Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Zyzz wrote: »
    Great cheers fellas :)

Buy 2. So you have a spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

26 degrees here in Galway..feels warmer though. I'm the last one to complain about heat but tonight's club spin will be ehh..interesting. I feel for anyone doing club league races tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

doozerie wrote: »
    It is a UCI event so the many UCI requirements, some of which defy belief, must be met. Pat will have his way!

yes uci puts rules on the riders etc, but in terms of route giro follows guidlines but final decision is with them how to apply them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

manafana wrote:
    yes uci puts rules on the riders etc, but in terms of route giro follows guidlines but final decision is with them how to apply them

Ah yeah, my tongue was firmly in my cheek for my first post. But then again, this is the UCI, rule out nothing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Just met 3 guys checking the road outside my office for the Giro next year.

Had a quick chat. Finish in Merrion Square.

But more importantly IT'S COMING PAST MY OFFICE!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

daragh_ wrote: »
    IT'S COMING PAST MY OFFICE!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Book the meeting room with the best view.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭buffalo

Thought those pesky Juniors wouldn't bother me again once I got out of A3. How wrong I was proved tonight! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

NSFW: If your in work don't scroll down any further
    Think Ill sit down and enjoy the highlights..

iBJvBVn.jpg

tumblr_mk9efgRrX11r0ftodo1_250.gif

(if the pic is against the rules Ill delete it, just thought he was making an ass of himself..)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sky news blaming Wiggins for "packs" of "bicyclists" wearing "lycra" speeding in "saddle wars".

Bravo on the journalistic integrity :pac: (fair enough they took it from a paper but they just ran with it for 5 minutes there).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Idleater wrote: »
    Book the meeting room with the best view.

410 AGM anybody? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭buffalo

CramCycle wrote: »
    Sky news blaming Wiggins for "packs" of "bicyclists" wearing "lycra" speeding in "saddle wars".

Bravo on the journalistic integrity :pac: (fair enough they took it from a paper but they just ran with it for 5 minutes there).

Sky News blame Sky rider for something? Sure just send the complaint to head office!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

buffalo wrote: »
    Sky News blame Sky rider for something? Sure just send the complaint to head office!

Well technically guest speakers looking at a paper say wiggins is a god but he inspires awful behaviour by promoting lycra and going fast in large groups called pelotons on quiet roads.

Zyzz wrote: »
    NSFW: If your in work don't scroll down any further
    Think Ill sit down and enjoy the highlights..

(if the pic is against the rules Ill delete it, just thought he was making an ass of himself..)

Riders should be allowed carry tazers.

There's a time an a place for mooning and that's on the back of school tour buses or 4am in Temple bar. Not at some guy busting his gut up a mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Has anyone else noticed the odd spectator making what looks like the shaking-a-fist-up-and-down symbol for 'wanker' at the cyclists as they struggle uphill?

Is this some other symbol that I don't know or does the odd goon really do a 'wanker' gesture in the face of some guy dying his way up a mountain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

CramCycle wrote: »

That's class, their marketing department must proud of the news department now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

quozl wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the odd spectator making what looks like the shaking-a-fist-up-and-down symbol for 'wanker' at the cyclists as they struggle uphill?

Is this some other symbol that I don't know or does the odd goon really do a 'wanker' gesture in the face of some guy dying his way up a mountain?

think their just fist pumping rather than wanker gesture to urge them on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Missed the club league race last night as I was caught in work. When I got out the evening was too fine to wast so I headed out in a relaxing cycle. Exiting the Phoenix Park at the Mt Sackville exit there was a rather tanned very rotund looking gent doing Stretching exercises on the grass by the park exit.

Nothing unusual about that, except that from the distance he appeared naked.

As I passed him I realised he was wearing a pair of shiny gold speedos.

I nearly passed out from laughter. Sort of like the get up that Ray Winstone wore in the film sexy beast.

Amazing what you see. Absolute legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Maybe it was for a localised version of the following ad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Why do you never see any "Spring-Break!" style 19 year old female antics for the eurosport cameras? I could nearly watch Chris Vroom and Porte's maddening smirk if there was the occasional tank-top lifting.

fat bloke wrote: »
    Why do you never see any "Spring-Break!" style 19 year old female antics for the eurosport cameras?

The riders would have to carry Mardi-Gras beads up with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Riders should be allowed carry tazers.

There's a time an a place for mooning and that's on the back of school tour buses or 4am in Temple bar. Not at some guy busting his gut up a mountain.

I think the peleton should have accepted his offer of an impromptu bike stand and parked up by rolling their front wheels forcefully into the proffered slot. I can't imagine him, or many other, "fans" making that offer again in the future if it was met with such enthusiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

That magical moment when your lbs rings you and says those special three little words. " your frame arrived"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭fat bloke

lennymc wrote: »
    That magical moment when your lbs rings you and says those special three little words. " your frame arrived"

To which Lenny replies:

"Which one?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

such a lovely day..outrageous farmers tan on the cards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

A week without my bike, and this beautiful weather. I'm dying here, this is just sheer cruelty.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

lennymc wrote: »

CycleBike?

Planet X wrote: »
    CycleBike?

yup. surly cross check in hospital green. Ordered a week ago, as cheap as I could find it online.

Jasus.....another Surly in the house. Getting common now :)
    Well done.

• Advertisement

Planet X wrote: »
    Jasus.....another Surly in the house. Getting common now :)
    Well done.

they sure are. I'm building this one into a single speed cx race bike for the craic. I say craic, I mean extra suffering. First impressions - impressed by the finish on it, looks tough. It doesnt actually seem that heavy (I got the 50 or 52 (cant remember)). 2200g or so for the frame and 900g for the fork or so. Fork is a bit heavy, but i can replace that with a lighter carbon yoke down the road if needed. Just had a quick look at it in the box at lunch, will collect it next week and build it up over a few weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement