Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Piece on the hated Halfords from the Torygraph finance pages http://tinyurl.com/7on27y6

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Elections in Greece as well. The results are embarrasing. 1 out of 2 people is still retarded :( I ll probably stay here for the next 4 years.. I am getting my Irish citizenship next year too!

With your pace around the orwell randonee, it is too embarassing for the Irish to let you stay so we will have to do something about that citzenship malarky :D
    Jawgap wrote: »
    Flying Scotsman on BBC2 @ 11-30pm tonight.

Never seen it before, very enjoyable, how true to life would the film be other than the results?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

CramCycle wrote: »
    With your pace around the orwell randonee, it is too embarassing for the Irish to let you stay so we will have to do something about that citzenship malarky :D

Ok I was slow but not that bad, 24,3kms/h. Worst part was after the stop, it totally killed me, I will never stop again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Ok I was slow but not that bad, 24,3kms/h. Worst part was after the stop, it totally killed me, I will never stop again :p

that was all the cake!!

I meant you were too quick, you would make the natives look bad :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I meant you were too quick, you would make the natives look bad :eek:

Haha that was definitely NOT the case. That bloody buffalo was flying all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Gadget Show. "Armed with two of the world's greatest racing bikes, Jason and Polly take to roads of the world's most famous GP circuit. But, will Polly's £22,000 monster stand up to Jason's competitive streak?"

Nobody notices that the £22,000 disc braked road bike has the front wheel on the wrong way. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Lumen wrote: »
    Gadget Show. "Armed with two of the world's greatest racing bikes, Jason and Polly take to roads of the world's most famous GP circuit. But, will Polly's £22,000 monster stand up to Jason's competitive streak?"

Nobody notices that the £22,000 disc braked road bike has the front wheel on the wrong way. :pac:

Ohhhh dear, ohh dear. Thats bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Would i also be right in thinking that she was riding a €22k TT bike and marked it down because she had difficulty cornering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Jasons helmet is ill fitting, they're both wearing running shoes and they create a big queue of traffic by illegally riding two abreast and this is what you notice :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Thinking of doing the Stubborn Mule Sportive just to see what happens when someone cuts up or beeps indignantly at few dozen Guards........:)

Thinking of doing the Stubborn Mule Sportive just to see what happens when someone cuts up or beeps indignantly at few dozen Guards........:)

Any idea what the route is like? Any hills?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Right who's on for a group buy... 57 bikes.:eek:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200754421914

Gallery of bikes on offer.

Dibs on the Lotus.:D

Any idea what the route is like? Any hills?

Website says Tara and back and there's a link to their 2011 run which seems to take in Tara. It Garda parlance it heads northwest in a northwesterly direction........

Not much in the way of hills in that part of the world.

Reckon it will be well marshaled and there'll be lots of hang sangiches, tins of club orange, packages of Tayto and Mars bars at the end.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Reckon it will be well marshaled and there'll be lots of hang sangiches, tins of club orange, packages of Tayto and Mars bars at the end.:)

surely doughnuts and coffee ?

Coffee? coffee? ye are getting above your station. Pot of tea if your lucky.

That's the NYPD Sportive you're thinking of!

BX 19 has it right.....
    BX 19 wrote: »
    Coffee? coffee? ye are getting above your station. Pot of tea if your lucky.

strong tae it will be too.......

......oh and expect lots of diversions to the nearest Spar / Centra for Twixes and the like.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Got these paper clips from a Japanese colleague today :)

204204.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Saw a man in his late 50's catch a 16yr old on a robbed bike, thought it was an accident at first but the guy crashed into him from the side to stop him! Another kid had gone by me a few mins before and broke the red lights, apparently he was on another stolen bike, I had noticed he was standing up mashing in a high gear. I went lookin for him in templebar but had no luck. He had a 2min headstart on me. At least 1 was caught

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

O my free Rose bikes catalogue arrived today. Its like a Argos catalogue just for bikes its huuge!:)

• Advertisement

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    O my free Rose bikes catalogue arrived today. Its like a Argos catalogue just for bikes its huuge!:)

Its great toilet reading

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Garmin 500's back in stock at handtec.co.uk

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Question on bike sizing - Is it normal for your knees to pass up and inside your elbows when in the drops? It does with me and I presumed the bike was too small but looking at the Giro it seams a lot of riders have the bikes set up that way :confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Dubba wrote: »
    Question on bike sizing - Is it normal for your knees to pass up and inside your elbows when in the drops? It does with me and I presumed the bike was too small but looking at the Giro it seams a lot of riders have the bikes set up that way :confused:

Yes, when i started out was seen as one of the ways you knew you'd got your positioning right...

(thats said t'was in the days when steel was king)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

RobFowl wrote: »
    Yes, when i started out was seen as one of the ways you knew you'd got your positioning right...

(thats said t'was in the days when steel was king)

Cheers...

But the odd time my knee will hit off my elbow, esp if I tuck down by bending at the elbows to get more aero.
    Maybe it just that the bars are too narrow, they are 42cm and my shoulders are 46cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Cheers...

But the odd time my knee will hit off my elbow, esp if I tuck down by bending at the elbows to get more aero.
    Maybe it just that the bars are too narrow, they are 42cm and my shoulders are 46cm.

Your knees don't know how wide your shoulders are.

Maybe you have fat knees. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

If your knees pass your ears, then you need a bigger bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Since I took up cycling, I'm fine tuning my six-pack !

154595_3135049211389_1119593554_32317124_1953294664_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »

I just ordered one as well. How long does it take to arrive?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement