Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Three to four days approx.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

zLmBv.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nearly had a comical accident with a Dublin bus this evening. Was on the bike waiting at the red light outside the Bleeding Horse, at the ASL. The bus tried to anticipate the coming green light, but was about 20 seconds too early, passing me on my right, turning left across exactly where I was sitting. Was knocking the bus all the way across me, had to cycle out of its way. Flashed his hazards and waved in apology in fairness. I think he'll wait for the green next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

thanks to the moron who spilt diesel all over my route into town this morning

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

ugh, two failed viewings of apartments yesterday. I hate flat-hunting. Any boardsies looking for a new flatmate? Must have workstand, Eurosport on d'telly, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

thanks to the moron who spilt diesel all over my route into town this morning

practice going sideways :D

Last exam today. Thanks be to god. On the bike this evening, its had a lonely time in the shed for the last two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

buffalo wrote: »
    ugh, two failed viewings of apartments yesterday. I hate flat-hunting. Any boardsies looking for a new flatmate? Must have workstand, Eurosport on d'telly, etc.

Failed? You mean you failed the 'Shallow Grave'-style flatmate interview?

oflahero wrote: »
    Failed? You mean you failed the 'Shallow Grave'-style flatmate interview?

One guy texted before the viewing to say he'd found a tenant, the other guy didn't show up. :( I neeeeeed a home. For me and my bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

buffalo wrote: »
    I neeeeeed a home. For me and my bike.

http://www.maybefriends.com/

First date: "You have a lovely smile. Can I move in?".

got an email yesterday titled

"An exciting LUMENS opportunity for you!"

wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭sled driver

Lumen wrote: »
    http://www.maybefriends.com/

First date: "You have a lovely smile. Can I move in?".

Swiftly followed by "I have this lovely, eh............. freestanding breakfast bar which would look great in the kitchen"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Box Hill road painted with support for Cav ahead of Olympic Road Race.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/532745/box-hill-defiled-by-graffiti-artist.html

11141%7C0000075cd%7C8e7e_box-hill-may-2012.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

BX 19 wrote: »
    practice going sideways :D

Last exam today. Thanks be to god. On the bike this evening, its had a lonely time in the shed for the last two weeks.

Lucky, I'm not free until the 21st. Following day, i'm packing my bag and i'm not coming home until my bike dies or I run out of dry land to cycle on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Lucky, I'm not free until the 21st. Following day, i'm packing my bag and i'm not coming home until my bike dies or I run out of dry land to cycle on. I run out of money and need mammy and daddy to feed me...

Fixed a typo there Dark... :D

Yes I think I'm hilarious.... just out of an exam so a bit giddy... had a bag of skittles after lunch too...

johnk123 wrote: »
    Yes I think I'm hilarious.... just out of an exam so a bit giddy... had a bag of skittles after lunch too...

I hear ya. I've an exam tomorrow and I think I've just about lost all will to study. Murder She Wrote ever looks appealing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I also have an exam tomorrow, studying in you 30s is not fun, actually it never was

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Dubba wrote: »
    I also have an exam tomorrow, studying in you 30s is not fun, actually it never was

One next Sat :( try studying in your 40's, suprisingly no easier either...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

RobFowl wrote: »
    One next Sat :( try studying in your 40's, suprisingly no easier either...

I dropped out of college in my 40's. Made me feel young again. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Not all bad tho - going out to the garden to try and study in the sun...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

why is everyone whispering

Hungrycol wrote: »

dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Thesis finishes in a few weeks, can't wait to remind my bike of who I am. My dad's in the same boat, so try writing a thesis on learning in later life when you're in your fifties!

So nobody else knows they're faffing about in work on a Friday afternoon

is anyone here not a student?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

is anyone here not a student?

I wish I was! (although studying never ends :(IT sucks, become a plumber, you ll get more money )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Dónal wrote: »
    I hear ya. I've an exam tomorrow and I think I've just about lost all will to study. Murder She Wrote ever looks appealing at the moment.

I'm currently sitting out back in the sun drinking a beer and eating piazza.

summer
    summer
    summer
    summer
    summer
    summer
    summer
    summer
    summer :D

Now to get my lazy ass a job :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale