Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Actually yeah scratch that, could've sworn the luas went close to the stadium, apparently not :rolleyes:

If you'd been focused on your posting rather than playing GTA5 it never would have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

CramCycle wrote: »
    If you'd been focused on your posting rather than playing GTA5 it never would have happened.

NEVER.

I still have to pay the rest of that jersey order off, should really get around to that.....

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,931 ✭✭✭furiousox

272351.jpg

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Anyone else here going to Roger Waters tomorrow night?

Yep! Bringing my 15 year old son too - it's part of his 'education' don't you know..........

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

Anyone else here going to Roger Waters tomorrow night? Can't wait myself. I was at the DSOTM gig at The Point a few years ago and it was fantastic. I'm sure there are a few other Floyd heads around here. :)

I am going and can't wait. Hopefully the weather will be kind to us. I was at earls court for the division bell tour , amazing stuff. This looks like it could top it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Don't suppose anyone here owns a silver Audi Q8? Was slowing down for the lights on the Ashbourne Rd and just as I was unclipping someone beeped at me, going the opposite direction, and when I looked over he started sticking his fingers up at me. WTF?

Don't suppose anyone here owns a silver Audi Q8? Was slowing down for the lights on the Ashbourne Rd and just as I was unclipping someone beeped at me, going the opposite direction, and when I looked over he started sticking his fingers up at me. WTF?

Guy paid 10s of 1000s to look cool, you achieved it for a fraction of the cost. Jealousy can be a dangerous thing.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Guy paid 10s of 1000s to look cool, you achieved it for a fraction of the cost. Jealousy can be a dangerous thing.

I realise I'm naive, but I really think people would get off on that. I really hope it was someone I know TBH, bit disheartening, but it was a good spin so it hasn't really tarnished it.

Then again, I was in Sundrive gear. Maybe it's a rivalry thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,037 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

...just as I was unclipping someone beeped at me, going the opposite direction, and when I looked over he started sticking his fingers up at me. WTF?
    Then again, I was in Sundrive gear. Maybe it's a rivalry thing.

He was probably mocking that fact that a trackie couldn't track stand. :pac:

Lumen wrote: »
    He was probably mocking that fact that a trackie couldn't track stand. :pac:

GOD, leave me alone, I'll sort it out this winter. Sheesh, what are you, my Dad!

• Advertisement

GOD, leave me alone, I'll sort it out this winter. Sheesh, what are you, my Dad!

It's possible. PM me a picture of your ma. :pac:

It's possible. PM me a picture of your ma. :pac:

Can't find one right now, I'll send you one of me, that should make it clear enough. If you were living free and easy during the summer of 1976 you could have the answer I've waited 36 years for.

Can't find one right now, I'll send you one of me, that should make it clear enough. If you were living free and easy during the summer of 1976 you could have the answer I've waited 36 years for.
    Ah, that would have made me the most reproductively advanced 2 year old on my street. Hot summer though, I spent most of it naked.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

I know it's a very newbie question, but if you want to buy spare tubes for a road bike, how do you know if you need the 40, 42mm or the 51mm presta valve, or does it make that big of a difference?

Ah, that would have made me the most reproductively advanced 2 year old on my street. Hot summer though, I spent most of it naked.

The photo I sent you has kept with that theme.

I know it's a very newbie question, but if you want to buy spare tubes for a road bike, how do you know if you need the 40, 42mm or the 51mm presta valve, or does it make that big of a difference?

It depends on the wheel. Too short and you can't access the valve (deeper dish wheels), too long and it looks crazy. Can you measure the ones you have?

What racing in A4 feels like:

tumblr_mmvawgdM0h1rnd0pno1_500.gif

What racing on the track feels like:

tumblr_msrj1x53n21rolwo1o1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

It depends on the wheel. Too short and you can't access the valve (deeper dish wheels), too long and it looks crazy. Can you measure the ones you have?

Probably an even more daft question, but what bit do I measure - just the presta valve that is sticking out, or do you mean that I should measure the tube itself?

Probably an even more daft question, but what bit do I measure - just the presta valve that is sticking out, or do you mean that I should measure the tube itself?

Just the valve, the tube will probably have it's own size written on it.

http://www.innertubeshop.com/pages/which-valve-type-size-do-i-need

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

What racing in A4 feels like:

tumblr_mmvawgdM0h1rnd0pno1_500.gif

Too soon man, too soon.

• Advertisement

Got my refurbished EDGE 500 in the post today after I cracked the screen awhile ago. Fair enough my fault. I have now realised based on my newly received one that I should have returned it before I thought it was broke. The buttons were always slow to respond, I just thought it was the covering but now I have a perfectly working one and had to pay to replace the one that I did not know was broken until I broke it some more. Screen also looks clearer on the refurbished one, the old one was slightly unclear but I had put it down to the LCD screen not being overly fancy.

On the plus side the new one is black and red, which matches my black and red bike, which matches my red gear cabling which matches the red trim on my black bib shorts.

The effect is somewhat ruined by the fact that the only thing my orange shoes match is the orange in my boards jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

got a puncture on the way into work this morning.
    Was 1.5km away from work.
    Never changed a tube or worked on a bike before.

walked to work, brought the bike into my work space, fired up the projector, watched a youtube video on how to do it and changed the tube with no problems.

It did take me the guts of 30 minutes (it was the back tire).
    Hopefully I will get quicker at doing it from this point on.

Found a nice shard of metal in the tire.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I can see how it's easy to mistake a ream of paper for an ipad.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Rua_ri wrote: »
    I am going and can't wait. Hopefully the weather will be kind to us. I was at earls court for the division bell tour , amazing stuff. This looks like it could top it.

Woo Hoo! That was brill!

Hope Wishbone made it to his last bus. 1000 people crammed onto one dart wasn't pretty...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Woo Hoo! That was brill!

Hope Wishbone made it to his last bus. 1000 people crammed onto one dart wasn't pretty...
    Fantastic wasn't it. He certainly knows how to put on a show. And there no sign of him becoming less political as he ages although I did think dedicating the show to de Menezes was a bit OTT. Managed to get the last train from Pearse to Rush/Lusk and walked the remainder of the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Nothing like walking home in the countryside when you can't hear a thing from the ringing in your ears...

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

Fantastic wasn't it. He certainly knows how to put on a show. And there no sign of him becoming less political as he ages although I did think dedicating the show to de Menezes was a bit OTT. Managed to get the last train from Pearse to Rush/Lusk and walked the remainder of the way home.

It was truly spectactular !
    I had high expectations and it surpassed them all.
    I was worried that the sound being outdoor might be off, but even that was amazing. Having an Intermission was something i didnt expect or need. Crowd definitely spanned the age groups, i saw an elderly guy near me with a walking stick and a group of teanagers in front of me.
    Some smell of weed throughout the whole gig, one dreadlocked guy even asked me if i had any acid. funny on all levels.

I was on the pitch and walked back into the quays afterwards in about 40 mins, which was nice to stretch the legs after standing.
    Noticed 20 or so bikes/beaters locked to trees as i was leaving the stadium. Nice that people could cycle to the gig and the bike be still there when they got out.
    Did any of you cycle to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,968 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I couldn't get over how small the Aviva Stadium is. I've never been there before nor to the old stadium either (not being a fan of association or egg football). Croke Park is huge in comparison.
    Did anyone else find the excessive traffic to and from the bars annoying? I can't understand paying €90 for a ticket to a visual show and then spend half of the time ferrying beer around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Woo Hoo! That was brill!

I have run out of adjectives to describe how awesome it was. There were 3 of us from my office there last night and we have all been boring the pants off everyone else about it all morning!

The production was mind-blowing, the music fantastic and the sound was the closest thing you'll get to hi-fi outside of a recording studio.

Didn't mind the intermission as I was absolutely dying for a whizz but didn't want to miss a second of the show!
    I couldn't get over how small the Aviva Stadium is. I've never been there before nor to the old stadium either (not being a fan of association or egg football). Croke Park is huge in comparison.

The Aviva is smaller than Croker but looked even smaller last night due to the stage position and the fact that the 'wall' spanned the full width of the stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭buffalo

6W0ZW0L.png

Has he got his helmet on backwards, or just really bad straps?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement