Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I think the rugby crowd would be the least likely to go in for the old sectarianism, but you never know where you'll find the odd nutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ROK ON wrote: »
    Donegal, England jersey. Do you think your neighbours are tolerant folk?

a little from column a a little from column b :D

anyway its in the wash ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Weather for the weekend is supposed to be ****, I don't forsee myself in any fit state for a club spin on Sunday. Anyone planning a spin for Monday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

seamus wrote: »
    Weather for the weekend is supposed to be ****, I don't forsee myself in any fit state for a club spin on Sunday. Anyone planning a spin for Monday morning?

what makes you say that (seeen a lot worse forecasts) from met.ie
    St. Patrick's Day will start dry and sunny in many places after the clearance of any early fog. However, showers in the west and south will become more widespread

The weather will become mainly fair for Sunday, Mother's Day. There will be fewer showers generally, parts of the northwest will still see some scattered there through the day though. Otherwise there'll be a lot of dry weather and some spells of sunshine. Temperatures will reach 9 or 10 degrees with light northwest or westerly winds.

After that there'll be another spell of dry, settled weather and it will become milder by day again. Monday will be a mostly dry day with some bright or sunny spells

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

422630_365636723469686_190241427675884_1148909_687493406_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I think the rugby crowd would be the least likely to go in for the old sectarianism, but you never know where you'll find the odd nutter.
    hook2-460x299.jpg

I'll see how the racing goes this weekend but I might be on for a sociable recovery spin on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Maybe maybe. Any direction in mind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

cdaly_ wrote: »

Maybe maybe. Any direction in mind?

Forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,054 ✭✭✭buffalo

Bloody NTL. Rang them yesterday to get Eurosport, told me it'd take an hour. This morning I have RTE1 and Euronews, and NOTHING ELSE. No Milan-San Remo, no rugby, no Saturday morning cartoons. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

buffalo wrote: »
    This morning I have RTE1 and Euronews, and NOTHING ELSE. No Milan-San Remo, no rugby, no Saturday morning cartoons. :mad:
    Have you tried turning it off and on again? Pull the plug and leave it off for a minute, an actual minute.
    Worked for me last time the box went haywire :rolleyes:

Idleater wrote: »
    Have you tried turning it off and on again? Pull the plug and leave it off for a minute, an actual minute.
    Worked for me last time the box went haywire :rolleyes:

I work in IT, so naturally I giggled at that post. ;) Tried that last night, and once this morning for good measure. I'll be ringing them at 9am on the button before rolling out to Dunboyne.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,485 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No Milan-San Remo, no rugby, no Saturday morning cartoons. :mad:
    No overrunning tennis...

...no overrunning skiing...

...no overrunning tennis...

...no extra-time in the Under 8 Girls Fifa World Cup live from Uzbekistan...

...no overrunning snooker...

oh, and did I say no overrunning tennis

... you really don't apprecate how fortunate you are;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Having to do a bit of work today and just read this from a report I'm looking at:-

"Increased levels of lung function in adolescents and adults was found associated with vitamin C intake."

Who needs Spanish steak when a few guava or kiwis will do the business:)

Telly works! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Telly works! \o/
    Did the nice lady in Waterford get you to restart the box? Unplug it for 60 seconds?

Idleater wrote: »
    Did the nice lady in Waterford get you to restart the box? Unplug it for 60 seconds?

She did, but it made no difference. But they did something while I was out racing, was working when I got home. Have the rugby on now, maybe it would've been better to just be staring at a blank screen. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭furiousox

Quick question, will a 12-27 sprocket work ok with a 50/34 crank?
    (Using a short cage RD)
    Thanks! :)

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

furiousox wrote: »
    Quick question, will a 12-27 sprocket work ok with a 50/34 crank?
    (Using a short cage RD)
    Thanks! :)
    Quick answer.
    Yes.

34-27? What do you plan on climbing.

I'm changing the crank from standard to compact, was hoping I would get away without changing the cog too.
    Might need to lose a link or two from the chain?
    What am I climbing?
    Hey, there's a hill on my training ride that has a 14% gradient.

.....for about 20 metres!

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

yeah it's possible you may have to knock 2 or 3 links out but 34-27 is granny's granny gear.
    Maybe worth considering a 25? even a 14% you wont use the 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

img_1229.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

BX 19 wrote: »
    img_1229.jpg

Looks like that (^) could do with a good ride...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,485 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Victoria's prepared to ride fixed as well ...;)

img_1441.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

theres a bicycle lane on the Australian F1 track

theres a bicycle lane on the Australian F1 track
    It's a street circuit, and there are cycle lanes pretty much everywhere in Melbourne

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Does any one have any tips for writing a best man speech, I have until this Friday to write it!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Holyboy wrote: »
    Does any one have any tips for writing a best man speech, I have until this Friday to write it!!

Sit down and spend time doing it, run a few of the gags with a couple of friends to see if they're funny. Write the whole thing on small cards, this helped me. A few drinks help but don't get locked. Lastly, it's the best mans speech it's actually pretty impossible to screw up as your audience is already in a good mood. Make sure to comment on how lovely the bride and bridesmaids look.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Holyboy wrote: »

I wouldn't write it all down.
    If the bloke being done in is close to you and you know well think of a few events in his life that are humorous but reflect well on him and sketch a story around that.

Unless you are a confident (& funny) public speaker, keep it brief.

I am used to speaking in front ofarge crowds and small crowds, yet I found being a best man very stressful.
    There is a lot to remember. The time I was best man, it was after midnight before I got to sit down and have a drink.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement