Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I will sell them for charity if you buy me two new ones (of my choice of course) Deal? :D
    You've made it clear that the bikes I buy are not to your liking ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

http://worldwidecyclesblog.com/2012/06/12/i-burned-me-bike/
    Our customer was cleaning his bike when he noticed a considerable amount of hair around the lower pulley (jockey) wheel. Just where hair on a jockey wheel comes from nobody knows but it is one of cyclings great mysteries.

Anyway, he decided that the best way to remove the hair would be to use a blowtorch...

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Beasty wrote: »
    In today's post:D:

ticket-1.jpg?t=1339535707

*Prints off hi-res copy and stands in line ahead of Beasty...*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i hate you i have to put up with white water katyaking and standing at the side of the road (hopefully but its not a given at the time trials) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

you do know that seat 417 is in the bathroom, dont you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

lennymc wrote: »

Ah! So it's not a measurement?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

i meant to say before, iv got a very good helmet i put on ads (brand new) that i was trying to sell cratoni, only issue is the size its a small so really suiotbale for small head or children, i just want it to get used, and would accept a charitable donation for the boards raid trip for it, anyone interested pm me.

lennymc wrote: »

thought beasty would have sent it back if wasnt seat 410;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

buffalo wrote: »
    the plastic bag around my saddle
    What's the reason for that? Isn't your saddle waterproof? Won't the handlebars be wet also - why not cover them? Surely any rain can be simply wiped off by hand or absorbed by clothing? And finally why do some cyclists then sit on the wet bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

f21dfc66.jpg

Upgraded my licence at last!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

What's the reason for that? Isn't your saddle waterproof? Won't the handlebars be wet also - why not cover them? Surely any rain can be simply wiped off by hand or absorbed by clothing? And finally why do some cyclists then sit on the wet bag?

I also use a plastic bag on my saddle (not while riding}. My handlebar grips are plastic so don't need cover, but the saddle (Brooks) is leather and prefers to stay dry.
    Keeping it covered may also deter the beady-eyed passer-by.

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    I also use a plastic bag on my saddle (not while riding}. My handlebar grips are plastic so don't need cover, but the saddle (Brooks) is leather and prefers to stay dry.
    Keeping it covered may also deter the beady-eyed passer-by.

The saddle on my bike back then was like a sponge, you could wipe it dry, but sitting on it would squeeze a puddle into the seat of your trousers. A bag kept the rain off it and out of it while it sat outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

prJzy.jpg

I really want something like this. It would be very cool. Any modern designs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

@BX_19 - I give you the JourneyMan

There's also the Nomad

Of course, if you want to do it properly......

notforwimps.JPG

Jawgap wrote: »

notforwimps.JPG

The tent ones look cool. Would take an age to put away though if its wet.

Anyways, I've seen that photo a few times before, I'm always wondering how hes pulling that! Not to mention the actual power needed to pull something like that (even when just moving at a constant speed) but there must be some weight on the rear wheel....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

BX 19 wrote: »
    I'm always wondering how hes pulling that! Not to mention the actual power needed to pull something like that (even when just moving at a constant speed) but there must be some weight on the rear wheel....

I presume its weighted at the back so as to not put ot much pressure on the wheel, more on its own wheels. Wouldn't want to do any climbing with it though (or more importantly descending).

CramCycle wrote: »
    I presume its weighted at the back so as to not put ot much pressure on the wheel, more on its own wheels. Wouldn't want to do any climbing with it though (or more importantly descending).

That or its not real?

It does appear in the picture to be slightly tipped indeed. I imagine it might've been a proof of concept/prototype or publicity stunt. Couldn't see all that many being sold.

CramCycle wrote: »

You wouldn't want to weigh it too far back or you will lift the rear wheel and jackknife :p

CeEXf.png

I was hoping for a break in the rain this evening :(

Ahhh well.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

CeEXf.png

Ahhh well.
    Was on the radio this morning that it could be raining for 36 hours solid lad. :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Well at least we won the george hamilton trophy for best fans.happy days

Ahhh well.

just done a 10 mile TT 2nd half straight into a headwind i dont think we are in the worst of the rain though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

My job annoys me.. it peaks between may and july.. and then again around christmas and it messes up my cycling. And no.. I am not working in a B&B :P

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My job annoys me.. it peaks between may and july.. and then again around christmas and it messes up my cycling. And no.. I am not working in a B&B :P
    Is it B&Q then?

Dan martin just tweeted that hes not riding the national championships
    23m Dan Martin Dan Martin ‏@DanMartin86

Dan Martin won't take part in Irish National Championships
    Dan Martin ‏@DanMartin86

Sorry to be missing @irlcycchamp2012. Sure clonmel CC will organise a great event. Sure I'll regret decision when I see the new champ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Dan martin just tweeted that hes not riding the national championships

More here

He's citing his crash at the Criterium du Dauphiné and a desire to prepare for the Tour as the reasons.

I think he just saw the weather forecast:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Is it B&Q then?

Or BBQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

BBQ mmmmm miam.. I 'd love a nice juicy steak for breakfast :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

BBQ mmmmm miam.. I 'd love a nice juicy steak for breakfast :p

I has eggs benidict, much nicer at that time of the morning :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement