Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

RobFowl wrote: »

This years Kare Tour de Foothills is on the 15th April.

The footage above is of last years event (I think).

PS there is an amazingly awesume looking cyclist at 3:36, can anyone give a few tips on how to look that good on a bike????

Thats you so at 3.36? A fair few boardies spotted in there. Only brief glimpses of myself - too skinny at the time but my apparently 'strong looking' legs were commented on more than once, weird!

Good day allround, only marred by a guy in the front group smacking a right-turning car. Will do it again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Anyone in KK or around interested in laps of the ring road later?

you know how to live down there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Good day allround, only marred by a guy in the front group smacking a right-turning car. Will do it again this year.

I would hope that you'd try to avoid doing it again this year. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

RobFowl wrote: »

This years Kare Tour de Foothills is on the 15th April.
    The footage above is of last years event (I think).
    PS there is an amazingly awesume looking cyclist at 3:36, can anyone give a few tips on how to look that good on a bike????

Actual furiousox at 00:32 in the old style boards jersey! :D
    Hope to give this one a go this year as well.

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

you know how to live down there ;)

At least it won't be raining ;)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

At least it won't be raining ;)

harrumph

i just realised you can stream any europort coverage on the player by pulling the slider back to that time, just watched last 10km tirreno adriatico and paris nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I would hope that you'd try to avoid doing it again this year. :rolleyes:

Wasn't me! The guy was 3 or 4 places ahead when he dithered about which way to go around the car.

Where you in that group. rich?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

417069_342054752498079_100000806706526_880487_1322620731_n.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Did I see TinyExplosions bike flying by at about 2:26?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

A good woman can make you feel sexy, strong and able to take on the world.... no wait, I'm thinking of beer.... beer does that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Managed somehow to lose a mounting bolt for front disc brake on the way in this morning. Wandered over to Penny Farthing on Camden St to see if they might have a replacement. I've never spent as much as a euro in there but the guy rooted out one from the workshop and wouldn't take any payment. Decent skin!

A good woman can make you feel sexy, strong and able to take on the world.... no wait, I'm thinking of beer.... beer does that.

aaah To beer! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

195809.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

XhDYV.png

(CRC via Reddit)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Is there some link between the last two posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

You can just feel the withering scorn from the Spanish bikers in the background.

16014992.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Piss take of Rapha :pac:

http://internationale.teamjva.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bah. Beautiful day for riding. Orwell decided to call off the planned spin up Sally Gap "cos the roads will be wet", so we went out towards Rathcoole instead. No-one in the group was biting with my suggestion that Sally gap was looking great, we should go up anyway. The sun disappeared as soon as we left Dublin. Then coming back into Dublin the first sight I see is Kippure, glistening in beautful sunshine and not a hint of fog. :-/

There'll be other days....hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

seamus wrote: »
    Bah. Beautiful day for riding. Orwell decided to call off the planned spin up Sally Gap "cos the roads will be wet", so we went out towards Rathcoole instead. No-one in the group was biting with my suggestion that Sally gap was looking great, we should go up anyway. The sun disappeared as soon as we left Dublin. Then coming back into Dublin the first sight I see is Kippure, glistening in beautful sunshine and not a hint of fog. :-/

Was dry as a bone and the sun was belting. Come with us the next time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭furiousox

PA-12383477.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

seamus wrote: »

yeah up their too, was warmest part of ride all day most enjoyable climb of the gap all year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I was up on the Gap at 9:30am this morning and the visibility was down to about 50 meters. Great banks of fog/mist up until the Gap crossroads, where, magically it cleared to brilliant sunshine. Down to Laragh and then back up .

From YLYL

WjXD7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Didn't want to start a new thread on this so thought I'd ask here. How difficult is it to swap a cassette from one wheel to another. New wheelset and want to get them onto the bike this week but never removed a rear cassette or installed one.

It's a 30-second job if you have the right tools. You'll need a chain whip and a cassette remover tool. And a pair of disposable gloves cos the cassette is filthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

neither of which i have. if you don't have the right tools?

Bike shop :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

iregk wrote: »
    if you don't have the right tools?

Then you can't do it!

Worth investing in them though. something you will use quite often and will save you money in the medium term.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement