Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Skull Riddle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Adam Khor wrote: »
    It's a glyptodont. G. clavipes to be exact :>

Good stuff Adam!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

I prefer the extinct ones. There have been looooads of carnivore skulls already!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Ok, since the self-appointed sheriff doesn´t show up, I'll post the new one.

It's extinct, sadly:
    IMG_6194.preview.JPG

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Ok, since the self-appointed sheriff doesn´t show up, I'll post the new one.

It's extinct, sadly:
    IMG_6194.preview.JPG

Wild stab in the dark here, but I know you like to pick n american species.

Dire wolf?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

yekahS wrote: »
    Wild stab in the dark here, but I know you like to pick n american species.

Dire wolf?

Nope :>

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Clue?

yekahS wrote: »
    Clue?

It is possible- just possible- that it's meat would be toxic to eat.

It is possible- just possible- that it's meat would be toxic to eat.

Its not megalania is it?

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Its not megalania is it?

Nope. Cold, cold :D

Nope. Cold, cold :D

Right :o. I thought it was meg by the way because some lizards contain deadly bacteria even when cooked!

• Advertisement

Right :o. I thought it was meg by the way because some lizards contain deadly bacteria even when cooked!

Didn´t know that. Good thing that I never felt an inclination to eat lizards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭FrankAmazing

Giant Sloth.

Giant Sloth.

Now now, Frankie, u know the rules ask for genus and species ;)

Scelidotherium leptocephalum, there is no rule or precedent that you have to give the latin name. Don't be sore just because I guessed it Adam

Scelidotherium leptocephalum, there is no rule or precedent that you have to give the latin name. Don't be sore just because I guessed it Adam

I am not :D I was just messing with you. No need for the latin name although, giant sloth is too broad.

In case anyone wondered, Scelidotherium has been said to have been an ant-eating sloth, something like a giant-giant anteater. I've heard that giant anteater meat can be toxic due to the huge amounts of formic acid they absorb from their own food. If Scelidotherium was indeed an "ant eater", it may have been the same case.

Your turn.

go

go

Pff, passerines... too many of them and too little time. Some sort of thrush or blackbird, maybe?

Well done frank

Is it a pied wagtail?

Won't be posting on this forum again.

Falsely accused by steddyeddy and g'em of being an alternate account of SidJustice, of which I can assure everyone on this forum I most certainly am not, if g'em had done her homework she would have realised this, rather than rashly making an accusation to me. Hot head mods and posters like that have no place on a message forum.

I don't enjoy being harassed like that via PM, and certainly don't enjoy posting on threads where the good nature and sport of the thread is undermined by lads constantly trying to get one over on each other.

Tbf, steddyeddy did apologise to me via PM, but it's too little too late.
    I was enjoying the game and the banter with Adam.
    I wish you all the best for the future of this thread, and warn sternly against driving new posters away from what is an already underactive forum.
    Thank you and take care.

• Advertisement

Won't be posting on this forum again.

Falsely accused by steddyeddy and g'em of being an alternate account of SidJustice, of which I can assure everyone on this forum I most certainly am not, if g'em had done her homework she would have realised this, rather than rashly making an accusation to me. Hot head mods and posters like that have no place on a message forum.

I don't enjoy being harassed like that via PM, and certainly don't enjoy posting on threads where the good nature and sport of the thread is undermined by lads constantly trying to get one over on each other.

Tbf, steddyeddy did apologise to me via PM, but it's too little too late.
    I was enjoying the game and the banter with Adam.
    I wish you all the best for the future of this thread, and warn sternly against driving new posters away from what is an already underactive forum.
    Thank you and take care.

Frank nobodys harrassing you it was a genuine mistake this thread has had a lot of derailment and negativity there was a fear it was coming back.

It is kind of sad that this thread has caused so much conflict. All I wanted was to help steddyeddy with his forum and I thought this game would be fun. My intention was never to make this a contest to see who was smarter or more knowledgeable but unfortunately this world is filled with people desperate to prove something... it was not my aim at all.

I was going to suggest closing the thread, but I don´t think its fair for the ones who are actually having fun... I just think those who see the thread as an opportunity to feed their ego abstain from playing. This is only meant to be fun, not a competition.

It is kind of sad that this thread has caused so much conflict. All I wanted was to help steddyeddy with his forum and I thought this game would be fun. My intention was never to make this a contest to see who was smarter or more knowledgeable but unfortunately this world is filled with people desperate to prove something... it was not my aim at all.

I was going to suggest closing the thread, but I don´t think its fair for the ones who are actually having fun... I just think those who see the thread as an opportunity to feed their ego abstain from playing. This is only meant to be fun, not a competition.

Moving on would be the best bet Adam but as long as everyone is repectful of each other and just sees it as a game it will be ok. I am learning a lot from this forum and this thread in particular and I know a lot of other people are to so it would be a shame to see it go.

As long just sees it as a game it will be ok.

Which was what I intended it to be.

It is up to you whether you'd like me to continue playing or not. I honestly lost some interest when it started jumping the shark... Either way, I apologize if this all is seen by anyone as my fault.

Which was what I intended it to be.

It is up to you whether you'd like me to continue playing or not. I honestly lost some interest when it started jumping the shark... Either way, I apologize if this all is seen by anyone as my fault.

Yea I felt things waning when things turned personal. I would like you to keep playing Adam the only thing you done is be too good at it! Which is good for me because Im learning a lot.

Yea I felt things waning when things turned personal. I would like you to keep playing Adam the only thing you done is be too good at it! Which is good for me because Im learning a lot.

Fair enough. I just wish we had found out what that bird skull was.

Should I post the new one or does anyone else want to do it? If so feel free.

Post a new one sure, your ones are good.
    And it was a wagtail.

Fair enough. I just wish we had found out what that bird skull was.

Should I post the new one or does anyone else want to do it? If so feel free.

Go for it man If you have a good one!

aidoh wrote: »
    Post a new one sure, your ones are good.
    And it was a wagtail.

Oh right, thanks! I didn´t know that bird :>

Ok, guys, here's the next one.

pcraside.jpg

• Advertisement

Looks like some kind of cetacean. Wouldn't even guess the species though.

Advertisement