Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If anyone saw a boardsie violently gyrating on Parnell Street this evening, it was myself.

I turned the corner from O'Connell Street to discover fresh horse dung (Garda mounted unit?) smeared on the road. I was beyond the point of no return and just about managed to hold it together! :D

The gardai have bags strapped on to catch the dung don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

CramCycle wrote: »
    I'm not sure it was a Garda horse but the horse and carriage tourist traps don't usually venture northside.

Of course, it could have been a Moore Street dray.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

CramCycle wrote: »

Nope, certainly the ones I've seen haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Any idea what the power requirements were to get liftoff and maintain flight?

Don't know about the flight, but he did 773w for a minute in testing :eek:

Es0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Njtel-Es0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Surely a bike shop in an industrial park should have a bike stand outside it? I know they mostly cater to racing type people but I just cycled to one and had to lock my bike to a electricity box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Surely a bike shop in an industrial park should have a bike stand outside it? I know they mostly cater to racing type people but I just cycled to one and had to lock my bike to a electricity box.

Shocking..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

If anyone saw a boardsie violently gyrating on Parnell Street this evening, it was myself.

I turned the corner from O'Connell Street to discover fresh horse dung (Garda mounted unit?) smeared on the road. I was beyond the point of no return and just about managed to hold it together! :D

speaking of nearly coming down theirs like loose peblles on canal turning left coming from rathmines nearly done me twice now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

out for a spin earlier, came out of a corner, little sprint, PING. broken spoke. Boo. I had to be rescued. LOL

Zyzz wrote: »
    Shocking..

:pac:

I was going to put that at the end of my post but I decided someone else would get a burst of energy from saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Listening to The Killers concert in Phoenix Park right now from my kitchen in Rathfarnham. That human/dancers something song is on right now. The lad has also a very good live voice I have to say.

Some gas equipment they must have. Any buildings left standing in the city or near the park? :D Wonder what's on next.

• Advertisement

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Listening to The Killers concert in Phoenix Park right now from my kitchen in Rathfarnham. That human/dancers something song is on right now. The lad has also a very good live voice I have to say.

Some gas equipment they must have. Any buildings left standing in the city or near the park? :D Wonder what's on next.

Mumford & Sons and Ben Howard are playing tomorrow..didnt get a ticket but Ill most definitely be camped out in the park listening in :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

I passed through on the bike earlier, no idea what was going on.

Am so outta touch, thought Mumford and Son was a butcher :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I rode through Phoenix Park yesterday and presumably because of the recent gigs there there are various railings, portaloos, and associated signs knocking around. One sign read "Please use the toilets ahead", which seemed a bit insistent and instantly brought back childhood memories of trips in my parents' car. I expected the next sign to read "Why didn't you go before we left home?!" and another to read "Right. Okay. We're stopping. Every time. EVERY BLOODY TIME!". But no, no such signs, just me and my suddenly twitchy bladder, and an inexplicable feeling of impending car sickness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell test positive http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/23307913

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

That is shocking. Those are two of the real doyens of sprinting.

Powell is a non-contender really these days but Gay was Bolt's only real competition with Blake injured.

Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell test positive http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/23307913

Oh the smile on Usain Bolt's face right now..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

quozl wrote: »
    That is shocking.
    Seriously? Or are you missing a sarcasm smilie?

http://app.strava.com/activities/67057155

Ten Dam gets a KOM on Mount Ventoux and over 1600 Kudos for today's stage! (or that should be yesterday's)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Zyzz wrote: »
    Oh the smile on Usain Bolt's face right now..

Or it could be quite the opposite...we may never know...

Passed by a Orwellian today while down in Wicklow (I think), I had two dodgy tyres and a dodgy rear derailleur..decided not to tail him :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I started a thread in the feedback forum about doping speculation. You can find it here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just got the long awaited email to say I've been made redundant. Looks like my mileage will be going up.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Just got the long awaited email to say I've been made redundant. Looks like my mileage will be going up.

:( Sorry to hear it dude. Hope you find something else in the very near future.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

AstraMonti wrote: »
    :( Sorry to hear it dude. Hope you find something else in the very near future.

Not before Sunday though, I'm looking forward to watching the business end of the TdF, I was supposed to be off last week and this. I also had holidays in May that were cancelled so I'm looking forward to a couple of weeks off. I only barely missed a couple of weeks extra redundancy by a couple of weeks.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Shit buzz, hope you get something else soon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Put up a wanted ad in the classifieds section looking for a second hand Boards jersey.

Somehow managed to end up creating a new order. Sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

http://app.strava.com/activities/67057155

Ten Dam gets a KOM on Mount Ventoux and over 1600 Kudos for today's stage! (or that should be yesterday's)

And he's using a Forerunner 210, how odd

hardCopy wrote: »
    Yes, I thought that myself.

My front brakes are squeeling and I'm not carrying a pig under there. It happens when I brake moderately to heavily. What's that likely to be caused by and is the fix a simple enough adjustment?

Cork Cycling Festival is holding a basic bike workshop thing in a few weeks so I hope to pick up a bit of info there to be able to figure this stuff out myself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

hardCopy wrote: »

Belkin are sponsored by Pioneer. I don't think their head unit is compatible with Strava, hence the Garmin watch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement