Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Smurphy

Went to my local tesco last week and tried this but the manager said they wont take clubcard and the lidl/aldi coupons together

I have been able to combine a Lidl voucher with Tesco Clubcard voucher a few times...never a problem. However, what you cannot do is combine Lidl and Aldi vouchers in one transaction. They only take one competitor coupon per transaction. Although I was in Tesco Naas last night and had Lidl and Aldi vouchers. I asked the girl on the till to stop when she had scanned through 50 euro worth of stuff...paid for that and gave a Lidl voucher. Then she resumed and I paid for the rest and used the Aldi voucher. She had no problems doing this and she said they do it there all the time. So I got a 140 euro shop for 120 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

zuppycool wrote: »
    Went to my local tesco last week and tried this but the manager said they wont take clubcard and the lidl/aldi coupons together,

Self checkout, get them to process the competitor voucher and then scan the club card one yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Just to clarify Clubcard vouchers €3/4/10/20 off €0 a shop should be accepted along with a €10 off €40/50 voucher x1. Depends on the operator if they take the Clubcard €10 off €40 shop I don't see why not as the till never throws out an error.

If there are any issues, break your shop up into two, ask when it hits the target amount to finalize the transaction. You can put two competitors voucher into the system at once, so usually if it the total amount comes to say €130, and the vouchers combined hit over the total together I would put them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Amlee

Will tesco take supervalue vouchers? Going to tesco wilton later cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Amlee wrote: »
    Will tesco take supervalue vouchers? Going to tesco wilton later cheers

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

casio4 wrote: »
    I shop in tesco all the time and i never got any vouchers just the usual 15 extra points if you buy a certain butter:mad::mad:

They sent me out spend €110 and get €17 off - might as well not have bothered, rarely spend that much on a shop. Supervalu send me €7 of €30 shop - wouldn't even give Tesco the custom by going in there and using it, I'll stick with Supervalu.

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    They sent me out spend €110 and get €17 off - might as well not have bothered, rarely spend that much on a shop.

That's the point - they want you to spend more.

None of these promotions are ever intended as "rewards", they're incentives to start spending more money there. Ditto "loyalty" programmes - you give them data to mine and try to upsell you in return for a few baubles in return.

The less you spent at Tesco the lower the voucher kick-in point got, from 6 off 40 upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

L1011 wrote: »
    That's the point - they want you to spend more.

None of these promotions are ever intended as "rewards", they're incentives to start spending more money there. Ditto "loyalty" programmes - you give them data to mine and try to upsell you in return for a few baubles in return.

The less you spent at Tesco the lower the voucher kick-in point got, from 6 off 40 upwards.

The last few times they've sent me the higher one - I haven't used one of them ... except I will admit to stocking up on my Christmas wine with one when they had 25% off 6 bottles, met a friend in there I haven't seen in ages, she thought I was having a party without inviting her :D Threatened me with an intervention when she realised I wasn't :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Pipmae

murphm45 wrote: »
    Just to try to get the thread seem back on track they have 18 packs of coke (I assume they've diet coke and coke zero too) for €6. Seems to be running to Christmas Eve!
    I was in Millfield, Balbriggan today and they also had 7up, Diet 7up, Club Orange and Coke for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

I received a Supervalu ''Platinum card'' in the post a few weeks back, 15% off until the 4th of January, does this count as a competitor voucher and can it be used in Tesco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

Dancor wrote: »
    I received a Supervalu ''Platinum card'' in the post a few weeks back, 15% off until the 4th of January, does this count as a competitor voucher and can it be used in Tesco?

That's a discount card not a voucher so wouldn't be accepted.

Dancor wrote: »

No, the only vouchers accepted are direct, single use vouchers for an amount off.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 zuppycool

L1011 wrote: »
    Self checkout, get them to process the competitor voucher and then scan the club card one yourself.

Did that today and worked no problem! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,360 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

vicwatson wrote: »
    Medium selection boxes 3 for € 5
    bought 6 and saved 17 euro , cant believe they where actually 4.50 each:eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Must be something wrong as I didn't get any €6 off a €40 spend voucher(s)!
    :(

Must be something wrong as I didn't get any €6 off a €40 spend voucher(s)!
    :(
    i didnt get them either, my sister got 12 euro off 80 euro spend and i am using hers

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

sorry if its been asked before , went back a few pages.

heard it on a radio ad but cant see it on the website.

:confused:

concubar wrote: »

was last night anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Not sure if bargain but Tesco extra in naas have a few iPad mini 16gig for €249

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

concubar wrote: »

Still in Maynooth today- just back with 6 bottles.
    *Reminder to self- put one in the fridge.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Does anyone know if you can buy the moto e phone for €79.99 instore or is it only online? Coz they only seem to have Samsungs & Alcatels in my local Tesco.

Would like to buy it instore if I can coz I have the Aldi €10 off voucher if that's acceptable for phone purchases.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

Tesco sparkling flavoured water 1 litre bottles all flavours are scanning at 40c in tesco kilbarrack.
    But might be nationwide as i think offer should be save 40c off rrp.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gerrykin22

MelanieC wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can buy the moto e phone for €79.99 instore or is it only online? Coz they only seem to have Samsungs & Alcatels in my local Tesco.

Would like to buy it instore if I can coz I have the Aldi €10 off voucher if that's acceptable for phone purchases.......[/QUOTE

some tesco stores have seperate areas set up as phone stores. These phone stores have a larger selection of phones than the regular stores. Galway have a phone store but claremorris just have the few phones you mentioned. Check tesco.ie for a list of phone stores. The phone stores open from 11am - 7pm or something like that. Stupid set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭leck

Anyone looking for an iron? Found this steam iron - Bosch Sensixx B4 Power II - in Claremorris yesterday for 36.99 (reduced from 79.99). Seemed to be last one on shelf, also checked Tesco Headford Rd, Galway and none left there, but might be available in other locations.

This iron gets pretty good reviews (reviews on Amazon). It heats up very quickly, steam function very good but as would be expected tank needs to be refilled often.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Tesco Ashbourne have Nerf Elite special edition bullet 12 pack for €1.49.

Not the deal of the year but they are £4.81 on Amazon. Handy stocking filler.

3x 8 off 50 vouchers arrived for me today, one valid to the 14th, one from then to the 21st and one from the 29th to 4th - so none for Christmas week itself

One of those shall be stacked with one from the World shortly...

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

wilser wrote: »
    Not sure if bargain but Tesco extra in naas have a few iPad mini 16gig for €249

somebody who needs ipad mini and has a spend 110 euros get 17 off could use the voucher here now.

i love that kind of vouchers, you might not use them but once you need something electrical or more expensive, its well worth a look in the shop.

ncur wrote: »
    With the recent clubcard mailing, sent out about 3 weeks ago, it would seem a number of clubcard holders got 3 €6 off €40 instore spend, valid on 3 consecutive weeks, which some people are stacking with the Aldi/Lidl €10 off €50 vouchers that have been available in the Sunday Independent/World (possibly again this weekend? Not certain of this) as Tesco are accepting their competitors' money off vouchers also. So, spend over €50, get €10 using Aldi/Lidl coupon, total spend is still over €40, use the €6 off €40 coupon posted out to get a total of €16 off a €50 spend instore.

what about terms and conditions, is it allowed to be that "greedy"?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

maria34 wrote: »
    what about terms and conditions, is it allowed to be that "greedy"?:D

Strictly speaking no, t&c's state on the Tesco spend coupon - 'Coupons can not be used in conjunction with any other offer.' and I'm sure the t&c's for Tesco accepting their competitors' voucher probably contains something similar, but if Tesco are accepting them combined, then who are we to argue?

• Advertisement

ncur wrote: »
    Strictly speaking no, t&c's state on the Tesco spend coupon - 'Coupons can not be used in conjunction with any other offer.' and I'm sure the t&c's for Tesco accepting their competitors' voucher probably contains something similar, but if Tesco are accepting them combined, then who are we to argue?

i better try it at this self-service till we have in our local tesco. lidl voucher first, sales assistant has to confirm it and then tesco one after it as it just scans with no help needed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement