Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Knew there was quite a difference, but :eek:

space-needed-to-transport-60-people.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hmmzis wrote: »
    ...so it shows the bus is best? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭buffalo

Hmmzis wrote: »

How come they can fit 60 people on one bus, but every car owner needs their own vehicle? Can't we have a picture of 15 cars? Or else 60 buses...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

3 more weeks off the bike. I can feel myself getting fatter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Redmond101

daragh_ wrote: »
    3 more weeks off the bike. I can feel myself getting fatter.

set yourself up on the turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

My 10 speed tourer project (Minus newer features) turned up in the Arnotts menswear feature...

9782772662_803e3a5ceb_b.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Redmond101 wrote: »
    set yourself up on the turbo

Did I mention my bike is as damaged as I am?

Suppose I could use my single speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

...so it shows the bus is best? :D

Well, public transport in general would be more efficient at transporting people from a to b. Also, the all bikes version is quite close to the bus version.
    IMHO, it just illustrates why car traffic should be removed or restricted heavily in city centres. The space people would have!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Ladies and gents here we have the ugliest stem ever produced. I checked the date and it's not first of April.

1157735_10151565306906148_1035828143_n.jpg

1233462_10151565306921148_2034611143_n.jpg

WTF were they thinking with this? And it's probably going to cost around 400euro.

Edit: Was wrong on the price, (M)SRP: € 590,-

(WTF²)³!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Ladies and gents here we have the ugliest stem ever produced. I checked the date and it's not first of April.

WTF were they thinking with this? And it's probably going to cost around 400euro.

Feck the cost. How much does it weigh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

75-80gr. But damn this thing is ugly as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Might go well with this.....

Silk_Emporer_Thumb_1.jpg

Anyone else here going to Roger Waters tomorrow night? Can't wait myself. I was at the DSOTM gig at The Point a few years ago and it was fantastic. I'm sure there are a few other Floyd heads around here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭hueylewis

Has anyone ordered from Tredz before? Wondering if they send dispatch emails or not, because it doesn't look like they have much in the ways of order tracking on their site, just an order history with a simple invoice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭furiousox

Anyone else here going to Roger Waters tomorrow night? Can't wait myself. I was at the DSOTM gig at The Point a few years ago and it was fantastic. I'm sure there are a few other Floyd heads around here. :)

Yeah, looking forward to it.
    Will be my 7th Roger Waters gig.
    Taking a half day from work and going for a looooonng "lunch" before heading to the gig.
    Watch out for the plane at the end of the first number!

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Yeah, looking forward to it.
    Will be my 7th Roger Waters gig.
    Taking a half day from work and going for a looooonng "lunch" before heading to the gig.
    Watch out for the plane at the end of the first number!
    Hoping to slip off around 1pm for 'lunch' myself if I can manage it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Me! Me!

*jumps up and down excitedly*

I'm not too familiar with public transport but it looks like the last bus is at 11.20pm. :( Probably cutting it fine if the gig ends around 10.30pm. I don't fancy spending €50 on a taxi.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Well, I have a new houseshare sorted in my new home of Belfast, and turns out I'll be living with a genuine pro-team rider. I could tell him I'm into cycling too, and be invited along to winter wonderland of pain trying to ride with him, or say I'm just into commuting and ride alone.

Meditation on Rule 5 will be vital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I'm not too familiar with public transport but it looks like the last bus is at 11.20pm. :( Probably cutting it fine if the gig ends around 10.30pm. I don't fancy spending €50 on a taxi.

Night bus only runs on the weekend so if you miss last bus you'll be faced with a taxi I'm afraid.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Night bus only runs on the weekend so if you miss last bus you'll be faced with a taxi I'm afraid.
    I'd take the bike if I was let! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I do a good burger night, this evening I decided instead of the usual Galtee smoked rashers I'd ask the butcher for his, well, the difference was unbelievable, totally awesome.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

I do a good burger night, this evening I decided instead of the usual Galtee smoked rashers I'd ask the butcher for his, well, the difference was unbelievable, totally awesome.

ihad some molloys the other night, from tipperary very nice

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

An Irishman moves into a tiny hamlet in County Kerry, walks into the pub and promptly orders three beers.

The bartender raises his eyebrows, but serves the man three beers, which he drinks quietly at a table, alone.

An hour later, the man has finished the three beers and orders three more. This happens yet again.

The next evening the man again orders and drinks three beers at a time, several times.

Soon the entire town is whispering about the Man Who Orders Three Beers.

Finally, a week later, the bartender broaches the subject on behalf of the town. "I don't mean to pry, but folks around here are wondering why you always order three beers?"

"Tis odd, isn't it?" the man replies. "You see, I have two brothers, and one went to America, and the other to Australia. We promised each other that we would always order an extra two beers whenever we drank as a way of keeping up the family bond."

The bartender and the whole town were pleased with this answer, and soon the Man Who Orders Three Beers became a local celebrity and source of pride to the hamlet, even to the extent that out-of-towners would come to watch him drink.

Then, one day, the man comes in and orders only two beers.

The bartender pours them with a heavy heart. This continues for the rest of the evening. He orders only two beers. The word flies around town. Prayers are offered for the soul of one of the brothers.

The next day, the bartender says to the man, "Folks around here, me first of all, want to offer condolences to you
    for the death of your brother. You know-the two beers and all.

The man ponders this for a moment, then replies, "You'll be happy to hear that my two brothers are alive and well. It's just that I, meself, have decided to give up drinking for Lent.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Dart Lansdowne Road to Pearse - 4 min
    Dart Lansdowne Road to Connolly - 9 min

22:14 - 22:18
    22:29 - 22:33
    22:44 - 22:48
    22:59 - 23:03

That should do ya...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

... and I thought that you were from farming stock. Galtee me hoop. Real rashers - nothing like em.
    Place down our way rearing own pigs for slaughter - only gorgeous.
    We are spoilt for choice for bacon products in this country. Lots of great local butchers rashers are not too much more expensive than mass produced muck (that is often not even from this country).

Much more important than shop local is to eat local.

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Dart Lansdowne Road to Pearse - 4 min
    Dart Lansdowne Road to Connolly - 9 min

22:14 - 22:18
    22:29 - 22:33
    22:44 - 22:48
    22:59 - 23:03

That should do ya...

Even better, the luas goes from landsdowne to connolly until half 12, you'd be better off hopping on that then getting the dart, and then getting the 11.20 bus home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Even better, the luas goes from landsdowne to connolly until half 12, you'd be better off hopping on that then getting the dart, and then getting the 11.20 bus home.

Theres a mistake there, do not look for the LUAS from Lansdowne, DART would be closer :pac:

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    Theres a mistake there, do not look for the LUAS from Lansdowne, DART would be closer :pac:

Actually yeah scratch that, could've sworn the luas went close to the stadium, apparently not :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement