Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

livdmg wrote: »
    Anyone check out "midlands 103" they have something called crunch busters with the ferguson ariva 120 combo for 70 euros.

A good price indeed ..... €57 + VAT

Their site does weird things in my browsers ..... failed to display properly in Chromium or Firefox ..... eventually got it up in Midori and was met with a message telling me that
    "Your browser (Internet Explorer 6) is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this or other websites."

Nonetheless I was able to see the offer in Midori but not the other two browsers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Possible to tune in the BBC Olympic channels on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

chordtype wrote: »
    Possible to tune in the BBC Olympic channels on this?

Yup, they'll be coming through FTA so you'll just need to tune them in...

As for that Midlands 103 offer - they have only 2 left if anyone is interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Thanks. Does that include the HD stations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

A nice list of the HD Stations here:

http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/2012_london_olympics_uk_tv_bbc_frequencies.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

This is the tuning list I used for all 24 HD channels

11914 H
    12304 H
    12441 V
    12129 V
    12402 V
    12422 H

All 29500 .... 4 HD channels per TP.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭MenloPete

I vaguely remember hearing of this fault before a few years back. It turned out to be a error in the LNB settings. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable here can elaborate.
    Mine (different make of box) is set as Universal 9.750/10.600

This was my problem, causing it to fail to tune in some channels - the LNB is set to 9.750/10.550.
    When I correct the setting I can tune in all channels, which is grand, but if I upload a channel settings dump file, the setting reverts and I have to remember to change it again.

Anyone know how to set it permanently?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Presumably whoever is supplying the dump list has the same problem but doesn't watch them channels to notice the mistake. The original error is probably in the factory presets.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭MenloPete

Perhaps I should have said it's my own dumpfile. I correct the LO setting and auto tune. Then I rearrange everything on the PC to my liking and re-apply it to the receiver, but the LO setting reverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daithi_dearg

Issues with recording 2 items in a row
    Hello,

I'm not able to record 2 things in a row. In future I'll make sure to leave a minute in between recordings but wondering was a bug raised for this or if people see the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 harrys

The yellow indicator is the time gone & remaining on the current programme.

If your Quality is varying from 60% to 90% then there would appear to be something the matter with the aerial or its connections.
    I have a steady 90% here on the Ariva 120.

The Ariva 120 tuner is likely less sensitive than the TV tuner and so the pic would break up before the TV pic.

Thanks johnboy and Tony.

It was the aerial. Got the one in Aldi set up in the loft and all fine.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Glad you got it sorted

harrys wrote: »
    Thanks johnboy and Tony.

It was the aerial. Got the one in Aldi set up in the loft and all fine.

Cheers.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Hi Tony,

I was just looking on website and got a ferguson ariva 120 from you a while back. Is the ariva 120 discontinued and is there much difference between the 120 and the 150? Thanks

scholes wrote: »
    Hi Tony,

I was just looking on website and got a ferguson ariva 120 from you a while back. Is the ariva 120 discontinued and is there much difference between the 120 and the 150? Thanks

Hi

The 120 is discontinued and replaced by the 150 which has a few extras like "you tube" whan connected to wi fi and the menus look a little better. Other than that its pretty much the same box with a slightly faster processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Tony you're a gentleman, thanks for the quick reply ill be onto you soon for a 150. Great service as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi guys, i have an ariva setup for my parents with a nice channel list at home, will be installing a new box this weekend for them. Is there an easy way to backup the channel list on the existing box and load onto the new one? cheers mick

Yep if both boxes are the same and using the same firmware you can create a dumpfile to a usb key on the box with the channel list and then transfer this to the second box by upgrading using the "userdb" setting

menu-tools-upgrade usb

hope this helps

hi guys, i have an ariva setup for my parents with a nice channel list at home, will be installing a new box this weekend for them. Is there an easy way to backup the channel list on the existing box and load onto the new one? cheers mick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

I picked one of these up a few months ago and it had the channels prescanned. Hooked it up at home in the bedroom and it worked fine but I haven't used it for a month or so. I went to look at the RTE channels today and now they are saying no signal. I have tried rescanning the terrestrial channels automatically but it keeps saying that no programs are available. I live in Tallaght so I guess I should be getting a signal from 3 Rock. Anyone know why I'm not picking up channels now when I could a month ago? I tried the USB tuner I have on my PC and the channels are still coming in on that?

3Rock moved to channel 30 a few weeks back. Try a manual scan. Kippure is also available in parts of Tallaght. Check what freq your PC is getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Danda99

Hi Tony

Got two of the Ariva 120s from you a year ago. Haven't updated them at all, but have lost BBC3 & possibly some other channels recently. Should I do your update with channel list - which I think was from April, or should I do the latest June one? (Just want to avoid trawling through every channel myself - I know if I get one re-set correctly I can copy to the other)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Danda99 wrote: »
    Hi Tony

Got two of the Ariva 120s from you a year ago. Haven't updated them at all, but have lost BBC3 & possibly some other channels recently. Should I do your update with channel list - which I think was from April, or should I do the latest June one? (Just want to avoid trawling through every channel myself - I know if I get one re-set correctly I can copy to the other)

Thanks

Page 15, post #575. That'll sort you out. As a first time updater, have a read of the "how to guide" first. 5 min job

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Like dodzy. I've also lost just BBC3. Can anyone tell me the settings please to retune just BBC3 without having to reinstall everything?

Also is this BBC3 change just a temporary thing related to the extra BBC Olympics channels? Maybe it will come back of it's own accord when they finish?

BBC3
    10773 H 22000

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭intro

I have a 120 in the bedroom hooked onto the TV via HDMI.It is updated to the latest firmware and the last channel list posted here All works well. Tried it on an old TV in Donegal this w/end, which has only one scart so is fed through a manual scart switcher to allow the use of DVD and VCR. Had to change the output to 720 to get it to work on the old TV. Two problems:
    1. When connected through the scart switcher there is no picture at all. When I feed directly from scart to tv's scart it works ok. Is there any work around for this?
    Problem 2. Rescanned the terrestrial channels. Picked up all the channels. When I switched off the 120 and restarted it, the terrestrial channels had disappeared (but satellite channels were fine)Thinking about this now I realise that I had left the "Dublin" channels on it i.e. there were two sets of RTE1 RTE 2 etc., one working one not. I have not had this problem in Dublin so is it the scart lead, not deleting the 1st set of terrestrial channels or some other cause?
    I had a search to see if there was anything similar posted but had no luck.Sorry for the long winded post!

Its extremely unlikely that the scart lead is causing channels to be deleted.

intro wrote: »
    I have a 120 in the bedroom hooked onto the TV via HDMI.It is updated to the latest firmware and the last channel list posted here All works well.

Deleted post. Wrong thread.

Eh this is the 120 thread :D

dodzy wrote: »
    Here we go again...another FW release:rolleyes:

1.19B1

Not sure of change log. Link below, just select the 150 combo.

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/

Tony wrote: »
    Eh this is the 120 thread :D

120/150/250 AAAArrrrgggggghhhhh !!!

I'm losing it now Tony:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

............ which has only one scart so is fed through a manual scart switcher to allow the use of DVD and VCR. Had to change the output to 720 to get it to work on the old TV. Two problems:
    1. When connected through the scart switcher there is no picture at all. When I feed directly from scart to tv's scart it works ok. Is there any work around for this?

The problem and solution is obvious to me. Get rid of the cheap scart switcher.
    Problem 2. Rescanned the terrestrial channels. Picked up all the channels. When I switched off the 120 and restarted it, the terrestrial channels had disappeared (but satellite channels were fine)Thinking about this now I realise that I had left the "Dublin" channels on it i.e. there were two sets of RTE1 RTE 2 etc., one working one not. I have not had this problem in Dublin so is it the scart lead, not deleting the 1st set of terrestrial channels or some other cause?

You have to manually delete the terrestrial channels you are not using as they are for a different transmitter. OR If you are going to continue to use the box in 2 locations then set up a favourites list, 1 for Dublin Saorview and 1 for Donegal Saorview so as not to confuse yourself.

You can set up favourites list for anything. You do have to read the manual though! Once you get to grips with that, you will be flying. Honestly read the manual.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »

I'm losing it now Tony:D

you and me both :) Just to warn anyone do not attempt to use 150 firmware on a 120

Advertisement