Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duracell Rechargeable Accu 2-in-1 usb charger

Options
  • 28-09-2010 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

Picked up this in tesco in coonagh, limerick this evening. Normal price is 64.99. Display price is 64.99. Scan price....3.95
    Checked it at scanning machine, and then self service check out. Still 3.95

Got mine :)

this is what it looks like

http://www.duracell.ie/en-IE/product/2-in-1-usb-charger.jspx

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

*rushes to Tesco*

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

just got one. there was 3 left at 9 o clock thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

just got one. there was 3 left at 9 o clock thanks op

your welcome :) was it coonagh you got it in too or another tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭Conar

I cleared the last 2 in tesco Maynooth, and then got the thrill and checked Lucan. None there.
    Just in case people were going to head that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

*rushes back from Tesco*

Two left in the Crescent, about 40 mins ago.

Now, what do I do with it? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

up there with the great bargain alerts IMO

1 left in clearwater

they're that price online too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They are doing these for the same price:

http://www.duracell.ie/en-IE/product/pocket-usb-charger.jspx

They are doing these for the same price:

http://www.duracell.ie/en-IE/product/pocket-usb-charger.jspx

Was just coming back on to point that out, as i had forgotten about it! That is the one i picked up first, which made me scan the rest. Main disadvantage that one had over others was that it just had a mini-usb port I believe, rather then full size usb, so wouldnt work for iphone/ipod etc.
    Glad people are getting them anyway, and that they are in rest of tescos!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Just bought a mini to micro usb adaptor on ebay ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Thanks phill106! But as I went out the door the bloody alarm went off and I was going like "Oh S***!". Then the manager came down and asked if I had security tags in any of my products and I said probably this one. He said "Yeah" then I said "Here's another 2(!!!)" :D

All's fine, he took them off and I went off like the robber I am. :P

Bought 3 and another 3 left in Tescos Mallow when I left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Does it show on your receipt as "Duracell Rech2-1Usb Charger Pps3" as that's the closest match I can see on tesco.ie, but there's no picture :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

My receipt says 'D/CELL 2IN1 USB"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭LawnMower Man

Got one in Galway was 3 left plus plenty of the smaller ones... all seem to be 3.95
    Thanks for the alert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Would it be really cheeky to go back with the receipt and tell them they got the price wrong, and want them free? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Would it be really cheeky to go back with the receipt and tell them they got the price wrong, and want them free? :P

I was wondering that before. Thought it best not to mention it as someone will point of the error and may result in the offer disappearing.

Also, very cheeky. :D

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

that only works if the price displayed is higher then the price you are charged.
    I absolutely forbid anyone anyone asking any member of tesco to confirm the price, or saying, wow isnt that a great deal as they purchase it :)
    Its a price mistake, they havent noticed yet, so do not tell them, let others buy them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭davehey79

None of the chargers posted by the OP in Tesco Longford but the other 2 from the duracell site are there and marked at 3.95

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

phill106 wrote: »
    your welcome :) was it coonagh you got it in too or another tesco?
    was coonagh thanks again

peckerhead wrote: »
    *rushes back from Tesco*

Two left in the Crescent, about 40 mins ago.

Now, what do I do with it? :pac:

Well I charged it up on my laptop, then I plan to keep it with me in laptop bag. Yes i could charge off laptop, but its another option !

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tempted..

.. but got my JuiceJack, so think I'll pass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Well I charged it up on my laptop, then I plan to keep it with me in laptop bag. Yes i could charge off laptop, but its another option !
    Where about's in Coonagh were they?

Where about's in Coonagh were they?

End of aisle, one or 2 up from freezer section. Facing the till side of the store, large duracell stand. Check the various ones at the scanner up by the bread then.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

End of aisle, one or 2 up from freezer section. Facing the till side of the store, large duracell stand. Check the various ones at the scanner up by the bread then.
    Decided to pop out and pick one up. Still another 3 left. Great bargain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kop Idol

Dammit ! None in Ashbourne. Looked like they only had the older versions of the various chargers...

They only had these for €19.99 ! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duracell-Instant-Charger-immediate-recharging/dp/B001FC49VS

and these for €9.99 ! http://www.buyabattery.co.uk/duracell-pocket-charger-for-instant-power-pps1-p-1342.html

All scanned at proper prices :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

About five of the big and plenty of the smaller ones left in Tralee (Manor), all scan at 3.95. Thanks!

Very odd mistake isnt it? And did they all have the full price stickers on them?
    It was odd how i found the deal, I had been looking at them for a while, and kept an eye on them as it was the type of thing tesco could misprice easy enough. Now everyone who got one, send me 5 euro please, thanks :)
    Saving that, i will also accept the euro millions winning numbers for this friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

I picked it up in Wilton. They have loads of them, and they are marked 3.95. Cheers, OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lepoatnam

Thanks OP, got the last one in Tesco Galway @ 12:35. €3.95 also, handy little piece of equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

shnaek wrote: »
    I picked it up in Wilton. They have loads of them, and they are marked 3.95. Cheers, OP!

Also had this version: (which isnt as impressive)
    http://www.duracell.ie/en-IE/product/instant-usb-charger.jspx

Loads of the small ones down by the phone section, few more in the battery display. The ones in the battery display had a "new: €3.95" price ticket on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 robinvn

none in Rathmines, except for that small one that scans at 19.99 :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement