just 3 points in the last 60 odd minutes v Munster, and loads of possession yesterday and couldn't close it out speaks volumes. Laporte had his homework done. That said I felt the ref was poor for Clermont.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

So the Brian Moore/Armitage Twitter exchange has escalated. Armitage has to surely be taken to task for calling Moore a fat pr*ck on Twitter?

Utter cretin and an enjoyable retort from his better.

http://www.popnsport.com/actus/111359/rugby-delon-armitage-chambre-brock-james-puis-insulte-brian-moore-sur-twitter/

And so they did.

My criticism of Clermont is justified now at the highest level

Good for you. You may as well praise yourself if nobody else will!

Good for you. You may as well praise yourself if nobody else will!

Always good to be proven correct :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Predicting the winner of a game that was more or less a toss up. Well done sir

trouttrout wrote: »
    Predicting the winner of a game that was more or less a toss up. Well done sir

Thank you.

Except most on here could care less? Do you not think you're tooting your own horn here?

Except most on here could care less? Do you not think you're tooting your own horn here?

People shouldn't care about other's posts. Express opinions.

People shouldn't care about other's posts. Express opinions.

lol

Caring what about other people say: Isn't that Discussion Forum 1.01? :)
    Sure if you didn't care what we think, why waste your time in the first place? Genuinely!

Well you've me told anyway, thanks! :pac:

lol

Caring what about other people say: Isn't that Discussion Forum 1.01? :)
    Sure if you didn't care what we think, why waste your time in the first place? Genuinely!

Well you've me told anyway, thanks! :pac:

care as in getting upset, no need for that, essentially i'm saying to you it's ok that i called toulon the winners, you seem rather agitated over that, so i'm saying not to care too much.

• Advertisement

care as in getting upset, no need for that, essentially i'm saying to you it's ok that i called toulon the winners, you seem rather agitated over that, so i'm saying not to care too much.

You basically gave yourself a pat in the back for predicting the result in a 50/50 game. Fairly self satisfying

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Considering thomond is a Toulon fan I'm sure he's hardly getting agitated over it!

Considering thomond is a Toulon fan I'm sure he's hardly getting agitated over it!

Good, because it's not a case for that.

trouttrout wrote: »
    You basically gave yourself a pat in the back for predicting the result in a 50/50 game. Fairly self satisfying

i always give people a pat on the back when they get something right, anyone who went for Toulon at the start of the year, I take my hat off to them :)

i always give people a pat on the back when they get something right, anyone who went for Toulon at the start of the year, I take my hat off to them :)

"Well done you"

"Oh wait, well done me as well"

:pac:

Edit: By the way, according to this poll you backed Clermont to win: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056774759
    So I'm guessing you changed your mind mid-season then?

By the way, what a smart guy that thomond2006 is. Take your hat off to him rightwing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Oh Thomond you magnificent b*stard.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Did you give everyone who told you Clermont would beat Munster a pat on the back? :pac:

"Well done you"

Edit: By the way, according to this poll you backed Clermont to win: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056774759
    So I'm guessing you changed you mind mid-season then?

By the way, what a smart guy that thomond2006 is.

Christ, that's a top class burning!

"Well done you"

So I'm guessing you changed you mind mid-season then?

By the way, what a smart guy that thomond2006 is.

smart until I read about your C Cullen nugget.
    I felt Toulon would win after the semis. Clermont struggled badly against Munster, they were on the ropes, toulon easily dismissed Sarries.

• Advertisement

smart until I read about your C Cullen nugget.
    I felt Toulon would win after the semis. Clermont struggled badly against Munster, they were on the ropes, toulon easily dismissed Sarries.

Just a bit of fun mate, don't take it personally. I explained the Christian Cullen thing and jm08 accepted it graciously. I knew **** all about anything when I first posted it here, I'd like to think I've educated myself a litte bit. The 'smart' remark was down to me calling it right at the start of the season, nothing more.

No harm if you changed your mind. We all have when it comes to backing teams at the start of a season.

Still, I want my praise now!! You promised you'd give it, now I want it. ;)

Advertisement