Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got an apparently (and I'm entirely certain it is) custom clubcard points voucher mailing just there - first pages are all extra points on stuff I've stopped buying in Tesco in the last year; and all roughly for the price difference to the competition - e.g. Lyons Tea 160 which is usually on offer for a fiver, 210 points which brings it close to McGraths in Aldi price-wise.

The only ones I've never bought are for a 6 pack of apples and a multi-pack of Twirls which both seem a bit random. I suspect everyone else will be getting much the same thing arriving soon.

The blurb claims its for "your big festive shop" but not a single item is "festive" - its obvious a desperate data-mine of Clubcard history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was in Tesco Clearwater yesterday and they had 185g packets of Smoked Applewood Cheese for €1.56. I'm not sure if this is a miss price or what but for me it is a bargain as I normally buy it in Dunnes where it is sold at €3 for 150g making the Tesco option better than half price of what Dunnes are.

Anyway smoked applewood cheese is absolutely superb grated on top of homemade burgers so I stocked up and bought four of them as they were so cheap and expiry dates were late Jan 2015. I hope its not a miss price but I suspect it is as cheese has tended to get more expensive over the last few years, not less.

tesco are funny with their cheeses, we buy bags of grated mozzarella for pizza's and the tesco ones are cheaper and have a bigger weight per bag than any other retailer/brand. on the other hand, the chedder blocks are more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

hoodwinked wrote: »
    was that the iron man with the blue 4+ label? the one with the red 4+ label is the reduced one!

Went out to Wilton again at lunchtime, all the red 4+ label ones gone, they were probably gone yesterday too as I scanned a few of the Iron Man figures. Well done to boardsies who got them!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Anyway smoked applewood cheese is absolutely superb grated on top of homemade burgers so I stocked up and bought four of them as they were so cheap and expiry dates were late Jan 2015. I hope its not a miss price but I suspect it is as cheese has tended to get more expensive over the last few years, not less.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget you can freeze cheese and when it's frozen it's really easy to grate! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

hoodwinked wrote: »
    tesco are funny with their cheeses, we buy bags of grated mozzarella for pizza's and the tesco ones are cheaper and have a bigger weight per bag than any other retailer/brand. on the other hand, the chedder blocks are more expensive.

Yeah Im not that frequent a Tesco shopper but I've been buying smoked applewood cheese now for a fair few years and Dunnes was the only place where I could seem to find it consistently, albeit at a quite pricey €3 for 150g. Sometimes Dunnes have 3 for the price of 2 offers on their premium cheeses but not always. Yesterday was the first time I'd ever seen smoked applewood in Tesco, maybe they've been selling it a while I'm not sure but I do seem to recall looking out for it before in there and not seeing any. Regardless €1.56 for 185g is a superb price and I'll be getting it there from now on.
    et101 wrote: »

Don't forget you can freeze cheese and when it's frozen it's really easy to grate! :)

Never knew you could freeze it, I'd always kinda thought it being dairy it wouldn't be a good idea to freeze. Do you tend to find it looses much flavour when doing so ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

L1011 wrote: »
    Got an apparently (and I'm entirely certain it is) custom clubcard points voucher mailing just there - first pages are all extra points on stuff I've stopped buying in Tesco in the last year; and all roughly for the price difference to the competition - e.g. Lyons Tea 160 which is usually on offer for a fiver, 210 points which brings it close to McGraths in Aldi price-wise.

The only ones I've never bought are for a 6 pack of apples and a multi-pack of Twirls which both seem a bit random. I suspect everyone else will be getting much the same thing arriving soon.

The blurb claims its for "your big festive shop" but not a single item is "festive" - its obvious a desperate data-mine of Clubcard history.

Got something very similar this week, loads of points for items which I currently buy there every week, multiply them by 4 (I almost always use them for boosts - great for kids days outs etc) and I'm nearly getting them for free at worst!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah Im not that frequent a Tesco shopper but I've been buying smoked applewood cheese now for a fair few years and Dunnes was the only place where I could seem to find it consistently, albeit at a quite pricey €3 for 150g. Sometimes Dunnes have 3 for the price of 2 offers on their premium cheeses but not always. Yesterday was the first time I'd ever seen smoked applewood in Tesco, maybe they've been selling it a while I'm not sure but I do seem to recall looking out for it before in there and not seeing any. Regardless €1.56 for 185g is a superb price and I'll be getting it there from now on.

Never knew you could freeze it, I'd always kinda thought it being dairy it wouldn't be a good idea to freeze. Do you tend to find it looses much flavour when doing so ?

No, it depends on the cheese, some cheddars can be very crumbly, but in general, it comes out perfectly, I've half a freezer full of reduced price stilton at present, take a bit out every week (helps the salad leaves go down!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

L1011 wrote: »

I got mine today, it's for everything we buy monthly, nothing random, all vouchers will be used, it's great they match it with your shopping habits

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Never knew you could freeze it, I'd always kinda thought it being dairy it wouldn't be a good idea to freeze. Do you tend to find it looses much flavour when doing so ?[/QUOTE]

I don't find freezing cheese alters the flavour as I usually use it in cooking but if you were eating it 'raw!' you would obviously bring it back to room temperature. I find it very handy for parmesan and reduced cheeses ;)

Lads what happened to all the bargains? It seem to have turned into some sort of cheese appreciation thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Lads what happened to all the bargains? It seem to have turned into some sort of cheese appreciation thread.

the 25% of the 6 bottles of wine ends Sunday according to the tesco leaflet in my door this morning.

also the box of 20 tayto's or king crisps is €4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

You can stack lidl vouchers (10 off 50) and tesco vouchers together (I had 6euro off 40)

So I had 16 off a 50 shop, I also used my normal club card vouchers to knock off a few more quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

received a text to say my tablet order was ready for collection. but when i went in, i was told it was a mistake and it won't be there till the 6th. i was told that i would definitely get it for the reserved price of 139.99 tho. but it probably means no €20 voucher....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

GaGa21 wrote: »
    received a text to say my tablet order was ready for collection. but when i went in, i was told it was a mistake and it won't be there till the 6th. i was told that i would definitely get it for the reserved price of 139.99 tho. but it probably means no €20 voucher....

wrong thread i think :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭cindrella

Anyone know when selection boxes are going to be reduced?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭Speak Now

cindrella wrote: »
    Anyone know when selection boxes are going to be reduced?

26th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

A lot of the smaller/medium size selection boxes are 3 for €5 from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

dunworth1 wrote:
    wrong thread i think 

You're right! Sorry bout that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 pkkil

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    You can stack lidl vouchers (10 off 50) and tesco vouchers together (I had 6euro off 40)

So I had 16 off a 50 shop, I also used my normal club card vouchers to knock off a few more quid.
    where is every one getting the tesco vouchers please

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Just to try to get the thread seem back on track they have 18 packs of coke (I assume they've diet coke and coke zero too) for €6. Seems to be running to Christmas Eve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

pkkil wrote: »
    where is every one getting the tesco vouchers please

With the recent clubcard mailing, sent out about 3 weeks ago, it would seem a number of clubcard holders got 3 €6 off €40 instore spend, valid on 3 consecutive weeks, which some people are stacking with the Aldi/Lidl €10 off €50 vouchers that have been available in the Sunday Independent/World (possibly again this weekend? Not certain of this) as Tesco are accepting their competitors' money off vouchers also. So, spend over €50, get €10 using Aldi/Lidl coupon, total spend is still over €40, use the €6 off €40 coupon posted out to get a total of €16 off a €50 spend instore.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I shop in tesco all the time and i never got any vouchers just the usual 15 extra points if you buy a certain butter:mad::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Feel free to post some :p:p:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 zuppycool

ncur wrote: »
    With the recent clubcard mailing, sent out about 3 weeks ago, it would seem a number of clubcard holders got 3 €6 off €40 instore spend, valid on 3 consecutive weeks, which some people are stacking with the Aldi/Lidl €10 off €50 vouchers that have been available in the Sunday Independent/World (possibly again this weekend? Not certain of this) as Tesco are accepting their competitors' money off vouchers also. So, spend over €50, get €10 using Aldi/Lidl coupon, total spend is still over €40, use the €6 off €40 coupon posted out to get a total of €16 off a €50 spend instore.

Went to my local tesco last week and tried this but the manager said they wont take clubcard and the lidl/aldi coupons together,

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kingcrowley

Black version 50% off so €50. White version still €100. Decent reviews online

Also handily can use the Aldi/Lidl voucher so I just got mine for €40

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Medium selection boxes 3 for € 5

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Be careful with selection boxes just got them only 2 rang in cost me 9 euro instead of 5, went back in and got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

casio4 wrote: »
    I shop in tesco all the time and i never got any vouchers just the usual 15 extra points if you buy a certain butter:mad::mad:

I got them as till splits 3 weeks running, 8 off 50,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

raytaxi wrote: »
    Be careful with selection boxes just got them only 2 rang in cost me 9 euro instead of 5, went back in and got it sorted.

Happened me today too....price said 1.99 so bought 2 and realised when checked receipt was charged 3.99 and 5.49 and went back within 30 mins and lady had just changed all the stickers on the shelf so I just got a refund and didnt bother arguing the point, but it was lucky I checked as the shopping was over 200 euro and could have missed it...:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement