Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another series of 'Arrested Development'... and a movie!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I loved season 4. It obviously wasn't as good as the first 3 but it was still fantastic and had some great concepts. I loved the whole face-blindness thing. Also, the pairing of characters who'd never shared scenes led to one of my favourite AD jokes where George Michael has no clue who Lucille 2 is, having never met her in the original run.

The tag line above seems to confirm the cast will be back together though, which is great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The tag line above seems to confirm the cast will be back together though, which is great news!

I'd be wary, I think I read something a few months ago about an idea of using lots of flashbacks with younger actors playing the main characters, to get around the schedule conflicts issue of the main cast.

That could be ****ey enough now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'd say Netflix is in a much better position to secure all the cast at once now, compared to then.

I honestly didn't appreciate S4 until the second time around, but it's far better than I'd remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/22/arrested-development-transparent-jeffrey-tambor-david-cross/

David Cross said that he and other Arrested Development cast members still believe in Tambor

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wouldn't be the same without George or Oscar hope they find a way to keep him involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Wouldn't be the same without George or Oscar hope they find a way to keep him involved.

Thought that tiff was between Amazon and him?

He's been accused of sexual misconduct that's why amazon sacked him from transparent. Bit of a difficult situation for Arrested Development production as working with actors in this category now isn't really happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

He's been accused of sexual misconduct that's why amazon sacked him from transparent. Bit of a difficult situation for Arrested Development production as working with actors in this category now isn't really happening.

That makes more sense. Didn't know it was about misconduct, had it that it was "creative differences". Thanks for the info.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

At this rate, I wish they'd leave the show be. Season 4 was far from a roaring success to begin with, and the heavy use of greenscreen, body doubles and few scenes with any more than 1, 2 of the cast onset at the same time, was just distracting, if not a bit shoddy. Too much water has passed under the bridge at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump.. release date for new series coming soon and a new "recut version" of season 4 coming Friday.
    .. Arrested Development Season 4 Remix: Fateful Consequences. The original season, which premiered on Netflix in 2013, was 15 episodes long; the new cut will be 22 shorter episodes.
    Source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Kinda looking forward to this

Ergh, I dunno.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Feels like donkeys since season 4, but I do recall hating the slow, clumsy pacing of those 15 episodes. I'd be willing to give the season another shot in a 22 episode format, IF said pacing was a bit snappier. It was just far, far too lugubrious

Will be good to see GOB again and Carl Weathers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Im all in and will watch this,Even just for the brilliant first 2 seasons,you could see in the 3rd season it was dipping and 4th was a train wreck but lets hope there is something there to scalvage .

Even if the writing is largely poor, it still has some of the most memorable characters and fantastic comedic actors of recent years (Bateman, Arnett, Hale, Cross etc).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

As an aside, there's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it easter egg in "Avengers: Infinity War" with one of the characters briefly appearing..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

ixoy wrote: »
    As an aside, there's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it easter egg in "Avengers: Infinity War" with one of the characters briefly appearing..

The avengers could have done with the services of an analrapist, pity the collector had him.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Episodes are up already.

First episode was decent.

• Advertisement

I presume by the time I get anywhere near Netflix, some people around here will have mainlined the whole remixed season - so how was it, and in comparison to the 'original' version of Season 4?

pixelburp wrote: »
    I presume by the time I get anywhere near Netflix, some people around here will have mainlined the whole remixed season - so how was it, and in comparison to the 'original' version of Season 4?

3 episodes in and I'm enjoying it so far, far better than the me of season 4.

And back for season 5 at the end of the month..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Towards the beginning of the trailer I was thinking that an average or below average season would further taint its reputation and the risk of bringing it back wouldn't be worth it but by the time it was over I was 100% on board.

Well I'll give it a chance, why not. Do we know if season 5 will be in 22 episode format, or the original scattered running times of season 4?

pixelburp wrote: »
    Well I'll give it a chance, why not. Do we know if season 5 will be in 22 episode format, or the original scattered running times of season 4?
    it'll be 17 episodes apparently..

Basq wrote: »
    it'll be 17 episodes apparently..

Sorry, I meant to type 'minutes' instead of 'episode', and whether this new run would be in the old format (and the remix of season 4) of 22 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

End of the month?
    gob-bluth.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I've never watched the series on Netflix, but I just noticed that they have season 1 in the incorrect airdate order, and not the correct DVD order. Maybe it's always been like this, but just something to be aware of, for anyone planning a rewatch because of the new season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Glebee

Trying to watch the last season on Netflix but is it just me or is it absolute Sh1te.
    Loved the early seasons

Advertisement