Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

All barbie, transformers, monster high, ever after high, nerf, hot wheels, my little pony and Lego toys are half price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

ShaneU wrote: »
    All barbie, transformers, monster high, ever after high, nerf, hot wheels, my little pony and Lego toys are half price
    "All"? you mean all or a selection and is this everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

and to possibly answer my own question - I think you meant selection unless you can confirm otherwise. You almost had me going out in this weather:(

todays selection here

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

^ Tesco said it's half price on over 200 selected toys on their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

wil wrote: »
    and to possibly answer my own question - I think you meant selection unless you can confirm otherwise. You almost had me going out in this weather:(

todays selection here

It's all, says so in the paper

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

fMz33YSl.png?1

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭froggie76

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Playmobil pirate ship for €18.50 in Wexford,€45 in Argos.

Tom Tom Sat Nav for €31 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

A couple of bargains I saw today in Tesco.

Boxes of Bulmers 20*300ml are €15

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=268526336

18 Cans of Coke €5.50

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Coke is on offer until tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

shannon82 wrote: »
    Coke is on offer until tomorrow

After Nigella, I think I'll pass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

All these offers are a scam by retailers, i brought a load of the specials on chocolate, crisps and soft drink and there nearly all gone, now im going to have to go back and buy more for xmas, whereas if there was no special offer i would of waited till xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

All these offers are a scam by retailers, i brought a load of the specials on chocolate, crisps and soft drink and there nearly all gone, now im going to have to go back and buy more for xmas, whereas if there was no special offer i would of waited till xmas.

Or you could have just not eaten everything before Christmas??

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Or you could have just not eaten everything before Christmas??

Or maybe u should've bought two of everything :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Do you think Tesco will do any special offers on Christmas Eve to shift stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

you need to call Joe....you've been scammed. no doubt about it....alternatively you could call overeaters anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Tesco are doing 5 bags of sprouts for €1.
    I only needed two so I bought them, even though there was no price advertised regarding individual bags.
    Checked my receipt and saw I'd been charged €1.89 per bag.
    So I'm being punished for buying only what I need?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

OMG you ate the Christmas crisps and drank the Christmas lemonade??? :eek: hang your head in shame! Did you not stock them under the stairs with instructions for they to ONLY be eaten on or after Christmas day as is the time honoured Irish tradition?? Next thing you'll be telling us you've opened the Danish butter cookies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

fussyonion wrote: »
    Tesco are doing 5 bags of sprouts for €1.
    I only needed two so I bought them, even though there was no price advertised regarding individual bags.
    Checked my receipt and saw I'd been charged €1.89 per bag.
    So I'm being punished for buying only what I need?

I only needed one but in fairness it did say 1.89 each on the self. But a lot of shelves in Naas were covered over by the amount if extra stock.

I only needed one but in fairness it did say 1.89 each on the self. But a lot of shelves in Naas were covered over by the amount if extra stock.

Yeah..thing is, my local Tesco wasn't advertising the price of the sprouts individually..I just thought they'd be around 30cent a bag or something.
    Was a bit shocked to see them at €1.89.
    My thing was I didn't want to buy 5 bags; they won't get eaten and end up in the bin!
    Ah well, it's only sprouts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

fussyonion wrote: »
    Yeah..thing is, my local Tesco wasn't advertising the price of the sprouts individually..I just thought they'd be around 30cent a bag or something.
    Was a bit shocked to see them at €1.89.
    My thing was I didn't want to buy 5 bags; they won't get eaten and end up in the bin!
    Ah well, it's only sprouts!

Didn't they have the offer the mix wi lemons/ limes/ parsnips/ carrots & pineapples I think?

Didn't they have the offer the mix wi lemons/ limes/ parsnips/ carrots & pineapples I think!

Hm no I didn't see those.
    Actually I'm inundated with lemons at the mo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

2rz9vk8.jpg

Mens discontinued shavers etc half price on St Stephan's day.

Didn't they have the offer the mix wi lemons/ limes/ parsnips/ carrots & pineapples I think?

Yes. I bought a bag of carrots and 4 limes for 1 Euro.
    I actually got them free- as the checkout operator rang the limes up as Kiwifruit (?? They don't look anything alilke)- so customer services gave me double the difference back.

Seabass fillets are €1.49 at the moment.

They have a lemony kind of marinade on them and looked delicious so I picked some up today.
    Going to do them with some tiny little potatoes and salad.

(I'll put a photo up in the "Here's What I Had For Dinner Last Night" thread later).

Whole salmons were half price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

OMG ?? Next thing you'll be telling us you've opened the Danish butter cookies!!
    Danish butter cookies in very cheap cardboard packaging in ALDI for very little. Silver foil bag inside prob exactly same as in fancier boxes. Taste delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Danish butter cookies in very cheap cardboard packaging in ALDI for very little. Silver foil bag inside prob exactly same as in fancier boxes. Taste delicious.

ah feck...

knew i forgot something! ....nnoooooooooooo..........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Tesco a bit late in the day with their offers.
    Looking at some of the queues in Lidl and Aldi, I'd say they have suffered.

dowtchaboy wrote: »

8% butter.
    The ones from Superquinn in the tin- despite having a similar motif on the tin- 28% butter.
    The Aldi ones are fine- but the Superquinn ones are out of this world.
    Reduced to 3 Euro a tin.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Tesco a bit late in the day with their offers.
    Looking at some of the queues in Lidl and Aldi, I'd say they have suffered.

Chilled meat seems massively overstocked in Maynooth anyhow- I can't imagine how they hope to flog the cabinets- which all seem to be full. Short of giving it away- they are going to have a hell of a lot of wastage!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement