Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

Crackin mornin for a spin with Drogheda Wheelers leisure group. Came across a big group of about 20, looked liked Swords group. Plenty of hellos and waves, nice to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

56713-large_Kona2012day5-17.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

http://londonedinburghlondon.com/route

Thankfully I can't do it... Maybe next time......

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

http://londonedinburghlondon.com/route

Thankfully I can't do it... Maybe next time......

Usually good discussion on all things LEL and audax on yacf.

Bunch of mentallers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

G rock wrote: »
    Usually good discussion on all things LEL and audax on yacf.

Bunch of mentallers!

Entry opens on 5/1/13 - stg£219 entry fee.......

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

Big-ring anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

good piece by kimmage

here

have say McQuaid is so dodge not even funny, knew family basically ruled irish cycling with being an agent and importing santani. Nico as shown here is hyprocrite critcises those who get caught or those that owned up, but lance is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

padjo5 wrote: »
    Big-ring anyone??

Thats a big big ring.

Couple that to a 12t sprocket at the back and you've got 58mph @ 90rpm :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

I picked the wrong weekend to leave the Internet. 154 unread cycling articles in my news feeds, as well as the 200pg USADA report to get through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

buffalo wrote: »
    I picked the wrong weekend to leave the Internet. 154 unread cycling articles in my news feeds, as well as the 200pg USADA report to get through.

:D The full report runs to 1000 pages. Happy reading!

Surinam wrote: »
    :D The full report runs to 1000 pages. Happy reading!

Up 'til 3am reading other things. I'll get to the report tonight while pretending to pay attention at the club AGM. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Up 'til 3am reading other things. I'll get to the report tonight while pretending to pay attention at the club AGM. ;)

You'd want to be careful there. A fella who isn't paying attention could eaily find himself appointed as club secretary with a simple "I nominate ..." and an equally simple "I second the motion." :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Think I'm coming down with a serious dose of the manflu....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

awec wrote: »
    I need to change the brake cable on one of my bikes, is something like this the easiest to just buy?

Never done this before.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=47701

That would be awkward as you have to cut the un-needed nipple off the cable before routing it. There's a good chance of fraying the cable in the process making it harder to fit. Nip down to your LBS and get the correct cable inner (MTB/Hybrid uses the crossways barrel nipple, road uses the other one).
    MTB nipple
    27247.jpg

Pull old cable out, lube in insert new one, clamp and adjust. Squeeze the lever hard a few times to stretch the cable a bit and re-adjust. You'll need to re-adjust again in a few days / a week.

From the Irish Times....

Cardboard bicycle 'could change world'

A bicycle made almost entirely of cardboard has the potential to change transportation habits from the world's most congested cities to the poorest reaches of Africa, its Israeli inventor says.

Izhar Gafni (50), is an expert in designing automated mass-production lines. He is an amateur cycling enthusiast who for years toyed with an idea of making a bicycle from cardboard.

He said during a recent demonstration that after much trial and error, his latest prototype had proven itself and mass production will begin in a few months. The bike is expected to retail at about $20 (€15.43).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Was reading Micheal Hutchinson's book "The Hour" at the weekend. Great book.

One innocuous line about Dr. Ferrari's strange behaviour before Tony Rominger's pre-attempt stands out as being prophetic.

Second last sentence of the third paragraph on page linked here:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=bSTKyAvAQlgC&pg=PA229&lpg=PA229&dq=michael+hutchinson+the+hour+ferrari+rominger&source=bl&ots=mRGj7jWXnD&sig=qSeW0MrNircu9Fph9BGEmJGHy-A&hl=en&sa=X&ei=DQV8UNuXMdSShge6qoH4CQ&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=michael%20hutchinson%20the%20hour%20ferrari%20rominger&f=false

Standby for the world record bunny hop!

285669_515287538483586_1645296788_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Probably should rethink my cycling outfit!
    dcadmt.jpg

I was young and naive back in the early 2000's, I still wear the phonak shorts sometimes :o

155957_orig.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

42 bromptons in one parking spot :D

y10LX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

BX 19 wrote: »
    42 bromptons in one parking spot :D

y10LX.jpg

I double dare you to try and get that red one in the middle out with out scratching anything!!!

^^^^^ I think this is my first post in weeks....maybe months....but I feel confident it's warranted:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Celebration Day today!
    Anyone going?

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/celebrationday/o2_splash.html

CPL 593H

Not startin' anything but I thought this can of worms might be of interest......

From the New York Times.....

To Encourage Biking, Cities Lose the Helmets

"ONE spectacular Sunday in Paris last month, I decided to skip museums and shopping to partake of something even more captivating for an environment reporter: Vélib, arguably the most successful bike-sharing program in the world. In their short lives, Europe’s bike-sharing systems have delivered myriad benefits, notably reducing traffic and its carbon emissions. A number of American cities — including New York, where a bike-sharing program is to open next year — want to replicate that success. So I bought a day pass online for about $2, entered my login information at one of the hundreds of docking stations that are scattered every few blocks around the city and selected one of Vélib’s nearly 20,000 stodgy gray bikes, with their basic gears, upright handlebars and practical baskets.

Then I did something extraordinary, something I’ve not done in a quarter-century of regular bike riding in the United States: I rode off without a helmet........."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

155957_orig.jpg

This reminds me of "Gumbel 2 Gumbel: Beach Justice"

224772.png

224773.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Moved back to my parents house last weekend, back to the commute I done for 4 years when I didn't know any better...Ashbourne to UCD via the M50, by car...mother of god it was painful. I don't care whether I put excessive wear on it or not but I'm taking the good bike in tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

At least you'll get your washing done...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Junior

Danny MacAskill and Chris Hoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

colm_gti wrote: »
    Moved back to my parents house last weekend, back to the commute I done for 4 years when I didn't know any better...Ashbourne to UCD via the M50, by car...mother of god it was painful. I don't care whether I put excessive wear on it or not but I'm taking the good bike in tomorrow!

Two full hours door-to-desk using the Dart this morning. Painful. Should've thrown the leg over the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement