Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Soarer wrote: »
    Would they ever bloody open a petrol station in Cork?!?!

Wouldn't be so eager, they are usually more expensive than the other ones these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Time for fake bargain alerts then, keep those pesky Tescos staff busy on a wild goose chase.

Goose eggs 12 for €1.50; Kilkenny Branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Soarer wrote: »
    Would they ever bloody open a petrol station in Cork?!?!

Cork's a one-horse town. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    I think Tesco are monitoring this thread too,

Surprised no one has mentioned the fact that the comfort ironing water is now 2 for 2.50 a far cry from last years price when we were all getting it for nowt! with the one euro PB voucher

Undoubtedly, they use us to help check their prices, it helps keep down staffing costs, remember each employee costs approx. €9 per hour. Any obvious errors are corrected as soon as noted on here.
    They don't mind a few of us getting bargains because of pricing errors, and they're happy that we publicise these and their other genuine offers, because, as you all know, once you're in the shop, you'll probably pick up another few things too.

That said, keep them coming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Is that the one with the free lawn edger in the box? They are sold out down here with a while.

No, the one you're thinking of is some obscure brand. I can't recall the name off hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

€17.49 for a wall mount for LED tv, found in Drogheda store. Seems like a good price in comparison to many wall mounts for TVs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

mell61 wrote: »
    €17.49 for a wall mount for LED tv, found in Drogheda store. Seems like a good price in comparison to many wall mounts for TVs.

Good price. I bought this in Tesco Maynooth @ Euro49. Be damn careful with the weight of the TV you're intending to put on it though- and also be damn careful with plasterboard stud walls (and heed the halving of the max weight)

Good price- but comparing it to a proper wall mount is a bit like saying apples and bananas are both types of fruit. Its a totally different product that happens to serve the same purpose. Its hard to install, and its a lot less forgiving than a proper mount, but if you're careful- its well worth the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

smccarrick wrote: »
    Good price. I bought this in Tesco Maynooth @ Euro49. Be damn careful with the weight of the TV you're intending to put on it though- and also be damn careful with plasterboard stud walls (and heed the halving of the max weight)

Good price- but comparing it to a proper wall mount is a bit like saying apples and bananas are both types of fruit. Its a totally different product that happens to serve the same purpose. Its hard to install, and its a lot less forgiving than a proper mount, but if you're careful- its well worth the purchase.
    ALDI had one last week - dual arm TV bracket - €25 - while the 22inch TV sold out in minutes, there seemed to be a large pile of the TV brackets. For larger TVs they had a heavyduty flat-on-the-wall type one a few weeks earlier and probably still have it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

damn you tesco deals :(

mAFwd.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

damn you tesco deals :(

mAFwd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭CH3OH

IDShot_225x225.jpg

firstly I couldn't find any in Arklow, although they are showing up on the website as in stock.
    These are marked 4x.There are 3x and 5x on display both of which are not reduced

Duracell Rechargeable Aaa 4 Pack 900/1000Mah

€0.94 (€0.24/each)

maybe a wild goose chase but you might be lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BlueKi

I just got the last Hitachi life studio 1tb in tesco's douglas for 32e.

Maybe Mahon or Wilton will have some stock left?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

CH3OH wrote: »
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

firstly I couldn't find any in Arklow, although they are showing up on the website as in stock.
    These are marked 4x.There are 3x and 5x on display both of which are not reduced

€0.94 (€0.24/each)

Going to pull the place apart looking for these tomorrow, really need some rechargable AAAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

BlueKi wrote: »
    I just got the last Hitachi life studio 1tb in tesco's douglas for 32e.

Maybe Mahon or Wilton will have some stock left?

Was it marked down on the shelf? Where abouts did you find it? I was in Douglas this morning and couldn't see any. Actually need a hard drive since my son broke my last one (and I lost over 1tb worth of stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BlueKi

lindtee wrote: »
    Was it marked down on the shelf? Where abouts did you find it? I was in Douglas this morning and couldn't see any. Actually need a hard drive since my son broke my last one (and I lost over 1tb worth of stuff)

Nope it was a normal price tag.
    Its upstairs across from the tvs on the bottom shelf. The other hdds were on the top shelf.

Sry to hear ya lost all ur data happened here before so annoying :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

BlueKi wrote: »
    Nope it was a normal price tag.
    Its upstairs across from the tvs on the bottom shelf. The other hdds were on the top shelf.

Sry to hear ya lost all ur data happened here before so annoying :(.

Damn! Should have spend more time looking this morning but had two dogs waiting in the car! Ah well.
    Hard drive didn't even hit the ground and I lost everything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

CH3OH wrote: »
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

€0.94 (€0.24/each)

Where abouts on website do you see these listed...??? I cant seem to find them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭CH3OH

attachment.php?attachmentid=214361&stc=1&d=1343051241
    all stores don't carry the same stock list.
    They are showing up for Arklow as that is where my home shopping would be delivered from.
    If they are not listed on tesco.ie . it is because they are not stocked by your nearest store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

No supreme rechargeables in roscommon only the stay charged 5x ones that are only 800maH and full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

Tsco Poleberry, waterford, graco high chair was 69 reduced to 17.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tesco's "biggest game reduction ever" happening now, most older games reduced to €10 or €15. The few I can remember: Dead Rising 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Spiderman Edge of Time, Vanquish, Bulletstorm, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Enslaved, Lego Star Wars

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

ShaneU wrote: »
    Tesco's "biggest game reduction ever" happening now, most older games reduced to €10 or €15. The few I can remember: Dead Rising 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Spiderman Edge of Time, Vanquish, Bulletstorm, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Enslaved, Lego Star Wars

Which store did you see these in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Artane but it's happening in every store

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Built Kindle Sleeves were only €8.40 in Tesco Kilrush. I presume it is the same around the country as my mother saw them reduced in Limerick as well.

They are usually €30, and are never reduced. The black one and the black and white vine one were both reduced but the purple scatter dot one was still full price. There was no sign of the red one either. Still full price on Amazon at £24.99 (http://goo.gl/Nnl5f)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bizz213

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Built Kindle Sleeves were only €8.40 in Tesco Kilrush. I presume it is the same around the country as my mother saw them reduced in Limerick as well.

got this in douglas, thanks man!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Tesco Motor Insurance bargain of the year IMHO

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Not relevant to this thread as insurance premiums differ for each person.

As an example I renewed my insurance last week and Tesco was the second worst for premiums with FBD and a broker being the best of the lot. The broker swung it in the end for me with better policy benefits.

A bargain alert on this thread has to be one where people have a chance of all getting the same deal. Not some nonsense like what both myself and you have posted.

Quick Edit : My post makes me come across a bit of an ass. I don't mean it in that way. Just that Tesco bargain alert thread should be a bargai nwhere every1 has a good chance of getting the same deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Yawns wrote: »
    ... Just that Tesco bargain alert thread should be a bargai nwhere every1 has a good chance of getting the same deal.
    Which is why I posted it and posted it as a link (which can be ignored), rather than as a detailed post; but I understand your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Jackobyte wrote: »
    bizz213 wrote: »
    got this in douglas, thanks man!

Just to add, the slide in BUILT sleeves work fine with the Barnes & Noble Nook (Simple Touch) series of eReaders.

nookbuilttesco.jpg

The sides go in a bit in the middle, holding the eReader securely. No risk of damage though.. the sleeves are very nicely fleeced inside too, fluffy soft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

ShaneU wrote: »
    Artane but it's happening in every store

Plenty down there on sale thanks for the info, could you keep an eye on one for me though. Metroid Prime Trilogy, it was still €54.99 today, if this drops to €15 or €10 please let me know asap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement