Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

shocked...ballybeg had 5 customers in 24 hrs?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

What's Ballybag? :confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 22,032 ✭✭✭✭Esel

blue-army wrote: »
    Na, they were gone by Wednesday afternoon! :(
    Have you checked Adverts, DoneDeal etc? If they are being advertised and the seller is in your county, you have a prime suspect..... :p

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

9 pack of Tesco Luxury white toilet paper in Clearwater yesterday for €2.80. Looked in Cabra today but none there - although Cabra rarely seems to have ANY bargains! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭uli84

Et101-were they marked at that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Cars 2 Monopoly reduced to €10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Scanning at €5.69 on home shopping...

IDShot_225x225.jpg

uli84 wrote: »
    Et101-were they marked at that?

Yes they were marked reduced in Clearwater on Friday but as I said they were full price in Cabra so not sure if it was only in FInglas. Will have another look tomorrow and let you know if they are still reduced ;)

Galaxy orange and shortbread 120g bar reduced to 69c mmmmm.

Had another look ior the reduced toiletrolls in Clearwater today and they are still reduced but none in stock!! Might be worth keeping a look out for them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Galaxy orange and shortbread 120g bar reduced to 69c mmmmm.

Got them in the Killbarack store. Also in the same store, loads of reduction on the "ethnic" foods: I bought everything to make sushi (Nori seaweeds, rice vinegar, wasabi, sushi rice, miso soup....), a jar of Morrocan stew sauce, a jar of sweet chili sauce, a falafel mix pack. All for between 69 cents and 1.49 euros. Also loads of sauces like Thai curry, chili con carne, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

Nanazolie wrote: »
    Got them in the Killbarack store. Also in the same store, loads of reduction on the "ethnic" foods: I bought everything to make sushi (Nori seaweeds, rice vinegar, wasabi, sushi rice, miso soup....), a jar of Morrocan stew sauce, a jar of sweet chili sauce, a falafel mix pack. All for between 69 cents and 1.49 euros. Also loads of sauces like Thai curry, chili con carne, etc...

All round to yours for dinner so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Guess who extra down to €6, paid €12 for it a couple of weeks back:(
    51j25V10anL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Got Trivial Pursuit "Bet you Know it" game for €5.50 though and Taboo for €7
    513QqVkBLzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg51Jqu-w66HL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Plug in Glade things, touch and fresh things, in winter scents, 75% off. Most were sold out though in the "reduced" shelf

Lots of reductions in the "ethnic" foods as mentioned but nothing that caught my eye.

Still a few of the 62c 230g Whole Nut bars to be found, but they are becoming rare:(

Diaries and Calenders at 75% off. Got a Charlie and Lola Calender for about €1.62:cool:

Certain Tuc biscuits, oat biscuits and rice cakes were reduced but most were out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/hornby-train-set-lowland-carrier-half-price-60-tesco-direct-1037591?mforwarded=true

The above Hornby Lowland Carrier train set only 37 euro at Tesco Arklow!!!!!

Got one, three remaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

And cool fx light sabres now 11 euro in tesco arklow...

Didnt get one, the train set was enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 honeybea

Bought bottle of Baileys on offer today in Tesco Carrick-on-Shannon today for 10 Euro..

honeybea wrote: »
    Bought bottle of Baileys on offer today in Tesco Carrick-on-Shannon today for 10 Euro..

€10 cant be right. Am going to check Tesco Extra Naas now!.
    Was in small Tesco in Naas yesterday and bought 2 bottles of spanish wine on offer for €10. When paid at checkout discount wasn't applied. Went to customer services and they were really nice and gave me double the amount I was overcharged back. Got me 2 bottles of wine for less than €5.
    Pity they were not as good with the refund on overcharging in Tesco Extra Naas. Always getting overcharged there and they only give you back the overcharge amount and make you feel as if you were in the wrong!.
    Why have Tesco Ireland not got a clear and consistent policy on overcharging?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

€10 cant be right. Am going to check Tesco Extra Naas now!.
    Was in small Tesco in Naas yesterday and bought 2 bottles of spanish wine on offer for €10. When paid at checkout discount wasn't applied. Went to customer services and they were really nice and gave me double the amount I was overcharged back. Got me 2 bottles of wine for less than €5.
    Pity they were not as good with the refund on overcharging in Tesco Extra Naas. Always getting overcharged there and they only give you back the overcharge amount and make you feel as if you were in the wrong!.
    Why have Tesco Ireland not got a clear and consistent policy on overcharging?

€10 is right, got an email today to say it was on offer at that price :) Regarding their policy on overcharging, there should be a sign up behind the CS desk or behind the tills about it. If a store is not giving double the difference contact head office and complain, they will only give the amount overcharged if they get away with it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

The corporate policy used be that if you were overcharged that you got the item free. They changed it last June/July to double the difference (depending on the difference they may even end up paying you). The guidelines from head office state that the stores policies must be displayed prominently at the customer service desk- look for it on the wall there- if it isn't there- something strange is happening......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Poop Scoop Bags 37 cent

Got these tonight €0.37 for 60,

1325536963-97639900.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

snubbleste wrote: »
    Tesco Omega 3 fish oil 1000mg 30 capsules 63c
    These are now 3 for 2.
    In comparison the 90 capsule tub is €4.85

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

smccarrick wrote: »
    The corporate policy used be that if you were overcharged that you got the item free. They changed it last June/July to double the difference (depending on the difference they may even end up paying you). The guidelines from head office state that the stores policies must be displayed prominently at the customer service desk- look for it on the wall there- if it isn't there- something strange is happening......

No longer posted at customer service in coonagh, not since it changed to x2 the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Tesco bargain shop in Athlone today:

Before I start - I know it's March but they are clearing off some Christmas items at silly prices.

Sets of Disney Christmas Wrapping Paper in a pack - 4 x 2m plus 8 large bows plus 2 x 10m curling ribbon 25 cent

Christmas Crackers
    Large Luxury Crackers €2
    Medium Size Crackers 50 cents and 30 cents
    Small Crackers 15 cents

Large set of Christmas Tree decorations and Baubles 74 cents (approx 50 pieces)
    Set of Christmas Baubles - in plastic tube approx 1 mtr long 15 cents

Other Christmas Tree decorations 15 cents

Christmas Cards and decorations were half price - probably not cheap enough to buy at this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Poop Scoop Bags 37 cent

Got these tonight €0.37 for 60,

1325536963-97639900.jpg

Thats a "crap" offer...lol....:D...sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

da_hambo wrote: »
    And cool fx light sabres now 11 euro in tesco arklow...

Didnt get one, the train set was enough!

2.75 in Tesco Portlaoise.

Loads of clearances in toy section. Thor action figures 1.50. Various board games marked down too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

In Tesco in the crescent today, Limerick, Bakugan Colossus reduced from 47.99 to 12.00, also some zhu zhu and kung zhu toys reduced to 1.50/2.50. Didn't notice other stuff - but they have quite a lot of toys reduced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

angeldaisy wrote: »
    In Tesco in the crescent today, Limerick, Bakugan Colossus reduced from 47.99 to 12.00, also some zhu zhu and kung zhu toys reduced to 1.50/2.50. Didn't notice other stuff - but they have quite a lot of toys reduced

Might be worth stocking up for Christmas, there, I've said the C word, its almost that time of year again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

smccarrick wrote: »

Do you happen to have a link for that? I thought they ended that policy completely - I'd be delighted to stand corrected!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Rasmus wrote: »
    Do you happen to have a link for that? I thought they ended that policy completely - I'd be delighted to stand corrected!
    Call your local Tesco's customer service and enquire about policy on overcharging customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 deeaunty

They have it up behind the customer service in Naas extra store - its at the bottom of the sign and they seem to place items in front of it - not sure if it's on purpose or accidentally.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement