Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

mathepac wrote: »
    Tesco Motor Insurance bargain of the year IMHO
    + 1 from me, closest for me was liberty, but that company was only just on the market and i didnt trust them, tesco all the way, discount of 5% for clubcard members and a 10% value of points on your clubcard if i remember rightly

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

BlueKi wrote: »
    I just got the last Hitachi life studio 1tb in tesco's douglas for 32e.

Maybe Mahon or Wilton will have some stock left?

Feck!
    I keep an eye out for those and missed it...
    Must try harder......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

40 bottles of miller 25 euro is a great price

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

racso1975 wrote: »
    40 bottles of miller 25 euro is a great price
    Yep, got this when I was in at the weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

+ 1 from me, ... discount of 5% for clubcard members and a 10% value of points on your clubcard if i remember rightly
    10% discount off the insurance premium for typing my clubcard number into the application form plus a 30 quid shopping voucher. Pass it on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

I was looking for something online and spotted these reduced items. I have not been in store for the past few days but it may be worth keeping your eyes opened.in case any of these are available in your local Tesco.

Tesco Apples Paper Plates 8 pack 35 cent
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Pack of Birthday Boy/Girl Invites 5 cent
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Tesco Happy Birth Paper Plates 8 pack 35 cent
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Tesco Elastic Iron/Board Coverblossom Xl122x39 9 cent
    (no picture)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

mathepac wrote: »
    10% discount off the insurance premium for typing my clubcard number into the application form plus a 30 quid shopping voucher. Pass it on.

when does the 30 quid voucher arrive ? A friend of mine bought car insurance with Tesco over the phone a few days ago. Her policy documents arrived but no sign of a shopping voucher. She did give her clubcard number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

never received that either, must be for chosen few ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭rightoldpickle

Peppa pig ready bed €12 same as this in Argos for €41.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/part ... ADYBED.htm

Tesco in Naas, priced on the shelf, in the toy section

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

1288532243_36008-1.jpg

Got two sets of these for the princely sum of €1.62 each. :D Delighted with it, wanted a keyring sized pen knife for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

when does the 30 quid voucher arrive ? A friend of mine bought car insurance with Tesco over the phone a few days ago. Her policy documents arrived but no sign of a shopping voucher. She did give her clubcard number.
    Terms & Conditions
    €30 Tesco Gift card awarded to new customers who get a quote and buy Tesco Car Insurance online from Tesco Bank from 9th July 2012 to 29th August 2012. One offer per policy. If the policy is cancelled within the first 30 days the customer will not receive the Tesco Gift Card. The Tesco Gift Card will be posted to the policyholder's address within 8 weeks of the policy purchase date. No duplicate Tesco Gift Card will be sent. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.

http://www.tesco.ie/finance/carinsurance/index.html?utm_source=Tesco%2BROI&utm_medium=weblink&utm_campaign=weblink

You get clubcard points,

I see the minimum policy amount is €262, looks like I'l be going somewhere else this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

MarkR wrote: »
    1288532243_36008-1.jpg

Got two sets of these for the princely sum of €1.62 each. :D Delighted with it, wanted a keyring sized pen knife for a while.

What branch???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Basq wrote: »
    Yep, got this when I was in at the weekend.

I got 6 boxes for €75. :D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Mr Magners wrote: »
    What branch???

I got it in Coonagh Cross, Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dfoy

What store was this in was it priced at this or scanned at this price thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭rightoldpickle

dfoy wrote: »

What store was this in was it priced at this or scanned at this price thanks

Priced on the shelf in Naas. Assume they are the same everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Kopparberg mixed fruit was €1.25 a can, down from €2.70. This was 2 days ago in Drogheda. Don't know if there's much left but it's worth a look if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Priced on the shelf in Naas. Assume they are the same everywhere.

Where in naas? store and where in the store. was looking today.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Middleton branch had Microsoft curved keyboards for under €6 on Saturday. USB connector, not wireless. Good pile of them, in red boxes. Also their HP 3050A printer scanner with wifi and Apple iPad iPhone AirPrint compatibility for €49.95 is cheaper than Tesco Uk or Amazon. Have seen those in lots of Tesco branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

brother told me in roxboro that they had dance central 2 on Xbox for €15, when he went to the checkout with it, it scanned at 45€ and they would not give it to him for the marked price (€15), maybe people might have better luck in the other tesco's with it

• Advertisement

25% off when you buy 6 or more bottles of wine is back on! Time to restock on wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Hococop wrote: »
    brother told me in roxboro that they had dance central 2 on Xbox for €15, when he went to the checkout with it, it scanned at 45€ and they would not give it to him for the marked price (€15), maybe people might have better luck in the other tesco's with it

Lots of those in Clearwater over the weekend.
    Should have called the manager and got double the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭neiphin

i know off topic
    but just to let folks know, the self service in swinford short changed me today
    be vigilant folks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

nudger wrote: »
    Lots of those in Clearwater over the weekend.
    Should have called the manager and got double the difference.

He must not have bought it, if he had bought it and then went to customer service he would have got double the difference but I think his mistake was flagging it at the checkout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

January wrote: »
    He must not have bought it, if he had bought it and then went to customer service he would have got double the difference but I think his mistake was flagging it at the checkout.

OH was fobbed off at the checkout the other day about the price tag not being right, suggestions of a price tag being switched :eek: not rung through, manager called.
    I told her to go back and kick ass, not the total ass kicking but got it for what had been on the switched tag.

Seems like they are playing hard ball.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Even if only a few people benefit from their pricing errors (which even now are rife), surely its in Tesco's interest to get the incorrect prices sorted asap- as technically they are breaking the law by displaying inaccurate pricing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Chef BBQ Squeezy sauce 500g €2.69 ...or buy two for €2.00

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

smccarrick wrote: »
    Even if only a few people benefit from their pricing errors (which even now are rife), surely its in Tesco's interest to get the incorrect prices sorted asap- as technically they are breaking the law by displaying inaccurate pricing?

they arent breaking any law as its only an invitation to purchase...price tag shows €1 but when you go to pay they want €100 isnt breaking any law

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Alpro Soya Plus

Alpro-soya-Plus-drinksklein.jpg

2.00 1.50 0.37

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement