Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 2012 - 15/04/2012

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Gary T is running, .. also down to run are Sean Connollly, Thomas Frazer, and Sergio Ciobanu ...hopefully the times will be hit!
    On the womens , Caitriona Jennings is also running, and there was mention of Gladys Ganiel and a couple more but Im not sure

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0407/1224314496320.html

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/olympic-marathon-race-turns-into-sprint-3060656.html

im not sure if this can be got online, would be good to watch..Paris marathon is on eurosport :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Hat and Gloves for the start line?
    6923908364_30059ebb6c_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Was discussing this with the missus this morning but since she's not coming she's not contributing much to my prep and strategies!

Reckon once it's not too windy we won't be long warming up - probably will don the hat and gloves at the start alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

brutes1 wrote: »

im not sure if this can be got online, would be good to watch..Paris marathon is on eurosport :confused:

Agreed. For some reason I thought Rotterdam would be a higher profile event and would have got coverage, no offence to the Paris runners or anything.

I think Moses Mosop is running Rotterdam also.

G-Money wrote: »
    Agreed. For some reason I thought Rotterdam would be a higher profile event and would have got coverage, no offence to the Paris runners or anything.

I think Moses Mosop is running Rotterdam also.

It will be live on Universal Sports

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Yeah Connolly running. I ended up having a few pints with his brother who had just trotted around Barcelona in a 2:49 having run a 3min negatitive split...for the craic;) Hope he does it.

Best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭topday

Name|Bib|Predicted Time|Starting Pen|Pints|Actual Time
    BeepBeep67|1495|2:58:59|C|Yes
    T Runner|3148|2:33:30|B|Coffees!
    dowlinj|2098|3:29:59|D|In Amsterdam!
    PaulieYifter|3664|3:27:57|D|Hopefully
    Asimonov|1135|2:47:59|C|Dutch Gold
    topday|TBC|3:20:00|D|Yes Please

Nerves are at me now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    6923908364_30059ebb6c_z.jpg

Old Hat, gloves and a long sleeve top which i saved from recycling for this purpose. I have a pair of cycling armwarmer things i rarely ever wear which might get a purpose in their soon to be short lives for the first 5k or so.

Sunday is the only day that is windy (NNE wind 26kph). Really need that wind to blow somewhere else till after the race! If not it may be a factor on and off from 20k across the bridge and right into it from 29k-34k depending on how exposed that park is. Anyone know?

COURSE HERE

I remember Kiwirunner saying he ran it with wind in 2010 but was able to offset it be sheltering in a group which is good. Im not being pessimistic but Its worth preparing and keeping in mind if it is a little windy: Ill be Planning to shelter in a group (not isolated) from 29k through to 34k which should eliminate it as a significant factor.

Hopefully Saturday or Monday will get Sundays wind though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Jasus, €100 for a name change on the aer lingus flights!! So I just came here to moan about that....not to let anyone know I'm selling my flights on adverts. [cough]. Damn cough ruined my chances of running this marathon. Adverts, flights, amsterdam [cough, cough]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

sorry for all the links but confirmation here on both Rotterdam and paris

http://dublinmarathon.ie/news.php?article=392

http://www.herald.ie/sport/other-sports/a-grade-on-connollys-mind-3077620.html

Id say caitriona jennings has a good shot at the time,very strong runner, had a great battle with her in achill half mara a few yrs back , and she beat me hands down in the end..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Best of luck on Sunday to all you Rotterdam runners. At the end of the day, remember, there's only one thing that matters: Running faster than the lazy gits in the London marathon thread. Anyone who needs an extra week of training deserves a good whuppin'. :) Have a blast and secure those target times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Best of luck on Sunday to all you Rotterdam runners. At the end of the day, remember, there's only one thing that matters: Running faster than the lazy gits in the London marathon thread. Anyone who needs an extra week of training deserves a good whuppin'. :) Have a blast and secure those target times.

Ha we've been on the piss the last 2 weeks to try and give you lot a fighting chance.

Ha we've been on the piss the last 2 weeks to try and give you lot a fighting chance.

Ha Ha - We'll be on the pi$$ when you still have a week of taper left ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

I'm actually drunk right now....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Enduro

Very best of luck to everyone running this. Particular good luck and best wishes to T-Runner... I know how much he is putting in to this, and I look forward to seeing him get his reward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Best of luck to all running this. It was my first marathon and there is a lot of unfinished business I will have to attend to over there in the next few years.

For those not able to make it the local Dutch tv station is streaming the race live.

http://www.rijnmond.nl/

Click on "Kijk nu TV Rijnmond Live" about half way down on the right hand side in a blue tab and you should be sorted. It will be in Dutch but at least you might see the the world record being beaten. Traffic through the site might be busy during the race so not sure of the quality of the feed but at the moment it is perfect.

Mods: Not sure if this contravenes Boards policy regarding copyright. It is a local offical tv stations homepage so I wouldn't expect there to be a problem. Please remove link if there is.

Dev

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Seems I forgot to cancel my hotel, got an email today telling me they were looking forward to welcoming us.

Went online to cancel. "You will be charged €150 if you cancel on or after April 12th"
    Lolz jokes on yee, the credit card I booked with expired three months ago

Hope they don't send me a bill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zinzan1

According to the Dublin Marathon page the following are aiming for Olympic qualifying times this weekend in Rotterdam and Paris. How many marathon runners can Ireland send to the Olympics or can everyone who gets an A time go?.... presume not. Best of luck to all of them anyway, if I'm at the half way mark when they're finishing I'll be happy!! I'm not going to add my time prediction to Beepbeep67's list - wouldn't want to lower to tone... ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

dev123 wrote: »
    Best of luck to all running this. It was my first marathon and there is a lot of unfinished business I will have to attend to over there in the next few years.

For those not able to make it the local Dutch tv station is streaming the race live.

http://www.rijnmond.nl/

Click on "Kijk nu TV Rijnmond Live" about half way down on the right hand side in a blue tab and you should be sorted. It will be in Dutch but at least you might see the the world record being beaten. Traffic through the site might be busy during the race so not sure of the quality of the feed but at the moment it is perfect.

Mods: Not sure if this contravenes Boards policy regarding copyright. It is a local offical tv stations homepage so I wouldn't expect there to be a problem. Please remove link if there is.

Dev

Apologies to those whose hopes I might have raised but further investigation into the televising of Rotterdam has unearthed that the tv station are showing 8 minutes of the finish area at around 1.30pm in the afternoon, 3 hours after the start.

It seems that UPC are showing it from 1.30pm on. Seems strange. Maybe the rights have been bought up.

Apologies again, there is a lot of egg on my face right about now :o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

dev123 wrote: »
    Apologies to those whose hopes I might have raised but further investigation into the televising of Rotterdam has unearthed that the tv station are showing 8 minutes of the finish area at around 1.30pm in the afternoon, 3 hours after the start.

It seems that UPC are showing it from 1.30pm on. Seems strange. Maybe the rights have been bought up.

Apologies again, there is a lot of egg on my face right about now :o:(

I think you can watch it on Universal Sports for $4.99 US which I guess isn't too bad. There's a lot of sport on that morning for me to watch though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Best of luck to everyone on Sunday, just had a look at the weather there & it looks grand for running if maybe a bit chilly hanging around the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Best of luck to all the Boardie's running on Sunday.. give it socks folks.

Cant wait to see how Catriona Jennings goes in this one. By all accounts she's in tip top shape so I would'nt b one bit surprised if she goes close to Maria Mc Cambridge Rome time of 2.36.37.... Now to find a bookies :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Best of luck to all doing Rotterdam. Look forward to reading the reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

Best of Luck everyone.... Hope ye all have good runs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Is Gary O hanlon running this? I was told hes injured but the Indo listed him as one of the lads aiming for 2:15. I know Sean Connolly is going for it, hopefully he'll nail it to the wall. A couple of the ladies going over to, Catriona Jennings, Gladys Ganiel, Lizzie lee. Although I think 2:37 is a bit beyond them.
    Best of luck to Asimonov, T-runner and everybody else heading over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

tunguska wrote: »
    Is Gary O hanlon running this? I was told hes injured but the Indo listed him as one of the lads aiming for 2:15. I know Sean Connolly is going for it, hopefully he'll nail it to the wall. A couple of the ladies going over to, Catriona Jennings, Gladys Ganiel, Lizzie lee. Although I think 2:37 is a bit beyond them.
    Best of luck to Asimonov, T-runner and everybody else heading over.

thanks tunguska, yeah he is running - i saw a tweet from some guy who was out warming up with him today. Conditions are pretty good here now, not too windy but fresh, hopefully it will last. Seems to be irish everywhere you turn. back now at the hotel feet up for the afternoon.

edit: sorry tunguska, i take that all back. it's gary thornton who's running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Very best of luck to you all for tomorrow, I'm glad the weather looks like it'll be on your side. Looking forward to all your great results and reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Best of Luck to everyone tomorrow. loking forward to some good race reports tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Good look all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Is there a way to track runners during this race??

Advertisement