Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

andyqj1.gif........buy the tickets aul wan...or i will steal your childs soul...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

I dont like the church in any way but I dont see that its there fault you have a clatter of kids.....oh wait a second

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Feeling "left out" is not a reason to make your Communion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

The teacher is right. The latest thing in my parents parish (poor inner city parish) is for the kid to arrive at church in a stretch limo...

Same people are all on social welfare and make really poor choices as to how to spend their money. Ridiculous..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Maybe they could have a presale for tickets, at one of the regular Sunday masses?

To reward the real fans who turn up for the regular fixtures, not just the glamour occasions

• Advertisement

childrens are ses areso beautiful..as my local priest says ..all they need to wear is a smile ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

That_Guy wrote: »
    Enough please.

So let me get this straight, you go to Mass every sunday of your life, and when you have a problem with it... You ring the national broadcaster?

I go to my local pub 1-2 times a week, and if/when I have a problem with it, I talk to the owner, or if he is not there the manageress. I don't ring up my auntie and start bitching to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

macroboy wrote: »
    children ar eso beautiful..as my local priest says ..all they need to wear is a smile ..

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Skid wrote: »
    Maybe they could have a presale for tickets, at one of the regular Sunday masses?

To reward the real fans who turn up for the regular fixtures, not just the glamour occasions
    Ah a Season Ticket:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"There are very few children at Church, what does that tell you"..

It tell me that you are very judgemental, Mary..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Beyond The Pale

This is typical of the level at which people now operate on in this universe now... they really don't understand anything about themselves other people or the circumstances they operate in... i.e. they are dangerously insane...

Mary it appears is less Judge and more Mental ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

In Germany, where I lived years ago, you don't get to make communion, get christened, get married or buried UNLESS you pay a portion of your wages (given over by the employer) to the Church.

Now you may not agree with this, but it sure stops people swanning in and 'using' the Church for social occasions and a few fancy photos

I can't believe I'm hearing this... The House of God? Sounds like a 2 Unlimited B-Side...

This is typical of the level at which people now operate on in this universe now... they really don't understand anything about themselves other people or the circumstances they operate in... i.e. they are dangerously insane...

bravo.....bravo....but the priest told me the children are so beutiful all they need to wear is a smile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

"The Church is a public building and you can't stop people going into it"

Eh, no it's not, why is it locked most of the time so?

And talking about trying to accomodate everyone. Well obviously they can't if there isn't enough space.

Oh and earlier some woman, hysterical, was suggesting that this was why people are turning away from the church. I can assure you, missus, it really isn't.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Did we not have a woman on about this before saying her plane was stolen?

This is a hum-dinger... Man Steals Plane. Can't wait to hear this one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

I can't believe I'm hearing this... The House of God? Sounds like a 2 Unlimited B-Side...

No that was East 17 with House of Love!!

jeez!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭kitsy13

stolen f-14 joe..its a disgrace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

What language is that man speaking, can anyone translate:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Is that a muchkin from the Wizard Of Oz on the line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Dublin_Mom wrote: »
    In Germany, where I lived years ago, you don't get to make communion, get christened, get married or buried UNLESS you pay a portion of your wages (given over by the employer) to the Church.

Now you may not agree with this, but it sure stops people swanning in and 'using' the Church for social occasions and a few fancy photos

If the revenue commissioners would be ringing you up when they discover you put catholic on your census paper, I think a lot less people would write down catholic on the paper.

This story about the plane was on liveline before a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

God ......the plane again! We have all heard this before. Liveline very poor these days:(

The good gates..?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWtMFpZDIoV2sorY1pPmPmdO0QGLWMN5y_CFnN3LbJ4G-hU4mE_D2vhWTP...ahh damien...they took the steal off me toecaps ..had to buy these trainers..ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Farmers Monkey Magazine??? :confused:

I had me nipple piercings stolen while I was in a queue for the bus...

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    If the revenue commissioners would be ringing you up when they discover you put catholic on your census paper, I think a lot less people would write down catholic on the paper.
    I have heard some people put down their religion as Jedi.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement