Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amanda Knox

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Somone with a bigger brain than mine might answer this:

Does this mean that she is innocent? or that the botched investigation ruined the case?
    A little from column A, a little from column B?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Shame on Italy. Shame on them. Clowns.

corrupt like i said.

what do you expect from a country whose prime minister is banging a barely legal girl now and if he is cought he just pays some media to keep hush about it.

Italy is a fine country for visiting but $hit for working in, salary is a joke.. might as well work in botswana

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I feel sorry for the Kercher family......I know its difficult for them. I think they need to take a fresh look at the whole case (independant of the prosecution) to find closure for themseleves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Does this mean that she is innocent? or that the botched investigation ruined the case?

It means she is free and whether she did it or not, she will be an extremely wealthy woman .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

FANTASTIC.

i dont understand that comment.
    its not fantastic by any means.everyones a looser.if shes innocent she served 3 years for nothing and kerchers family thought they had closure. if shes guilty she got away with murder and it will haunt kerchers family forever.
    not fantastic in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Justice undone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

crazygeryy wrote: »
    i dont understand that comment.
    its not fantastic by any means.everyones a looser.if shes innocent she served 3 years for nothing and kerchers family thought they had closure. if shes guilty she got away with murder and it will haunt kerchers family forever.
    not fantastic in my opinion.

She served her time for what shes still guilty of: defamation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Cleared of murder ...so she's innocent because she hasn't been found guilty but the jurys still out on the botched invetigation scenario for now ..

Knoxs sisters are hot ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Mazeire

How do you know how she felt? I just think it's insane how much this woman has been vilified by the press. So much of the 'evidence' is really just assumptions about how 'normal' people should act and guesswork. The dredging up of details of her sex life is just ridiculous as well. Who cares how many men she slept with? I went on Erasmus to Spain and met plenty of party girls, many of them American, who did drugs, slept around (threesomes and foursomes weren't uncommon for them) and basically took full advantage of being away from their parents for the first time. Were they obnoxious, immature, annoying? Yes. Murderer material? I highly doubt it. Even the Foxy Knoxy nickname was taken completely out of context. It was a nickname given to her in middle school or something, because she was good at soccer. We had a girl called Knox in our year, and we called her Foxy Knoxy just for the laugh. Talk about mountains out of molehills.

Why are you bringing her sex life in to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

All the Italians are now interested in is salvaging the reputation of the Italian investigators.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I thought they were guilty as sin..

A little from column A, a little from column B?

There is zero evidence she was in the apartment.

But the investigation also botched the case - a time of death would have made certain one way or the other.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    All the Italians are now interested in is salvaging the reputation of the Italian investigators.

..and God forbid we would p*ss off America. I think they just want it to go away at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭revell

her sister is so beautiful:)

oh and can anybody explain this tweet.. on Sky News page now... Two similar posts from two journalists so I dont think there's a typo..
    #AmandaKnox's conviction for slender to three years is already paid off as she spent four years in jail for a murder she has been cleared of

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

I knew she didn't drug MJ

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

Only losers here are the victims family, their the only ones i feel sorry for. Knox served her time for the defamation crime, and is now going to get so much cash in the claw, disgusting. Corrupt Italian culture, sure look at Berlisconi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 2K11

Does anyone know what Italian people think of this verdict? Must be questioning the justice system now......

Mazeire wrote: »
    Why are you bringing her sex life in to it?

Eh.....I'm saying it's ridiculous that the press used it against her, as if it was relevant to the investigation. Did you not get that?

#AmandaKnox's conviction for slender to three years is already paid off as she spent four years in jail for a murder she has been cleared of

She was sentenced to three years for slandering Lumumba (signing a statement written by the police). She has already served that sentence (she has spent 4 years in jail).

Edit: just realised the slender/slander typo. :D I dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

oh and can anybody explain this tweet.. on Sky News page now... Two similar posts from two journalists so I dont think there's a typo..

:confused::confused:

I think is should say Slander not Slender, although she is Foxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

She won her appeal and is now free.

im looking forward to the playboy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

SB is probabling texting her his room number as we speak

Eh.....I'm saying it's ridiculous that the press used it against her, as if it was relevant to the investigation. Did you not get that?

Fair enough, it's just that I did not see the relevance of brining it up here as no one on this thread to my knowledge had mentioned it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

So if not Knox then who ? somebody did it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

..and God forbid we would p*ss off America. I think they just want it to go away at this point.

Can't blame America for everything.

Fair enough, it's just that I did not see the relevance of brining it up here as no one on this thread to my knowledge had mentioned it.

Well you had said she is a sociopath based on her behaviour after the trial. A lot of that behaviour the prosecution talked about was sex-related; for example, her buying underwear after the police took all her clothes was twisted to make it look like she was out buying sexy lingerie after her friend had just died.

Plazaman wrote: »
    I think is should say Slander not Slender, although she is Foxy.

Well that was immediately what I thought... but two journalists spelt it exactly the same way on the twitter machine... (and it wasnt a retweet)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Well she has to live with what she did for the rest of her life ... you think she can really be happy knowing inside that she got away with murder ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Good result, the prosecution always seemed very shaky and not at all clear of reasonable doubt.

On a related note, the Italian justice system doesn't seem the best, for example 3 Google exec were convicted over what essentially amounted to a pre-emptive moderation failure in a system which could not realistically be pre-emptively human moderated due to volume:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/feb/24/google-video-italy-privacy-convictions

Really silly stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement