Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Beasty wrote:
    Phew!! he's re-opened it - I don't know how you all coped for 51 minutes on a Friday afternoon without your Camper Van fix ...

The national employee productivity graph shows a significant positive spike coinciding with this 51-minute period. Employers across the country have reset their productivity expectations accordingly. Curse you, curse you all!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Lumen wrote: »
    @doozerie, tbh "scrawny" is a better term of abuse.

The obvious retort is "I dowan ree-member YOUR MA complainen laaaaas noi".

For an English bloke, you really do have the Dublin phonetics down to a fine art. Chapeau, or as they say in Fingalis, nice wan buuuuud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

ROK ON wrote: »
    For an English bloke, you really do have the Dublin phonetics down to a fine art. Chapeau, or as they say in Fingalis, nice wan buuuuud.

an wats rong wit peepel frum fingalis?

lennymc wrote: »
    an wats rong wit peepel frum fingalis?

Many's the people that have asked that very question. :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Zabriskie's bike

1340995992696-2a2h5qqwgkp8-670-75.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

The new Look looks great. Heavy though for today's standards.

1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Zabriskie's bike

1340995992696-2a2h5qqwgkp8-670-75.jpg

Was looking at them photos earlier. That mechanical to hydraulic converter thing under the handlebars looks interesting?

linky

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Come on Eurosport, don't you dare over-run the Athletics over the start of the TDF. You're killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Strava seems to be having some issues. Getting a duplicate file error message. Is it just me?

In other news manhole covers and metal surfaces are lethal today. Saw someone go down on a track on our club spin this morning. I nearly lost it myself on the way home. Front wheel slipped on one of those big rectangular covers. Just managed to straighten up. eek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

daragh_ wrote: »
    Strava seems to be having some issues. Getting a duplicate file error message. Is it just me?

They use Amazon Web Services which are having issues due to power cuts resulting from a storm in the US. Netflix and other services also disrupted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Here's a much overplayed song but in HQ

Where the bass goes for a Bach-like walkabout in the bridge is perfectly judged. Sublime.

Also, contains a very deeply buried obscenity at 2:59 or so (very slightly after the "Oh!" in the backing vocal). Not so sublime, but sort of interesting, given how much airplay it has received and how seldom it's noticed.

314774_330706927013412_418994909_n.jpg

Lol the banana holder.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

BX 19 wrote: »
    Why :confused:?

You must wear a skirt on your tourer:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

niceonetom wrote: »
    I have no idea.

Jens on sexual harrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkk you Garmin!

Four stages raced. How many actually recorded properly? A single ****ing stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Anyone know who/what race/leisure event went through dublin city today? Load of road bikes and lycra with a gardai van taking the front.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Had a somewhat hair raising experience coming down Stocking Lane today. Had to haul on the brakes big time when I came around a corner to find a car driving on the wrong side of the road, across a solid white line, trying to overtake a van on a step section of the hill. Clown.

I was climbing up out of Glenasmole today, on a climb that is not easy (Strava segment for it is Friarstown to Killakee Road) but I saw in the distance what looked like a bike with a child trailer attached heading up the climb too. Not towing a trailer myself I thought I'd catch up with him/her quickly enough, but it took me longer than I expected. The rider spoke with a foreign accent that I couldn't place, he was riding a Boardman mountain bike and he had his 2.5yr old son in the trailer. He was motoring, he was chirpy, and he managed to comfortably maintain a conversation while moving. Up to that point I thought I'd put in a reasonable ride but I found myself having to reconsider my definition of "reasonable" in the circumstances. I tow my 3yr old in a trailer occasionally but never up anything notable - that guy rode with trailer up a long climb that hits over 10% at several points (hits almost 15% a few times too if Strava is to be believed), and he seemed to do so comfortably. That's impressive! He said he is getting in training for a family cycling holiday to the hilly parts of Tuscany. I felt lazy all of a sudden.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I saw someone cycle into the drive-thru of Supermacs today and order, I thought it was odd.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

tricky downing that food without a pitstop! :-) Ketchup everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Idleater wrote: »
    Reminds me of a video installation where one viewer was edited out of the room as they walked around.

The W5 in Belfast has an installation like that. You only show up if you stay still...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Idleater wrote: »
    Reminds me of a video installation where one viewer was edited out of the room as they walked around.

The W5 in Belfast has an installation like that. You only show up if you stay still...
    That could have been it all right.

While heading over Scalp earlier, enroute to Enniskerry, I passed a guy cycling a unicycle. It had what appeared to be an MTB wheel, with a tyre that looked the best part of 2" wide. He was doing a good job too, I'd love to know how far he'd travelled and was planning to travel - Scalp isn't quite the middle of nowhere but it's also not exactly on your typical jaunt-to-the-shops route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Does anyone else think the yellowey-green on the shorts of the Liquigas-cannondale team is not the best choice of colour and design location:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I was just thinking today that it gave an interesting codpiece effect.:(

• Advertisement

Was in my back garden a few minutes ago and was attacked by a gang of midges. They looked a lot like the gang of midges that attacked me while cycling along Cruagh Road on Thursday night. Clearly the survivors followed me home. Beware, the dumbest insects in creation (why do you crawl into my eyes, you know you'll die in there right, having achieved no greater a feat in life than seriously f'ckin annoying me?) are getting organised. Be afraid, be very afraid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement