Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

It's finding the hole that's the problem..

Must......resist.......

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

hrxx5g.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,379 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The leopardskin is probably a bigger deterrent than the lock anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

How not to lock your bike...

Leaving the keys in the wheel lock is a nice touch.

• Advertisement

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Leaving the keys in the wheel lock is a nice touch.
    Was waiting for someone to spot it! I was ooooh so tempted to lock it and take the key :pac:

Having done it myself once or twice it's something I tend to notice. Now I Check The Tweck!* every time I lock my bike.

*The Tweck being that little inset pocket on the front right of most jeans/trousers, where I keep my wheel lock key. I'm pretty sure the name 'Tweck' comes from The Meaning of Liff by Douglas Adams.

EDIT: Was the picture taken in Dublin? I pass a lady some days near Baggot Street riding a bike very like this one, matching panniers and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

4670086_700b.jpg

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Having done it myself once or twice it's something I tend to notice. Now I Check The Tweck!* every time I lock my bike.

*The Tweck being that little inset pocket on the front right of most jeans/trousers, where I keep my wheel lock key. I'm pretty sure the name 'Tweck' comes from The Meaning of Liff by Douglas Adams.

EDIT: Was the picture taken in Dublin? I pass a lady some days near Baggot Street riding a bike very like this one, matching panniers and all.

I've seen them for sale in Angel Cruisers on the North Quays, could be a few of them around.

Was the picture taken in Dublin?
    Planning to pay it a visit with a cable cutters?? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

AstraMonti wrote: »
    4670086_700b.jpg

LOL

Get out.

Planning to pay it a visit with a cable cutters?? :pac:

Heh, no. One Dutch tank is plenty for any stable, and anyway, leopard print isn't really my style.

(If the bike had Leopard Trek print I might be tempted... :))

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I was followed by a car for a couple of minutes today on the Estury Road. I was starting to get paranoid as there were a number of opportunities where other cars would have passed in the past. It was only after I turned on to Spittal Hill when they finally overtook and I had an "Ah ha!" moment... It was a French registered car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Starts tonight on sky. Looks good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

487785_10151088312463000_1582893703_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

ztumblr_m2to0pTzpi1qcizgjo1_12801341405654.jpg

Reminds me of this...

3763Quasimodo_FIX.jpg

Starts tonight on sky. Looks good.

nice to see chiappucci still has it

shame i aint got sky

actually i point blank refuse to buy sky would be a better description

nice to see chiappucci still has it

shame i aint got sky

actually i point blank refuse to buy sky would be a better description

Elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Elaborate?

I disagree.
    I thought he was succinct.

CPL 593H

Elaborate?

out of all the sky channels all i really want is eurosport as far as i can see that will cost me €59 a month (ok there may be other odd programs but you know what its not worth that)

so eurosportplayer, new laptop has a hdmi out, i have a sky box which get s itv4 for there cycling, so sky= ripoff imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

out of all the sky channels all i really want is eurosport as far as i can see that will cost me €59 a month (ok there may be other odd programs but you know what its not worth that)

so eurosportplayer, new laptop has a hdmi out, i have a sky box which get s itv4 for there cycling, so sky= ripoff imo

I just don't understand why Eurosport player doesn't have a more capable archive feature. So that if I'm not in front of my computer for the live Tour, I can watch it later. Or record/store in your online account.

And why they don't make it more cross-platform compatible, but that's just me. I end up watching illegal streams of something I've actually paid money for. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Didn't see this race this year, but what a win! Someone tweeted it a while back. Very excited commentary to go with it :) It gets good at roughly 6'45".

buffalo wrote: »
    I just don't understand why Eurosport player doesn't have a more capable archive feature. So that if I'm not in front of my computer for the live Tour, I can watch it later. Or record/store in your online account.

And why they don't make it more cross-platform compatible, but that's just me. I end up watching illegal streams of something I've actually paid money for. :rolleyes:

you can watch todays footage later just fire up the player and pull where it says live back across the bar and it plays back from where you stop (only found this recently

doesnt work properly in firefox works in IE (being silverlight ) but yeh being able to record and playback would be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Had to spin out and back to work twice yesterday, decided to take my new (old) bike for the second spin to try it out, but it was only when I got home that I realised how much of a FRED I must have looked....cycling a late 80's/early 90's racer wearing look heritage la vie claire replica kit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

The publicity van that precedes the riders was a real circus wasn't it? :) Is it still like this? You rarely get to see anything on the modern coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

wayne0308 wrote: »
    Didn't see this race this year, but what a win! Someone tweeted it a while back. Very excited commentary to go with it :) It gets good at roughly 6'45".

yeah - that was great allright. remember seeing it earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I hadn't realised that Michael Hutchinson won the 2011 Brompton World Champion title, maybe training on a Brompton is the secret of his success!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

colm_gti wrote: »
    cycling a late 80's/early 90's racer wearing look heritage la vie claire replica kit

I don't see the problem!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

colm_gti wrote: »
    Had to spin out and back to work twice yesterday, decided to take my new (old) bike for the second spin to try it out, but it was only when I got home that I realised how much of a FRED I must have looked....cycling a late 80's/early 90's racer wearing look heritage la vie claire replica kit :rolleyes:

Photos or gtfo! :D

Anyway appearing as a fred can happen to the best of them......

270960_309553622467378_1170031894_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement