Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Lawyered.
    Nah, accountanted-ed or whatever. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭randox

Bought the last nano in Tesco Ardkeen in Waterford. When the woman closed the glass cabinet all four panels shattered in a million pieces - glass everywhere. Scared the *&^%$ out of me! Hot deals aren't suppose to be this traumatic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nano in Wexford €87 also-the blue one is €86.

Lexmark Ink,certain ones are reduced to between €10 & €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

mathepac wrote: »
    Tescos Crunchy Peanut Butter (340g glass jar) €0.45 each. 87% peanuts + sugar, oil & salt.

I was sure they were marked €0.34 on the shelf price but I wasn't going back around for €0.22.

This is marked and scans at 45c in Cabra. Said it before VERY FEW bargains to be had in Cabra :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Sorry for the late reply.

Refund policy has changed, I must say it wasn't handled or communicated well to the Tesco staff, but the double the difference is finished.

I'm nearly 100% it's just the difference you are over charged.

Some staff members may give you the product for free and the difference.

Also, the problem with pricing errors is not Tesco trying to rip people off, it's them using an outdated system that prints off about 1000/2000 sels of which only 500/600 are to be used. The pressure staff in systems are under is madness, 1000/2000 sels will print off for two people to check into the system (regardless if used or not), the system will update the price. Either higher or lowering the value, all this without a sel touching the shelf. What happens is an attempt by staff to get the new sels out, they don't check if the TPNS match the labels there changing, next thing you know there's a pricing error (usually someone losing the rag at the poor lad behind the customer service desk).

It's higher management trying to save money. There are as many sels displaying a higher price than you will pay at the till, EG 1.50 on shelf pay 1.30 at till.

Also some sels are just not the product at all, you might have a packet of Tesco Value Biscuits in front of you and the label says Tesco Value Biscuits, but the label could be from a different line of Tesco Value Biscuits and the sel only made it to the shelf cause the TPN was not checked against the label it was previously replacing. Again could cause a pricing issue either higher or lower.

Or there's human error , so it's one of them reasons. Or a shoplifter has scammed the shop out of it and moved labels around on the shelf to claim a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

What are sels exactly? The piece of paper with the price displayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Still no nanos in stock tesco ballybrack. They got a call from Dun Laoghaire also while I was waiting looking for them. The staff on this evening were less than confident they would be getting any stock in - supposedly they haven't had any of the ipods for a longtime. I find it strange that the ones that are on the display stand can't be sold :confused: msg11 - would you know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Monotype wrote: »
    What are sels exactly? The piece of paper with the price displayed?

Yeah. Shelf Edge Lables I think it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

donnacha wrote: »
    I find it strange that the ones that are on the display stand can't be sold :confused: msg11 - would you know why?

There would be no warranty on them. Plenty of nanos left in the Artane branch if people are having trouble finding them. They're reduced to clear, if a branch doesn't have them now I doubt they'll get any more.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

ShaneU wrote: »
    There would be no warranty on them. Plenty of nanos left in the Artane branch if people are having trouble finding them. They're reduced to clear, if a branch doesn't have them now I doubt they'll get any more.

Apple will most likely still cover them do long as you show them your receipt to prove date of purchase, tesco most certainly will as they'll be legally obligated to.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tesco selling off rubber handled stainless steel hand trowels and forks for 1 euro 50 cents each.

Reduced from 3 euro 50 cents.

Bought a set this evening.

Not too bad me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

ShaneU wrote: »
    Mactard wrote: »
    Apple will most likely still cover them do long as you show them your receipt to prove date of purchase, tesco most certainly will as they'll be legally obligated to.

Though they are on display - they are completely sealed in their original packaging and just have those locks stuck onto the outside packaging so they aren't stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

paddy147 wrote: »
    Tesco selling off rubber handled stainless steel hand trowels and forks for 1 euro 50 cents each.

Reduced from 3 euro 50 cents.

Bought a set this evening.

Not too bad me thinks

wait til next month, all the summery/gardening stuff will be going for half nothing, they'll need the space for Halloween/Crimbo stock

wait til next month, all the summery/gardening stuff will be going for half nothing, they'll need the space for Halloween/Crimbo stock

It allready has.Its all been moved to accomodate the kids school clothing

Garden kneelers for 49 cents.

Pic of stainless steel fork and trowel.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

was in Naas mega store today,
    the policy is refund the overpriced difference.
    so you get the item at the correct price, nothing more ( unless you don't notice) and nothing less.

Nope, the policy is still double the difference, get complaining to head office, could be worth your while!
    Tesco Customer Services
    Telephone 1850 744 844

8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday

9am to 4pm Sunday

Email: customer.services@tesco.ie.
    Bought the last nano in Tesco Ardkeen in Waterford. When the woman closed the glass cabinet all four panels shattered in a million pieces - glass everywhere. Scared the *&^%$ out of me! Hot deals aren't suppose to be this traumatic

I was still finding tiny pieces of glass at 10pm! you poor thing, what a fright.

If Tesco charge you more than what the item is listed as,then Tesco will refund you "DOUBLE" the difference.

Its there in colour print beside the customer service area in all stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

If Tesco charge you more than what the item is listed as,then Tesco will refund you "DOUBLE" the difference.

its not there in all the stores,
    Naas does not have this sign anywhere anymore.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »

Well tell the manager then that it shouild be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

A massive blue sign hanging on the wall behind the customer services area in Carrick-on-Shannon store listing off all their "promises" or whatever they call them and the last one on the list is that they will refund double the difference if you are overcharged.
    It's amazing how many people i know that never realised it was there, even though it's a large sign lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

rameire wrote: »

They seem to be progressively removing/re-writing their 'customer charter' in the stores around the country. Its gone in Maynooth, Celbridge, Naas, Lucan and the entire Dublin West/Kildare area now- but its still up there in Clarehall.
    It looks to me like they have changed the policy- however will most probably honour the old policy- until such time as they physically change the signage at customer service desks? In any event- having to fill out the details for even a small overcharge- after waiting 14 deep in an understaffed queue for customer services- is a good way to deter people from seeking a refund. Unless its a significant difference- I don't even bother anymore- its not worth having two children scream at me.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Last time I was in the scan checker in the store* had been removed. Not just for repairs etc. but completely, wiring and all. Just a hole in the pillar left. :mad::mad:

*Naas extra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Last time I was in the scan checker in the store* had been removed. Not just for repairs etc. but completely, wiring and all. Just a hole in the pillar left. :mad::mad:

*Naas extra

www.tescocomments.com

Dunno if much will be done about it, but the area managers get a copy also.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

I don't think the staff know their own policies ....

I was in one tesco last week.
    Bought an item listed as 9.99 on the shelf, when I checked the receipt I had been charged 11.99.

Went to customer service desk, showed receipt.
    The person at the counter went to check, brought back the 9.99 yellow tag off the shelf, handed me back 11.99 and when I said I wanted the item & was just highlighting the overcharge they said "you get the item as well as the 11.99 back".

The "double the difference" guarantee was on the blue board behind the counter.

Then again, who was I to argue with this kind of a store policy? :D

Kat1170 wrote: »

*Naas extra
    They have just moved it, its now stuck on a pillar a couple of aisles from the school uniforms at the other end of the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 corcaigh_abu

JVC Marshmallow Earphones HA-FR36-A: Blue, Pink and Purple ones marked down from 27.99 to 13.00, scanning at 6.50 in Douglas. Black & Silver both 27.99.

42 litre gardening flexi tubs in Tesco Clarehall for 1 euro 12 cents each.

Yes,a mere 1 euro and 12 cents.:eek:

Bought 2,just for the heck of it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

that's not a gardening tub, that's a laundry basket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

For 1.12 It can be whatever you want it to be. small dog bath/ Potato planter/ toy basket etc etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Chef Brown sauce, Salad cream, Tomato sauce and Beetroot,
    all buy 2 for €2. Also Paddy Whiskey 700ml €15. All in Tesco Kildare Town.

• Advertisement

It was used as a shopping basket for 15 minutes while in Tesco.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement