Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭losttheplot

msg11 wrote: »
    Had a nickname for people like her, vultures .

The best I saw was a bloke in Tesco Ballybrack last week opening a number of frozen pizza boxes until he found one with enough topping on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

The best I saw was a bloke in Tesco Ballybrack last week opening a number of frozen pizza boxes until he found one with enough topping on it.
    i can top that ... a mid 20s well dressed attractive lady sticks her finger in hummus, licks it, doesn't like it, sticks it in different flavor tub, licks it, likes it, and takes a fresh tub of that flavor ... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

davoxx wrote: »
    a mid 20s well dressed attractive lady sticks her finger in hummus, licks it
    You sure they weren't taping for some sort of hummus fetish site? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Kathy22 wrote: »
    Really need to get more chocolate :D

Going to have to hit up Artane again as Tesco Cabra is USELESS for any form of a bargain! They are normally good with reductions in the fridge clearance section but last night when I went in some woman literally WIPED the shelves clean by racking everything into her trolly then putting back what she didn't want.

Was in Cabra around 11.30am today, they had loads of the Cadbuary KOKO left (full box on the top storage shelf with a sticker saying over stocked product), loads of the Ferrero Rocher 24 box left.

The Dairy Milk box's are back to €4.99, the rest of the 75% off shelves were empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

lindtee wrote: »
    Even worse, is what I saw once is people filling their trollies with the stuff they wanted before the final mark down in the evening and then hand it to the guy to price it down:eek:

Tesco? I didnt think they had a set time for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Just back from Finglas and the Dairy Milk scanned at 4.99 but there were loads of the Thorntons 214gm priced at 2.49. They are BB Oct 2012 and are in the clearance section.

Lindt truffles are still 1.49 for the mixed packet and white choc. The dark choc is still 5.99.

No sign of any Ferrero Rochers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Nudger I agree Cabra is like a Tesco Express, it NEVER has any bargains. Although it's only down the road from me, I have gone back to shopping in Clearwater. Much better shop all round :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

Got some of the dairy boxes in celbridge this evening at the reduced price. Was about half a dozen left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Can I just mention something about Tesco. The programme on RTE is going on about Irish logos for buying Irish.

Anyway there's quite a simple way of buying Irish with Tesco, on the SEL label there is a shamrock if it's Irish. Simple really !

Now granted it is a more very simple way of doing it, but it's quick and too the point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I think alot of people look at the price more so than where the item is made.

Recession equals cheapest possible price and best value for money,for alot of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

flutegirl wrote: »
    Are these prices marked up or just scanning incorrectly?
    They were marked down over the weekend over all the tescos, but the Artane branch still had the full price up on the shelves so I got lots of bargains :D:D:D

et101 wrote: »
    Nudger I agree Cabra is like a Tesco Express, it NEVER has any bargains. Although it's only down the road from me, I have gone back to shopping in Clearwater. Much better shop all round :rolleyes:

We do the same, the Saturday shop is Lidl and Clearwater.

The fruit and veg and meat product quality and variety in Cabra is very poor.

The basics have been neglected, too much chocolate.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tesco are revamping all their Uk stores,due to big losses for the 1st time in over 15 years.

The revamp will also be done on the Irish Tescos aswell.

All the other supermarket chains have made up big ground on Tesco,and in some cases surpassed Tesco,so thats why Tesco are revamping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

They're not making losses, their UK profits are just down to 'only' £2.5 billion, its first decline in about 20 years, but their international profit is up. Big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The revamp will also be done on the Irish Tescos aswell.

This has already been done in the largest Tescos in Ireland.

Final reductions for fresh items is usually 8pm for a 24 hour store or 6:30 for a store closing at 10pm, but stores can tweek those times.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Less chit-chat about store revamps here lads please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bought a 6 pack of Creme Eggs in clearwater for €1.07,more than 100 packs left.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

no bargain choc left in Clare Hall or Bagoot Street. They spaced out the other chocolates to fill the gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

nudger wrote: »
    We do the same, the Saturday shop is Lidl and Clearwater.

The fruit and veg and meat product quality and variety in Cabra is very poor.

The basics have been neglected, too much chocolate.:D

Can you ever have too much chocolate!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

You can never have too much chocolate.

I went to Cabra and there was nothing left. I then ventured over to Finglas and managed to get small boxes of Maltesers for 49 cent and by the time I did a return trip down the same aisle, they were gone. Staff must have gotten them.

Managed to also get a box of Lindt that was hidden at the back of the shelf. They are divine!

Seems the 2.49 price for the 214gm of Thorntons has been removed but didnt scan it so dont know if it still scans at 2.49 or 9.99.

Happy days indeed. Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

redalan wrote: »

I went to Cabra and there was nothing left. I then ventured over to Finglas and managed to get small boxes of Maltesers for 49 cent and by the time I did a return trip down the same aisle, they were gone. Staff must have gotten them.

Managed to also get a box of Lindt that was hidden at the back of the shelf. They are divine!

Seems the 2.49 price for the 214gm of Thorntons has been removed but didnt scan it so dont know if it still scans at 2.49 or 9.99.

Hope you were on the bike, you'd want to be getting a few bargains to take account of the fuel usage. With normal city driving in a petrol car, that trip would be the guts of 2 litres which is about €3.30!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Hope you were on the bike, you'd want to be getting a few bargains to take account of the fuel usage. With normal city driving in a petrol car, that trip would be the guts of 2 litres which is about €3.30!!

Sweet suffering Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

Watch out for the Cadbury's chocolate currently on special offer in Tesco!!

I posted this in a Dunnes Stores thread a couple of years ago:
    "thought the Dairy Milk tasted different ... back of the pack shows it's Cadbury's UK chocolate and not made with our creamier cows milk "

The Irish Cadbury's choc has "Love Irish Food" label on the front and some reference to an Irish address at the back.
    The UK stuff has some logo about Olympics London 2012 on the front.

Big difference in taste, the UK stuff tastes like muck! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

rok wrote: »
    Watch out for the Cadbury's chocolate currently on special offer in Tesco!!

I posted this in a Dunnes Stores thread a couple of years ago:
    "thought the Dairy Milk tasted different ... back of the pack shows it's Cadbury's UK chocolate and not made with our creamier cows milk "

The Irish Cadbury's choc has "Love Irish Food" label on the front and some reference to an Irish address at the back.
    The UK stuff has some logo about Olympics London 2012 on the front.

Big difference in taste, the UK stuff tastes like muck! :)

All Cadbury's choc tastes like muck, but at least it's cheap muck, happy days.
    I'm off to Tesco to buy my weight in cheap muck.

redalan wrote: »

Did you see my earlier post where I said there was a full box of KOKO packets up on the top stock shelf in Cabra, I doubt the staff stocked it yet, they are the truffle assortment, €5.00 on shelf, @ €1.49 "they'er Greeeaaat"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

54kroc wrote: »
    All Cadbury's choc tastes like muck, but at least it's cheap muck, happy days.
    I'm off to Tesco to buy my weight in cheap muck.

I disagree! Although it has a slightly powdery texture I still think it's really nice, definitely one of the best cheaper varieties of chocolate (2nd only to galaxy IMO but they're different flavours really) and I prefer it to Thorntons myself! It's no green&black or lindt though. I think I got the big bar (400g I think, little less size-wise than an A4 sheet I'd estimate!) for 2.49ish the other day, was down from €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Tesco Lucan has a good few boxes of white lindt truffles for 1.49 but no sign of much else. A mini thorntons easter bunny for 64c and an aero sheep for 22c

Also a 4 pack of glazed donuts is only 99c right now and they taste feckin amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

nudger wrote: »
    Did you see my earlier post where I said there was a full box of KOKO packets up on the top stock shelf in Cabra, I doubt the staff stocked it yet, they are the truffle assortment, €5.00 on shelf, @ €1.49 "they'er Greeeaaat"

Lots of these chocolates today in Clearwater , they were either marked as 4.99 or 5.99 , cant remember but they scanned at 1.49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Cadburys Cream Eggs x 6 - 75% off @ €1.05 for the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Better value than the 6 pack is the 12 pack for €1-87, I am seriously stocked up for the year :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement