Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The current Tesco policy is
    "in the unlikely event of you being charged a price at the checkouts that is higher that the price mounted on the display, we will refund double the difference between the shelf price and the price paid by you and without quibble..

It used to be on the tesco website , but I can't locate it now

The old policy was the item free

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Few tvs have been reduced, best deal is Technika 19-912, reduced from €199 to €99, saorview compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Just picked up 2 of these in Monaghan at €1.50. There is still a good few packs left. Good deal!

All gone in Clearwater. Price gone back up to 4.80. The checkout guy did say he bought loads this morning for 1.50 though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Good few reductions in biscuits, mostly 70% off, they are on stuff that's being discontinued.

They have yellow labels with a few prices crossed out and the lower one displayed.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Johnsons Kids Lotion Spf50 200Ml
    This is on offer at the moment for €3.74 Only seems to be this particular lotion
    Unlikely we'll need it in this country, but might be useful for families travelling to sunnier climates

IDShot_225x225.jpg

7Up Diet 12 X 330Ml on offer @ €3.94, Normal Seven up also same price

UPDATE!!
    The 7 up is slightly cheaper in Dunnes where they have a 9 pack for €2.84 equivalent to €3.79 for 12
    Dunnes also have Pepsi and Club Orange in the offer ( until 15 th July)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Are reduced to 17 from 35 in Tesco Clearwater but scans at 8.50 (red only).

CH3OH wrote: »
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Johnsons Kids Lotion Spf50 200Ml
    This is on offer at the moment for €3.74 Only seems to be this particular lotion
    Unlikely we'll need it in this country, but might be useful for families travelling to sunnier climates

The last few bargains have been corrected very quickly by Tesco.

I put this one up as as sort of test to see if it would be corrected.
    This product was €3.74 for weeks, but amazingly the price changed overnight to €7.49.
    Suggests to me that Tesco are monitoring boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

I'd guess that the lotion was on special offer at half price but has now returned to full price?

Its like a dream to me that I read other posts about headphones in Tesco but they seem to be gone?

Edit:The headphones discussion has been split to its own thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

This product was €3.74 for weeks, but amazingly the price changed overnight to €7.49.

They might be better off to employ numerate staff to price the stuff in the first place.
    Tesco make their biggest percentage profits in Ireland, about time we got something back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I think you are being a bit paranoid tbh. It was half price sun cream in a wet summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Or we have a snitch amongst us....

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I think you are being a bit paranoid tbh. It was half price sun cream in a wet summer.

I'm normally more than a bit....:)

but as far as I can remember the offer was the same as the other Johnsons products valid from 30/6/2012 until 27/8/2012.
    The other Johnsons suncare products are all still "Half price" all around €7 to €8.50.

This one had been reduced to €3.74 for weeks and miracleously the price on this one alone has been corrected to €7.49

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Big bags of crispy M&M's were half price in Tesco yesterday. €1.47 AFAIK

EDIT: It's all M&M's 185g bags until 24/7/2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Lindt Lindor Truffles 337g Half Price €8.99 €4.49

that's a good price even for the 200g one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Picked up some MnMs. Skittles and sour skittles are 94c for a big bag too. Plus natural confectionary company jellies 1.20 . Went in to buy spinach and cost me 12 euro ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Tesco, Clonmel this evening kids large bubble wands originally €2.69 marked as special offer €2.00 scanned at 75c.

In a basket down near the tv display

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Lindt Lindor Truffles 337g Half Price €8.99 €4.49

that's a good price even for the 200g one

Tesco Lucan have a whole pallet of these, they don't seem to be in short supply by any means!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rachelcork

Mr Magners wrote: »
    Tesco, Clonmel this evening kids large bubble wands originally €2.69 marked as special offer €2.00 scanned at 75c.

In a basket down near the tv display

They are marked in Douglas as 75c

A lawnmower and strimmer marked as 84 in store but in wiltmm is 42 so scanned it and was indeed 42 wit the ten euro voucher only 32 savings,,,,over 50 squid!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

lindtee wrote: »
    These have been on the shelf in the clearance section Mahon for ages with the shelf label proclaiming that they are 89c. As they are easter stock I doubted that they were. Scanned them and they were one cent. (thankfully scanning machine was back working again) There were a few left but I'd say the next person who decides to scan them, as I did, will clear the shelf. Worth looking in other stores and scanning any other Easter stock that may be around!

Got these in tesco Ballinasloe, thanks OP!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Barnet

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Sony DAB/FM portable radio reduced from a crazy €69 to €17

There were 2 left at 10 pm at Mahon Point tonight.

210942.jpg

Thanks dowtchaboy, I've been looking out for a small portable radio for weeks now. I thought I'd missed out on this bargain but hey presto I picked up the Sony portable DAB/FM Radio in Tesco Clonmel this morning ... last one on shelf! Great value at €17. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Slunk wrote: »
    Picked up some MnMs. Skittles and sour skittles are 94c for a big bag too. Plus natural confectionary company jellies 1.20 . Went in to buy spinach and cost me 12 euro ha.

Balls. I sent the mammy in for the complete range of m&ms (grand job, bag of brown, blue and yellow sitting on the sideboard) but now ya'll tell me about the skittles. Drat. Doubt she'd be up for going back to tesco (ours is a particular sh-hole) just for skittles (spech since she don't eat skittles) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

hdowney wrote: »
    Balls. I sent the mammy in for the complete range of m&ms (grand job, bag of brown, blue and yellow sitting on the sideboard) but now ya'll tell me about the skittles. Drat. Doubt she'd be up for going back to tesco (ours is a particular sh-hole) just for skittles (spech since she don't eat skittles) :(

Ah she'd probably do it for her son who can't walk himself, why wouldn't she.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

iPhone. wrote: »
    Ah she'd probably do it for her son who can't walk himself, why wouldn't she.

Bagsie you tellin the mammy about this son she'll have never heard of before. I am just one lazy bítch!!!! I'll possibly pop over tomorrow and see if they have any

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

hdowney wrote: »
    Bagsie you tellin the mammy about this son she'll have never heard of before. I am just one lazy bítch!!!! I'll possibly pop over trundle over on my mobility scooter tomorrow and see if they have any

fyp :D

No cheap dab radios in roscommon, and the duracells seem to be another variety of ultra/super/fantastic whatever marketing bull. Still have plenty left from christmas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

3e26edf0.png

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already but this is marked at €45 in Tesco Balbriggan. It's priced near the garden area at €70+ but closer to the registers it's down at €45. It seems like a good price considering it's €99 in Woodies. Rather confusingly though it's marked as £29 on Tesco.com. Either way it's certainly great value. I picked one up this afternoon and it's done a great job on the back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Is that the one with the free lawn edger in the box? They are sold out down here with a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Barnet wrote: »
    Thanks dowtchaboy, I've been looking out for a small portable radio for weeks now. I thought I'd missed out on this bargain but hey presto I picked up the Sony portable DAB/FM Radio in Tesco Clonmel this morning ... last one on shelf! Great value at €17. :D
    Glad to return the favour for all the bargains I've had from this thread!
    The "thank you" button is
    over here :) ----V !

213405.jpg

see instore for details

coupon valid until 12 Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Would they ever bloody open a petrol station in Cork?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Or we have a snitch amongst us....

I think Tesco are monitoring this thread too,

Surprised no one has mentioned the fact that the comfort ironing water is now 2 for 2.50 a far cry from last years price when we were all getting it for nowt! with the one euro PB voucher

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement