Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Can people stop talking about my brother's Willy? I'm feeling left out :'(

Oh, do you have a Willy too? Is it bigger or smaller Willy than Raams?

Bigger, heavier, red, black and white and covered in scratches from years of abuse!

Edit: Mine is specialized though!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Bigger, heavier, red, black and white and covered in scratches from years of abuse!

There are tablets that sort that sort of thing out you know......

(Suppose they differ depending on whether it was abuse from others of self inflicted!!)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Saw this, so many jokes, not enough time. http://www.lovegaa.ie/

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Sort of images of beauty but the one on the left reminds me of Mick Wallace !!!

otbf-giro12assisi.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Went for my first ever club spin this morning, my legs and back are starting to hurt now for sure, but it was great fun. Got a nice mention on the club website (mainly because of my weighty bike I think!), so it was all worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

RobFowl wrote: »

otbf-giro12assisi.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but those are some very seedy looking lads taking pictures of the girls from the other side!

RobFowl wrote: »

otbf-giro12assisi.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but those are some very seedy looking lads taking pictures of the girls from the other side!

I reckon that the little fella still lives with his mom. In the basement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Anyone know if one-day licences are available for Mondello nights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

buffalo wrote: »
    Anyone know if one-day licences are available for Mondello nights?

More info on these please...what night are they on? How long (A4)? Open race? Looking for a race to pop my racing cherry with this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

colm_gti wrote: »
    More info on these please...what night are they on? How long (A4)? Open race? Looking for a race to pop my racing cherry with this week...

http://www.irishroadclub.com/index.php/news/bike_worx_open_race_series

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Those "seedy guys" are taking photos from the front. This "seedy guy" took a sneaky photo from behind and now there's a load of "seedy guys" perving over it on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I like the way the trainers match the jerseys, although that may not be the case for the Mick Wallace lookalike.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

This "seedy guy" took a sneaky photo from behind

Did you miss the one in the red & white skirt and the knee high white socks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

beaten to it by Lumen.......

....she seems to be almost laughing at them. I'm sure she's thinking

"Amateurs......"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I know its a very personal thing but does any one else think that radial spokes just look strange and wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

BX 19 wrote: »
    I know its a very personal thing but does any one else think that radial spokes just look strange and wrong?

Not Dublin Bus. They depict a bike on one of their bus-stop posters with radial spokes on the front and rear wheel. I'm sure they were inundated with communications from a disbelieving public.

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Not Dublin Bus. They depict a bike on one of their bus-stop posters with radial spokes on the front and rear wheel. I'm sure they were inundated with communications from a disbelieving public.

2ucl.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

^^^
    Yours Lumen?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

BX 19 wrote: »

Not at all, I think they look great on rear non drive side wheels, I may actually start building like that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

My rear wheel has a 2:1 spoke ratio, with the non-drive side having a radial pattern. I like it (but my spokes are red, making my judgement instantly suspect).

• Advertisement

Hermy wrote: »
    Yours Lumen?

God no. I have a long list of stupid ideas to explore before I get to radially spoked rear wheels.

Lumen wrote: »
    God no. I have a long list of stupid ideas to explore before I get to radially spoked rear wheels.

Are they a stupid idea? What are the pro's, con's etc?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    Are they a stupid idea? What are the pro's, con's etc?

Pro: awesome looking.
    Con: certain death.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,318 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So we're only talking timing differences then

Pro: awesome looking.

Well that's the main thing!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Why? Are they weaker wheels? If so, why do they exist?

What the funk is a radial spoke? Just ride the damn bike you nerds!

But Lusk, certain death is is a serious issue!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Here's an extract from the Art of Wheelbuilding about radial spoking.

<snip>

Mod note - maximum of 1 para plus link to source allowed, thanks to Mr Sherlock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

sanjex-radial-spokes.jpg

And why they shouldn't be used on the rear

http://sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html#radial
    Wheels with hub brakes and drive wheels should never be radially spoked. Due to the near-perpendicular angle of the spoke to the hub's tangent, any torque applied at the hub of a radial spoked wheel will result in a very great increase in spoke tension, almost certainly causing hub or spoke failure.

<snip>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement