Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭buffalo

F'kin "Hey, how much does a bike like that cost?" questions all the time.

I have this conversation with the postman every time I meet him when heading out for a spin (obviously in a friendlier tone than the OP). I'm tempted to swap him for his cargo bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

buffalo wrote: »
    I have this conversation with the postman every time I meet him when heading out for a spin (obviously in a friendlier tone than the OP). I'm tempted to swap him for his cargo bike.

The yellow ones with the stand are pretty awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Built for comfort, not speed. I'd love to try get a postie bike up the sally gap though. Be gas craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Imagine doing The Ras on a postman's bike..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I'm sure it could be arranged :D

I'd imagine they descend at a rapid pace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I may one day try to get the Bullitt up Stocking Lane, but it might be awhile.

Just came accross this, so badass! Some of the decents aswel :eek:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

(obviously in a friendlier tone than the OP)
    What have I done to upset you?:confused:

:)

Bike is in for a service..nothing to do but scribble on a pad :o

0X3O5j8.jpg?1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Zyzz wrote: »
    Bike is in for a service..nothing to do but scribble on a pad :o

Walter White

Deadly work Zyzz. Talented lad.

• Advertisement

Deadly work Zyzz. Talented lad.

Thanks mate :)

Beasty wrote: »
    What have I done to upset you?:confused:

:)

Not the OOP... maybe just the P? :)

Zyzz, nice work!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

For anyone that drives on a motorway, this song (click "Listen now", it starts at 8m46s in) might resonate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I'm experiencing a strange and unfamiliar phenomena today.

I don't feel like cycling..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 swansea

Is it bad form to call into a bike shop to get my bike pumped? Was going to call into ThinkBike as I'm just waiting for delivery of my own!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

swansea wrote: »
    Is it bad form to call into a bike shop to get my bike pumped? Was going to call into ThinkBike as I'm just waiting for delivery of my own!

No I would not think so tbh! When I was completing my 5-lakes personal cycling challenge & was cycling around Lough Ree their was a 'knocking' sound coming from my racer so I popped into a random bike shop in the nearest village I was cycling through and not a bother. They didn't mind assisting; done some tweeking and said no charge but I left them monies anyways as a Thank You gesture from the happy kerrywoman :)

They didn't mind at all so I wouldn't imagine anyone to mind actually assisting anyone if they came in and asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

No it's allright, cyclological has closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

AstraMonti wrote: »
    No it's allright, cyclological has closed down.

in case anyone was wondering

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59615990

I popped into the bike shop in Howth a few months back when I ruptured a tyre. I asked if I could use the pump, no bother, one of the lads took a look and noticed that the rip had happened at the valve. I had no money and a sh*t pump on me at the time but had a spare tube so he fixed it up and sent me on my way free of charge.

Being the kind soul that I am I called back that week and gave him a 5er for helping me out, would have been stranded for quite a while if he had told me to f*ck off! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I popped into the bike shop in Howth a few months back when I ruptured a tyre. I asked if I could use the pump, no bother, one of the lads took a look and noticed that the rip had happened at the valve. I had no money and a sh*t pump on me at the time but had a spare tube so he fixed it up and sent me on my way free of charge.

Being the kind soul that I am I called back that week and gave him a 5er for helping me out, would have been stranded for quite a while if he had told me to f*ck off! :)

Bike Hub? Always deserve a mention, the way a bike shop should be run. Nice folk and plenty of Italian brands.

Worth fast forwarding to 5:50, but the whole thing is good. The moany, ranting, baseless brigade out in full force:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Nice one. Bit of an "Ali G" about the reporter. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,981 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I had no money ..... .....would have been stranded for quite a while
    You should always carry an emergency €20 and credit/laser card. Store with phone in a zip-lock bag.

Planet X wrote: »
    Nice one. Bit of an "Ali G" about the reporter. :P

You should see this: 260 lb (nearly 120Kg) weight limit of the New York bikes has users "up in arms".

257922.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Thinking of selling my Charge Plug frame and fork and buying a Dolan Precursa, I want to give Sundrive a crack. Undecided on whether I should just sell the entire thing including cranks and wheelset and just start from scratch.

Is there nobody safe? Is nothing sacred?!
    Developers react to iOS 7 and being “Sherlocked” at WWDC 2013

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/06/developers-react-to-ios-7-and-being-sherlocked-at-wwdc-2013/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Is there nobody safe? Is nothing sacred?!
    LOL I never heard the phrase used like that before, I was used to the irish term.

Is it Apple using their Store agreement to steal code? i.e. their user agreement allows them to take ideas or is it quite literally coincidence.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

On a karma note, I stopped to do my good deed for the day on my way into work, ended up slightly late but my boss was OK with this. For my troubles it rained on me on the way home but was so warm I nearly collapsed from dehydration (dramatic license hear, I just found myself really thirsty), my rear wheel slipped as I took off from a light and I nutted myself but luckily did not faceplant, and an expensive test I was running for my boss decided that while it was all set up perfectly, the software would freeze in the middle and take no usable results, wasting half my working day and costing the company about alot of money.

Karma, like the cake, is a lie,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

just keep hitting page refresh lol

http://www.jensvoigtfacts.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement