Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Problem I have is that when I find a nice beer, drink a lot of it and forget the next morning what I was drinking. Ahh the circle of beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

ROK ON wrote: »
    Dungarvan brewing company Helvik Gold. Tasted it after SK tour a few years back and loved it.
    Support the Irish Craft beet industry - some great stuff out there.

(oh, Estrela is also delicious - Spanish not Irish).

Was drinking that the weekend before last down in Ardmore - very palatable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

BX 19 wrote: »
    I'll still maintain that heiniken is a not bad beer. It's nicer then miller/dutch/bav etc. However Staropramen is something I'll pick up if I see it. It's nice. And cheap enough.

Someone hold him down while I fetch my knife...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

awec wrote: »
    To be fair though, Guinness is advertised on TV a lot, and probably has the best marketing campaign out of those you mention.

And Guinness is beaut.

Guinness FES is delicious, Extra is decent, normal guinness is pretty bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

BX 19 wrote: »
    I'll still maintain that heiniken is a not bad beer. It's nicer then miller/dutch/bav etc. However Staropramen is something I'll pick up if I see it. It's nice. And cheap enough.

You must have no taste buds at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

I'm a big fan of Hoegaarden.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Sometimes you can get lucky and tesco have the belfast brewery range. Very nice indeed

G rock wrote: »
    Sometimes you can get lucky and tesco have the belfast brewery range. Very nice indeed

Yeah they can be nice. Mind you, I had one beer which was made in Belfast but I dunno if it was from that same brewery, anyway, it tasted like what I would imagine stale diesel would taste like. Absolutely rotten stuff. Still finished it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

th_DSC_0007.jpg+rochefort460.jpg

Only two things you need for a good beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

ROK ON wrote: »
    Support the Irish Craft beet industry

beetroot.jpg

Lovely beet..... :)

I found a lovely beer, starobrno, when I worked in the czech republic. Fabulous beer brewed locally. Unfortunately ive never seen it anywhere else.

It was possible to tour the brewery and buy a pint for 50 cents. It was about 80 cents in the pubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Jawgap wrote: »
    I thought hipsters were all in to warm beer - always banging on about drinking something before it was cool......;)

Anyway, Peroni for me or Birra Rossini from Aldi - feck it, once it's cold and got bubbles it'll do me.

iv seen that Birra ROssini it looks a proper knock off, peroni is bit over priced isnt

Raam i have tried London Pride not my cup of tea at all.

Back on [off] topic!

Too many beers equals...

On-Your-Bike.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

lennymc wrote: »
    beetroot.jpg

Lovely beet..... :)

I found a lovely beer, starobrno, when I worked in the czech republic. Fabulous beer brewed locally. Unfortunately ive never seen it anywhere else.

It was possible to tour the brewery and buy a pint for 50 cents. It was about 80 cents in the pubs.

I had this during my 2 weeks in brno, was fine on tap but awful from a can i thought, found other beers a bit nicer, the czech budvar is alot nicer than the american crap. the pilsners in Czcech repbublic were lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

manafana wrote: »
    iv seen that Birra ROssini it looks a proper knock off, peroni is bit over priced isnt.......

Correct on all counts......

Birrificio Italiano 'Tipopils' is worth a try if you ever see it - German pilsner brewed in Northern Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Back on [off] topic!

It is on topic its the off season and I need to get my weight back up after a summer of making my self even skinnier than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Seaneh wrote: »
    Guinness FES is delicious,
    Now you're talkin'. My favorite drink. I did a few jobs for Guinness in Africa and the stuff made in Ghana and Cameroon tastes slightly nicer than it does here. IIRC it was a touch sweeter. Had it in Asia too. It's 8% there but tastes the same as the stuff here.

There is also Guinness Extra Smooth (the project I was on) which wasn't bad. It was supposed to be Guinness for African Lager drinkers. Dunno if it's still available. http://www.marcsbeercollection.com/Guinness%20Extra%20Smooth%20Stout.htm

Drank a lot of this too.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMtN4kWQGVrq9yhYHQOyhp35y-bXJOiuDOJA47Z1jM1JY4DKTz
    Good for when you're flagging on a night out and need something sugary to give you a second wind. It sparkez'ed ma vie a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,144 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Not much of a beer drinker myself, but all this talk has made me thirsty :pac: I pick up the world beer deals in Superquinn/Tesco the odd time, but I usually forget the ones I like the next time I'm in the supermarket. One I remember liking is Tyskie, and that was well priced in SuperValu a while back. Been meaning to get some in for Christmas.
    1. Heino.
    2. Bud.
    3. Carlsberg.
    4. Miller.
    5. Coors.
    6. Bulmers
    The trouble is, any pubs I go to only seem to have those and Guinness, and I have to be in the mood for stout. Is there anything good that's widely available?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dr Alex Moulton: 'An inspiration for generations of engineers'
    Inventor of small-wheel bike, Mini suspension dies at 92

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/12/11/alex_moulton_obituary/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

The trouble is, any pubs I go to only seem to have those and Guinness, and I have to be in the mood for stout. Is there anything good that's widely available?

Erdinger and Peroni Nastro Azzurro are to be found in a lot of places nowadays. Not snob-pleasers but quite drinkable.

• Advertisement

If they were widely available then us snobs wouldn't want em.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

10-signs-of-beer-snob.jpg?w=540

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Back on [off] topic!

Too many beers equals...

You're such a silly billy, alcohol dehydrates you thus making you lighter, everyone knows that :rolleyes:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

534801_292771987472488_1767527219_n.jpeg

Planet X wrote: »
    534801_292771987472488_1767527219_n.jpeg

I think I speak for us all when I say "WTF is that, man?"

Back on [off] topic!

Too many beers equals...

On-Your-Bike.gif

Where did you find that pic of me?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Seaneh wrote: »
    Where did you find that pic of me?

We must be twins accidentially seperated at birth.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Back on [off] topic!

Too many beers equals...

On-Your-Bike.gif

His chainset appears to be on the wrong side of the bike. His mechanic must have had a few too many beers too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Jeremy Clarkson just facebooked this:

386421_277815478988527_275560342_n.jpg

and he did it without having a pop.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

doozerie wrote: »
    His chainset appears to be on the wrong side of the bike. His mechanic must have had a few too many beers too.

It's an old cannondale prototype, you know how much the like having left side only stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement