Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

kn wrote: »
    Becks Vier 10x440ml cans €5.

Stella 4% 12x440ml cans €5.

I picked up the last box of the Becks in the Crescent this evening.
    They seemed to have loads of Stella left.
    A staff member they that I know told me that on Wednesday Heineken and Budweiser will be reduced to 24 x 500 ml cans will be reduced to 24 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

amiable wrote: »
    I picked up the last box of the Becks in the Crescent this evening.
    They seemed to have loads of Stella left.
    A staff member they that I know told me that on Wednesday Heineken and Budweiser will be reduced to 24 x 500 ml cans will be reduced to 24 euro

Sure will, along with Guinness, Coors, Bulmers................

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78915441#post78915441

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

loads of bargain items in the partyware section: paper cups (8) and plates (8): 70 cents each. Paper napkins (16): 70 cents. Party bags (8): 85 cents. Invites (8): 90 cents. Also other things like baloons, tableclothes, party favours, etc...

A few bargains in the gardening department, got 2 pots of basil and a pot of lavender (grow your own: you get the seeds, the pot and some soil): 56 cents each.
    Also a windowsill tomato planter, complete with seeds and soil, for 2.85€ reduced from over 7 euros

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Gibs wrote: »
    Tesco currently have a Toshiba Satellite C660 CQ57 Laptop for sale for €299 (reduced from €349 a few days ago).
    Best price I've seen - PC World have it for 347 and Argos for 349

Not for people who want a high spec machine but a nice basic laptop at a good price

AMD E300
    2M RAM 1066MHZ
    320G HDD
    DVD-RW
    W-LAN
    15.6 inch HD LED
    WIN 7 HOME Premium
    Lads anyone see any of these in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Does Tesco Dundrum have a reduced section?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Lads anyone see any of these in cork

Wouldn't bother, I brought it back this morning. Performance was really bad.
    Even with the 4GB RAM you get with it, the on board graphics are poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

A2LUE42 wrote: »

What were you expecting?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Ricky91t wrote: »
    A2LUE42 wrote: »

What were you expecting?!

Something capable of running a few youtube videos. Not expecting a gaming rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

The E300 is not great in the processing power side of things but it actually has reasonably OK graphics with the 6310.
    http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bobcat/AMD-E%20Series%20E-300.html
    That should be enough to take on HD videos, so if you are struggling with youtube, then either flash or your video drivers are out of date.

I don't want to be veering this off topic, so if need any further help, you can take it to one of the technology forums or PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

Was in Tescos today getting the 24 cans for €24 deal. I noticed while I was there they had a buy one get one free deal on Lucozade sport 4 packs(original, lite, berry etc). I got 8 bottles for roughly €4.90 which is just over 61 cent a bottle. One bottle of these costs over €2.50 in some shops and garages. I've stocked up for match days :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I picked up 10 chicken fillets for €10 and a pack of 16 Denny sausages for €2 yesterday in Ballybrack. When I got home there was a Tesco flyer in the letterbox, it looks like these deals will be in all Tescos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Tesco in Carrick-on-Shannon have loads of Technika 32" HD ready digital lcd/dvd tvs for €259.(Introductory offer) It is model number LCD32-56Droi.

Details listed on box are:
    SAORVIEW approved
    HD Ready 720p
    Built in DVD player
    USB media player function
    1366x768 screen resolution
    4000:1 contrast ratio
    450 cd/m2 screen brightness

Their UK website has the LCD32-56D listed as follows (I'm assuming roi refers to the irish market?)
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/technika-32-56d-32-widescreen-hd-ready-lcd-tv-dvd-combi-with-freeview/210-5905.prd

Probably not the greatest tele in the world but i'm sure it would be handy for someone looking for a cheapish combi

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Grolsh 6pk (275ml) in Tesco Ashbourne €3 (however going off today).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Grolsh 6pk (275ml) in Tesco Ashbourne €3 (however going off today).

Great deal. Beer doesn't go off :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tesco,Artane Castle.

Packs of Minstrels and Aero Bubbles reduced from 2 euro 80 cents to 1 euro 49 cents.

Pringles cans of crisps (all flavours) reduced to 1 euro 49 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

paddy147 wrote: »
    Tesco,Artane Castle.

Pringles cans of crisps (all flavours) reduced to 1 euro 49 cents.

These are available in all tescos as far as I know. The caveat is that Pringles are rarely at full price, they are either at half price of buy one get one free. For a few weeks in the year they do sell at that ludicrous 2.50 or whatever a pack.
    For what it's worth, I prefer Aldi's Stackers at €1.29 a tube, but each to their own.

Supervalu have a few decent offers on at present (all ending today though):

SV Ice Cream (supposedly Ben and Jerry type stuff) €2 per tub

Sirloin Steak at €8.45 per kg (that's a good price, know nothing about the quality, but they do say it has been matured).

4 pack of small toblerones for €1.35 or the same for Terry's Orange bars (never knew these existed before).

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Tescos own brand of pringle type crisps are good too. Thicker than pringles and they don't have that aftertaste! Think they cost around 99c per tube ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

floor-b3.jpg

Malones Lavender NAT floor cleaner
    500ML + 50% EXTRA FREE 750ML
    2.45 0.40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 teachem

msg11 wrote: »
    floor-b3.jpg

Malones Lavender NAT floor cleaner
    500ML + 50% EXTRA FREE 750ML
    2.45 0.40

Where are these on sale?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

teachem wrote: »

None in Celbridge...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

teachem wrote: »

None in Lucan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Artane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

BDJW wrote: »
    I picked up 10 chicken fillets for €10

unless things have changed recently, these are pumped full of water, and are only 80% chicken

BDJW wrote: »
    I picked up 10 chicken fillets for €10

unless things have changed recently, these are pumped full of water, and are only 80% chicken
    Its not actually a bargain. Most butchers offer 5 chicken fillets for €5.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Ya tescos are great value,sick of dunnes and the local places,they sometimes put their prices up and i wouldnt mind but theres nothing to put the price up over..Today i got...

Got 2 red thai prawn curries for 4 euros

Ferrero roches on offer for 1.99 some while back

Their soups are amazing (good selection too) for 2 euros

Strawberries (fresh ones) 2 for 5 euros

3 pack of fish for 2 euros

Coffee 3 euros

Theres always great bargains there,or mark downs too,nothing is ever too expensive there,i even got a pack of flowers on the way out for 1.24E

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

got a pretty decent plastic shelving unit that was mentioned earlier.
    Now reduced to 6.58

Dimensions are 21*15*56 (inches)

Martini Rosata 1L is on offer for €8 - reduced from €11.88. However Martini Rosata 75cl is marked as €4 and not on special. Would that be a good bargain at that price? What price is a bottle of Martini elsewhere?
    Edit - from checking out online stores the average price of a 70cl bottle is €9. Going to pick up a few bottles as its a tasty aperitif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Martini Rosata 1L is on offer for €8 - reduced from €11.88. However Martini Rosata 75cl is marked as €4 and not on special. Would that be a good bargain at that price? What price is a bottle of Martini elsewhere?

15% vol. Hmmmmmmmm dunno if I'd bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    These are available in all tescos as far as I know. The caveat is that Pringles are rarely at full price, they are either at half price of buy one get one free. For a few weeks in the year they do sell at that ludicrous 2.50 or whatever a pack.

Totally agree with this. Although Tesco in Celbridge were selling Pringles 2 for €4 yesterday with an original price of €3.19 each!!! No tube of Pringles has ever been that price in a supermarket. A complete bait and switch as far as I am concerned by the manufacturer/distributor and Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Mama.

Disney's Marie cooler bag and drinks bottle - €1.12 loads in Claremorris!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement