Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

snubbleste wrote: »
    It reinforces that they are not more expensive for that product, it is called advertising :)

It seems to me this advertising strategy of Tescos immediately alienates a huge section of their customer base from the intelligent shopper to those who are struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

vicwatson wrote: »
    THE SAME PRICE as the competition, what the hell is the point to that? I want to see that you are CHEAPER than the competition NOT the SAME PRICE :(
    Supervalu do the same thing, showing that they are matching prices with other supermarkets. Supervalu are a smaller shop so many would expect it to be more expensive.

Tesco might realise they also now have a reputation of being a more expensive supermarket. Personally I find them very cheap, but the rip-off Ireland forum has various threads about how much of a 'rip off' they are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

They may be the same price but the Lidl/Aldi quality is much higher.
    Oh, apols going off topic :(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

rubadub wrote: »
    Supervalu do the same thing, showing that they are matching prices with other supermarkets. Supervalu are a smaller shop so many would expect it to be more expensive.

Tesco might realise they also now have a reputation of being a more expensive supermarket. Personally I find them very cheap, but the rip-off Ireland forum has various threads about how much of a 'rip off' they are.

They are cheap, just there are a lot of expensive things you can get in there that you might like, compared to somewhere like lidl. I might go into lidl and spend a tenner, while I might spend 30 in tesco. They have a much bigger range of nicer things. Lidl may have cheaper fruit/chickpeas etc, but tesco have a lot of cheap things too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Quaderno wrote: »
    They may not be the cheapest, but at least they are honest :)

209367.jpg

I've never seen that before...
    This is just brilliant, where was it taken???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

rubadub wrote: »

is that not price fixing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Meanwhile back on topic :D:D :p

Might already be up here but chocolate bargains as follows -

Bounty 4 pack - 1.29

Rolo 4 pack - 1.50

Toffee Crisp 4 pack - 1.29

Twix 4 pack - 1.29

Get munchin' !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Dun laoghaire, 8 pack halogen gu10 50w down to e1.75

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

vicwatson wrote: »
    Meanwhile back on topic :D:D :p

Might already be up here but chocolate bargains as follows -

Bounty 4 pack - 1.29

Rolo 4 pack - 1.50

Toffee Crisp 4 pack - 1.29

Twix 4 pack - 1.29

Get munchin' !

Mars too. I think its a 5 pack. And snickers 4 pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

This is just brilliant, where was it taken???

In the small Tesco in Tralee, but in the meantime I've seen the same sign in the other store here as well. Probably nationwide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭Gormal

for those that buy from the Free from ranges there were a few bargains there today (in Tralee at least) choc chip cookies 99c, Caramel shortcake €1.02, natural fruit & nut bars 42c etc other cakes on offer too as were the small 2 pack of pizza bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Quaderno wrote: »
    In the small Tesco in Tralee, but in the meantime I've seen the same sign in the other store here as well. Probably nationwide.

Ah, Kerry. That explains it. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

Gormal wrote: »
    for those that buy from the Free from ranges there were a few bargains there today (in Tralee at least) choc chip cookies 99c, Caramel shortcake €1.02, natural fruit & nut bars 42c etc other cakes on offer too as were the small 2 pack of pizza bases.

oooooh!! was this in a clearance section or just in the Free from section? Doubt they'll be on offer in Ennis, nothing bloody ever is *grumble grumble* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Saw similar offers in Tesco in Mahon, there seemed to be alot of gluten free things reduced including bread, flour and biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

LavaLamp wrote: »
    oooooh!! was this in a clearance section or just in the Free from section? Doubt they'll be on offer in Ennis, nothing bloody ever is *grumble grumble* :p

OK I take it back, just been and had to rein myself in a little LOL!! Some great gluten free bargains to be had, everything from caramel shortbreads to brown bread flour mix. Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Lots of Free From and other brand gluten free products very well reduced in Athlone this evening. Based on the gaps on the shelves these products are moving fairly quickly but still lots left on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Saw them in Tesco Baggot Street too. Got the shortbreads and some brown rice pasta for 1.49€ or so. They also had some chocolate covered rice cakes, Tesco Free from chocolate cakes, Bjorg Chocolate Soya custards (89 cents for 4), some gluten free brown bread mix and a few more that I don't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

1kg of Tesco own brand Frozen Cauliflower down to 54c, picked up a couple of bags in Mahon earlier.
    Lots of the party things such as streamers/party bag gifts etc half price.
    All the afore mentioned gluten free bargains also available but shelves emptying fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

lindtee wrote: »
    1kg of Tesco own brand Frozen Cauliflower down to 54c, picked up a couple of bags in Mahon earlier.
    Lots of the party things such as streamers/party bag gifts etc half price.
    All the afore mentioned gluten free bargains also available but shelves emptying fast.

Thanks for the heads up managed to pick up some party stuff to put by for my girls partys now just need to put them somewhere safe so I dont actually forget about them.......again :)

they had 8 pack of party bags for 6c the large confetti things ( I believe thats the correct name ;) ) for 12cent each and 3 packs of the smaller ones for 38cent also had 8pack pink/blue paper plates for 35 cent and pink/blue plastic table cloths for 45 cent. seen stickers up for the napkins reduced as well but they had none left in stock at my local tesco think these were 25 cent. also had some glow sticks reduced to 70 cent.
    The ice fountain candles are down from 6 euro to 4 euro girl working there said she thinks they're gonna get reduced again for newer ones coming in so keep an eye out got them the last time they reduced them for 56 cent.

Cool tip for the glow sticks if you crack them and then open the stick and pour into a jar of water you have a really cool and fun looking center piece for table decoration. would advise putting the lid on the jar though to avoid spills or kids trying to stick their hands in it. also handy to put by for halloween to use instead of candles for the pumpkins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

damian139 wrote: »
    Dun laoghaire, 8 pack halogen gu10 50w down to e1.75

all gone now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭brian888

Rolson Multi Tool & Pen Torch for €1.60 ! I bought mine at Tesco in Prussia Street,Dublin 7. This type of pen knife normally sells for around €20 + I found it next to the BBQ aisle. Selling out pretty quick so go get one !

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Well I ordered
    15 Fullers London Pride 4X500ml Cans and guess what? The genius that picked the order obviously couldn't get their head around the 4x500ml bit and sent me 15 cans. Driver refunded the money so I got the cans for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colhickey

Vivanco flat screen cleaning system (for LCD, LED, TFT and Plasma screens) - contains soft brush, microfibre cloth and cleaning fluid.

Reduced a couple of times from €14.99 down to €9.89 on the shelf. Brought to register to be charged €4.93 today in Tesco Ballybeg (Waterford) - nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I emptied Mahon Point out of Fullers London Pride earlier, the lady on the checkout almost had a fit when I told her the price on the shelf was €1.99 for four :D
    I also picked up a few 1L bottles of Captain Morgan for €20, the space on the shelf where they should be was empty but I noticed there was a good few hidden behind the 70cl bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pinklady1308

Just picked up a Russell Hobbs Brushed Steel two slice toaster in Tesco Tallaght for 15.00 euro:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Guinness, Carlsberg, Heineken, Budweiser and Bulmers slabs are €24. Max 4 per customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mama.

kn wrote: »
    Guinness, Carlsberg, Heineken, Budweiser and Bulmers slabs are €24. Max 4 per customer.

Do you know are the Bulmers packs of 18 or 24? Bottoms up either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Mama. wrote: »
    Do you know are the Bulmers packs of 18 or 24? Bottoms up either way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Bulmers 24 can slabs are not included, in Naas anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement