Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amanda Knox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Latchy wrote: »
    So if not Knox then who ? somebody did it ?

That's not really a reason to put her in jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Mazeire

Can't blame America for everything.

No I'm not saying it's directly America's fault. What I'm saying is that everyone is so cowed by them. So really it's our own fault. Or in this case the Italians. If you get my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

or corrupt like f**k like the rest of the country from Silvio 'I got some teen hotties outside right now' Berlusconi down to the football.

You seem to have a serious problem with Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Guede acted alone. He admitted this in the beginning but was offered a reduced sentence if he also implicated Knox and Sollecito; so he changed his story. He was then the prosecution's strongest witness in the trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

she is only getting 5,000 euros.........I hope she sues there ass and get the millions back she spent

• Advertisement

Mazeire wrote: »
    Fair enough, it's just that I did not see the relevance of brining it up here as no one on this thread to my knowledge had mentioned it.

I don't remember ever reading a single article that didn't mention her alleged promiscuity and present it as evidence that she was sick and twisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I am absolutely delighted that she has been acquitted.

You seem to have a serious problem with Italy.

Most Italians I know would be of that opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

MagicSean wrote: »
    That's not really a reason to put her in jail.
    Huh... ? if you are suspected of murder your usually kept locked up until proved innocent / cleared of any crime :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

:D
    investment wrote: »
    she is only getting 5,000 euros.........I hope she sues there ass and get the millions back she spent

I thought they said 500,000 euro each.

• Advertisement

Most Italians I know would be of that opinion.

I'm not just referring to that post. He has previous in the soccer forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

jcf wrote: »
    Well she has to live with what she did for the rest of her life ... you think she can really be happy knowing inside that she got away with murder ?

Well,the evidence seems to show that she didn't do it,or at least insufficient evidence exists to show she did do it.So not sure how she has to live with it for the rest of her life.

Huh... ? if you are suspected of murder your usually kept locked up until proved innocent / cleared of any crime :confused:

She was proven innocent...the one piece of evidence that she was involved was discredited. There is no other evidence that she was in the apartment at the time of the murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Rudy. He's serving 16 years after admitting to killing Kercher.

No. You are locked up if proven guilty.

It is up to the prosecution to prove guilt, not up to the defence to prove innocence.

Well you had said she is a sociopath based on her behaviour after the trial. A lot of that behaviour the prosecution talked about was sex-related; for example, her buying underwear after the police took all her clothes was twisted to make it look like she was out buying sexy lingerie after her friend had just died.

As a matter of fact no, that isn't what I was talking about. I made no reference to her behaviour during the trial. I personally find it quite odd that she offered no support or offered to meet Kerchers family in the aftermath of murder. After all, she was the person that their daughter was living with in a foreign country and would have been quite close to het to their knowledge, so it is natural to assume that they would have wanted to meet Knox.
    She also expressed scant sympathy in any of her statements for either Kerchers family or Sollecio's family for that matter. I think that if she had been psychologically evaluated, it could have thrown up some interesting results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Rudy Guede had already been convicted of the murder of Meredith Kercher. The appeal was about whether Knox and Sollecito had murdered Kercher as well.

I think justice has been served due to the lack of DNA Knox & Sollecito had in Kercher's bedroom.

I don't remember ever reading a single article that didn't mention her alleged promiscuity and present it as evidence that she was sick and twisted.

OK grand then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

She was proven innocent...the one piece of evidence that she was involved was discredited. There is no other evidence that she was in the apartment at the time of the murder.

Guede acted alone. He admitted this in the beginning but was offered a reduced sentence if he also implicated Knox and Sollecito; so he changed his story. He was then the prosecution's strongest witness in the trial.
    Thrill wrote: »
    Rudy. He's serving 16 years after admitting to killing Kercher.
    No. You are locked up if proven guilty.

It is up to the prosecution to prove guilt, not up to the defence to prove innocence.
    Rudy Guede had already been convicted of the murder of Meredith Kercher. The appeal was about whether Knox and Sollecito had murdered Kercher as well.

I think justice has been served due to the lack of DNA Knox & Sollecito had in Kercher's bedroom.
    More meat on the bones of the story ...thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

As a matter of fact no, that isn't what I was talking about. I made no reference to her behaviour during the trial. I personally find it quite odd that she offered no support or offered to meet Kerchers family in the aftermath of murder. After all, she was the person that their daughter was living with in a foreign country and would have been quite close to het to their knowledge, so it is natural to assume that they would have wanted to meet Knox.
    She also expressed scant sympathy in any of her statements for either Kerchers family or Sollecio's family for that matter. I think that if she had been psychologically evaluated, it could have thrown up some interesting results.

Yeah, all of that is ugly hearsay and bog all reason to arrest someone for murder. But it is typical of the nonsense which surrounded this case.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

She has another slander trial in November?

As a matter of fact no, that isn't what I was talking about. I made no reference to her behaviour during the trial. I personally find it quite odd that she offered no support or offered to meet Kerchers family in the aftermath of murder.

Well she said that she stayed in Italy for the purpose of giving support to the investigation and stayed hours in police stations answering questions to help out. According to her she didn't know she was a suspect at that time and the reason she stayed in Italy instead of fleeing was because she wanted to help with the investigation.

So according to her she provided plenty of support. You either believe or you don't.

Yahew wrote: »
    Yeah, all of that is ugly hearsay and bog all reason to arrest someone for murder. But it is typical of the nonsense which surrounded this case.

Which is again why I say she should have been psychologically evaluated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Just wondering: why would the Italian investigators be so desperate to implicate Knox and Sollecio if they'd already solved the crime?
    For the craic?
    Seriously, i don't know much about this case but that just doesn't seem to make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

What was guedes version of events in his confession ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Amber Lamps

so i take it they cannot put his sentence back up again to 30 years after they have already changed it, or will he be done for slander now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Only if you were a flight risk, which she was. It is possible to be released on bail while waiting to stand trial for murder.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

Im not convinced somehow, she lied (slander) at the begining, she probably wouldnt think twice about doing it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Great piece of journalism from the Mail. They had already published Knox was guilty then quickly took it back down when the verdict was announced http://twitpic.com/6upmbq

• Advertisement

Well she said that she stayed in Italy for the purpose of giving support to the investigation and stayed hours in police stations answering questions to help out. According to her she didn't know she was a suspect at that time and the reason she stayed in Italy instead of fleeing was because she wanted to help with the investigation.

So according to her she provided plenty of support. You either believe or you don't.

Ian Huntly also provided plenty of support to the police in fact he even gave televised appeals looking for the two girls he had murdered. Police are one thing, speaking to the family is quite another.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement