Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

546984_10151095561358479_469916194_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

furiousox wrote: »

I am now - thanks for that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

I am now - thanks for that!:D

Good man, I'm going to the Swords cinema, looking forward to it!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Junior

224868.jpg

Spotted this in Lanzarote, didn't know Cycling Ireland employees owned pubs over there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Apparently Morana is the Slavic goddess of death.

2431135555_eaf4a11355_z.jpg?zz=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Just trying to find the old air guitar in the attic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Lumen wrote: »
    Apparently Morana is the Slavic goddess of death.

2431135555_eaf4a11355_z.jpg?zz=1

So what's that, tissues soaked in death lotion?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

buffalo wrote: »
    So what's that, tissues soaked in death lotion?

Per la dolce morte, da soli.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Listening to Newstalk this morning, off the cuff comment "begging" cyclists to get the bus today as it was far to dangerous to cycle, followed by, "I know you want to get fit, but get the bus and got to the gym this evening"

ain't the reason I cycle bub

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

CramCycle wrote: »
    Listening to Newstalk this morning, off the cuff comment "begging" cyclists to get the bus today as it was far to dangerous to cycle, followed by, "I know you want to get fit, but get the bus and got to the gym this evening"

ain't the reason I cycle bub

No danger that they'd beg motorists to give bikes extra room on the road :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

The melodrama surrounding Irish weather seems to know no bounds. You cycle through some rain and a bit of wind and people fall about themselves wringing their hands at the supposed trauma you must have endured. They seem to see a hurricane behind every faintly grey cloud, I wonder do they ever even venture beyond their front door for most of the year. Is it any wonder that as a society we seem so addicted to the car as some kind of safe haven from the "bad world outside".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

doozerie wrote: »
    The melodrama surrounding Irish weather seems to know no bounds. You cycle through some rain and a bit of wind and people fall about themselves wringing their hands at the supposed trauma you must have endured. They seem to see a hurricane behind every faintly grey cloud, I wonder do they ever even venture beyond their front door for most of the year. Is it any wonder that as a society we seem so addicted to the car as some kind of safe haven from the "bad world outside".
    I was about to ask what was the incredible hazard this morning. Rain, that was it? What, are cyclists made of Disprin?

Apparently we are made of anti-Disprin, given the headaches we seem to cause poor motorists.

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I was about to ask what was the incredible hazard this morning. Rain, that was it? What, are cyclists made of Disprin?

I'm made of sugar! :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

This is primarily said to give the motorist just cause to shout, "Get off the road you feckin eejit, did you not hear the radio telling you not to cycle today!!" After all, driving in the rain can be stressful, and they do need some outlet to vent. On the off chance that they hit you in their state of heightened anxiety, it also provides them with a reasonable excuse, because you should really not have been cycling today, now should you?

buffalo wrote:

I now have a mental image of you in a race. Some of the bigger fellas in your bunch are running low on energy and craving carbohydrates, any carbohydrates. You are looking nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

hay sugar ;)

Bus driver posted in C&T the other night:
    bobby23 wrote: »
    Another thing that is a pain is not using the bike lane. Yet again the Lance Armstrong wanna bees believe they are so fast they are not causing a delay by cycling in the middle of the road.
    bobby23 wrote: »
    the bike lanes in dublin are a joke, rob peter to pay paul, only a line painted on a narrow road.

wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

A bit of rain? That problem has already been solved by those clever Dubliners:

"Created in Dublin, where it rains a LOT, these are designed to sit just below the knee, protecting the full lower leg from rain, splashes and general road grot, while allowing the wearer to retain some semblance of personal style."

http://road.cc/content/review/57905-georgia-dublin-leggits-waterproof-overshoes

(I've never heard of this brand before)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Well, my first day cycling inside using one of Tacx's products. In spite of The Bike Shop's best efforts, I went for an Antares. Scary at first, but after one crash I seem to have it licked now. Sort of fun in fact! But cheesus, it gets hot REALLY fast in here.

I was wondering, what do you people watch/do on the trainers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

My bottom bracket.

Raam wrote: »
    My bottom bracket.

Seriously? I have to focus on a point a few ahead of me, or die. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

el tel wrote: »
    A bit of rain? That problem has already been solved by those clever Dubliners:

"Created in Dublin, where it rains a LOT, these are designed to sit just below the knee, protecting the full lower leg from rain, splashes and general road grot, while allowing the wearer to retain some semblance of personal style."

http://road.cc/content/review/57905-georgia-dublin-leggits-waterproof-overshoes

[SIZE="1"](I've never heard of this brand before)[/SIZE]

May aswell be wearing fluorescent welllies

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Seriously? I have to focus on a point a few ahead of me, or die. :o

Yeah, the drool just falls straight down that way. Otherwise it's all over your chin.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Listen to Nicki Minaj

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Which old fogey were you? I was the one with the Jimmy Page hairdo...

Good fun, teenager and I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

When all the new 2013 Pro team gear out? Wondering what the new Pro Cannondale Team will look like.....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

BX 19 wrote: »
    May aswell be wearing fluorescent welllies
    The other colours aren't as garish. I've seen women walking around in multi-coloured wellies as a style choice, but I don't know what they'd be like for cycling. The only wellies I've seen on bikes were caked in ****e and attached to a farmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Which old fogey were you? I was the one with the Jimmy Page hairdo...
    Good fun, teenager and I enjoyed it.

Ha!
    I was up near the back in B5.
    Crowd was of a "certain age" all right.
    Enjoyed it too, will buy the blu-ray when it comes out and crank it up on the surround sound at home.
    Coulda been a bit louder last night. ;)

CPL 593H

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement