Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

buffalo wrote: »
    I think he might only write them for the Grand Tours. Can't find it there myself, I'll check the paper paper at lunch.

Thanks, he tweeted yesterday that his diary would be in the indo today.

Nicholas Roche ‏@nicholasroche
    Many thanks to every one. Feeling good today.dont forget to check diary in @Indo_Sport tomorow. Back writing this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Stolen from Broadsheet.ie, taken in Rathmines this morning
    AvF-gbrCQAA6g2N.jpg

Looks like a bike box to me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Roches diary in in the paper version of the indo, read it at lunchtime. Not bad at all.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,318 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    Roches diary in in the paper version of the indo, read it at lunchtime. Not bad at all.
    Do we know who wrote it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Stolen from Broadsheet.ie, taken in Rathmines this morning
    AvF-gbrCQAA6g2N.jpg

Looks like a bike box to me.

Off to the airport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Was thinking that myself, he looks well packed anyway. The arse will be torn from the box by the time he gets to the north side !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

RobFowl wrote: »

I can er, confirm. That's about all I can do though. Doesn't seem to be online yet at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

carstoday_suck.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from You Laugh You Lose

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    Do we know who wrote it? :D

Well all the spelling was correct !!!

• Advertisement

hardCopy wrote: »
    carstoday_suck.jpg

Shamelessly stolen from You Laugh You Lose

..... Which was shamelessly stolen from reddit two days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fan

Another close call this evening. Had to scream at the very very late red light jumping car (which probably made me look like a crazy) who then pulled on the brakes sharply. If it had been a truck breaking the lights or if it was wet I'd have been a goner. Looked like a young fellah who was flying home from work to watch the football.

I'm sure next time I'll look twice (light went green for me, I had checked the coast was clear and then moved off, although thinking back perhaps I moved too quick) but jesus that was some scary near miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Confab wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a method of training on the bike that would allow me to burn a fair amount of calories over, say 8 months without spending too much time in the saddle? I'm not trying to become very fit, just a few stone lighter with as little stress as possible.

I'm in a similar boat, maiden voyage yesterday, 13.2 km at 22.6kmph average. However I decided Two weeks ago that not only do I need to exercise (hence the bike) but I also need to watch my diet so I cut out all junk food and soft drinks this day two weeks ago and so far I have lost 8lbs weight which I'm amazed by! I hope to lose at least another stone in the coming months and then keep it off with a semi controlled diet and cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

image-F31B_4BEFBEAD.jpg

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

AstraMonti wrote: »
    image-F31B_4BEFBEAD.jpg

AAAGHH MY EEYYYES

Small wheels? Quick acceleration?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,318 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

BX 19 wrote: »
    Small wheels?
    No they're standard - it's a Giant's TT bike ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Is it so you can draft really close?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

CJC999 wrote: »
    I'm in a similar boat, maiden voyage yesterday, 13.2 km at 22.6kmph average. However I decided Two weeks ago that not only do I need to exercise (hence the bike) but I also need to watch my diet so I cut out all junk food and soft drinks this day two weeks ago and so far I have lost 8lbs weight which I'm amazed by! I hope to lose at least another stone in the coming months and then keep it off with a semi controlled diet and cycling.

i lost about 3.5 stone in about 6 - 8 months by counting calories. Its not exciting or sexy, but it worked for me. I noticed a huge increase in my fitness, and my bike speed and endurance, and even started racing. Climbs that i struggled up before at 5kmph, i can now do at three times that speed. I still enjoy occasional bad food, like chinese take aways, pizza, beer, but all in moderation, and all with a daily calorific intake of about 2000 calories in mind. Its a lifestyle change, but after a couple of weeks you get used to it.

Best of luck with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

So I popped up to the shops this morning and locked the bike outside with my 2-minutes-in-the-shop cable lock. I put the cable through the rear wheel, around the stand, back up over the crossbar and around the top bar of the stand, down through the front wheel and locked the cable. Into the shop and came out to discover I'd managed in my manoeuverings to wind the cable around the bike stand and then unwind it again so the bike was carefully locked to itself...

cdaly_ wrote: »
    So I popped up to the shops this morning and locked the bike outside with my 2-minutes-in-the-shop cable lock. I put the cable through the rear wheel, around the stand, back up over the crossbar and around the top bar of the stand, down through the front wheel and locked the cable. Into the shop and came out to discover I'd managed in my manoeuverings to wind the cable around the bike stand and then unwind it again so the bike was carefully locked to itself...
    A masterstroke!

Any self-respecting bike thief would not want to be seen unlocking a bike from itself - they'd probably sooner be seen taking on something a bit more challenging. The fact the bike was not taken is clear proof of this ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

cdaly_ wrote: »

While locking my bike to a stand one rainy morning, running late for a final exam, I thought it would be smart to make sure the plastic bag around my saddle was secured as well. The bike was gone when I returned three days later, but the lock was still there, taunting me.
    I'm fairly certain at this point that I just locked the plastic bag. And they stole it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

"RyanAir style" Planet-X

...because your ordinary Planet-X is too posh.

I need to sell my bikes..:o

I need to sell my bikes..:o
    It looks like the market is flooded with cheap Planet Xs - looks like you might have to give them away ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Originally Posted by AstraMonti viewpost.gif

confused.gif
    BX 19 wrote: »
    Small wheels? Quick acceleration?

The answer is obvious to me.

It's for musicians who want to use a trailer. Small wheels allow you to invert both a bike-hod hitch and a bike-hod tow arm, resulting in a low-riding trailer that is much more stable.

208675.jpg

In today's post:D:

ticket-1.jpg?t=1339535707

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    It looks like the market is flooded with cheap Planet Xs - looks like you might have to give them away ...

I will sell them for charity if you buy me two new ones (of my choice of course) Deal? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement