Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Skull Riddle Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sheep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

no

lads lost interest already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

ok lets keep this irish animals idea going.
    A red/sitka deer?

not irish or british

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Is it a Llama?

• Advertisement

very close

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

very close

Alpaca?

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭FrankAmazing

right, guess away

right, guess away

He Frank welcome to the forum but no one guessed the last posters skull yet. We have to wait till someone guesses that to post a new pic.

• Advertisement

steddyeddy wrote: »
    He Frank welcome to the forum but no one guessed the last posters skull yet. We have to wait till someone guesses that to post a new pic.

ok cool sorry

right, guess away

it's a good one, I only know because i was going to use it myself.

Come on guys, if it's not a llama or an alpaca there really is only one option left.

it's a good one, I only know because i was going to use it myself.

Come on guys, if it's not a llama or an alpaca there really is only one option left.

Camal?

have u never been to fota?

have u never been to fota?

No what could it be from fota?

I assume from your "only one left option" that its a camelid of some species?

Are you trolling me? I'm finished with this thread. You're making absolutely no effort. It's obviously a Camelid. If you looked up Fota's website you'd see it within moments. Then you sit back and ask stupid questions. If you knew your Camelids (or if you didn't all you had to do was look on the wikipedia page) you'd see a list of them, the camels, the llama, the alpaca, guanaco and vicuana.

Nevermind.

Are you trolling me? I'm finished with this thread. You're making absolutely no effort. It's obviously a Camelid. If you looked up Fota's website you'd see it within moments. Then you sit back and ask stupid questions. If you knew your Camelids (or if you didn't all you had to do was look on the wikipedia page) you'd see a list of them, the camels, the llama, the alpaca, guanaco and vicuana.

Nevermind.

Before I report this post sid which one of them is at fota park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Are you trolling me? I'm finished with this thread.

Sid, I think it's best that you do leave this thread. The attitude emanating from your corner is less than desirable in what is otherwise a very fun and entertaining topic. If you want to discuss this further then PM me.

on-topic - as a zoology graduate myself I'm finding some of these skulls alarmingly difficult to ID, kudos on such a great mindboggler!! :D

Right then Ill get the ball rolling again with another one. Its not to hard but Ill admit its a bit of a trick one!

scaled.php?server=850&filename=primatechimpfetal.jpg&res=medium

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Right then Ill get the ball rolling again with another one. Its not to hard but Ill admit its a bit of a trick one!

scaled.php?server=850&filename=primatechimpfetal.jpg&res=medium

Looks a lot like a human but is not... maybe a baby chimpanzee or orangutan?

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Looks a lot like a human but is not... maybe a baby chimpanzee or orangutan?

Got it adam well done its baby chimpanzee! It looks a lot like a human though which leads some researchers to put forward the hypothesis that we are a neotonus species! Ie at some point we hung on to our juvenile features!

Ps: your turn!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

That's actually an interesting theory... o-o

Would explain why we are so wimpy compared to them, too XD

Let's see, what is this?
    specimen.jpg

That's actually an interesting theory... o-o

Would explain why we are so wimpy compared to them, too XD

Let's see, what is this?
    specimen.jpg

Right the scale helps. Dorsally flattened head and what looks like poorly develped eyes. Im going to have to think about that one. Is it some sort of amphibian or burrowing animal? Dont worry If you dont want to give hints Ill keep trying.

Right the scale helps. Dorsally flattened head and what looks like poorly develped eyes. Im going to have to think about that one. Is it some sort of amphibian or burrowing animal? Dont worry If you dont want to give hints Ill keep trying.

You're on the right lane :D

You're on the right lane :D

A Caecilian? I wouldnt have a clue as to the species!

mexican caecilian, dermophis mexicanus.

my turn?

mexican caecilian, dermophis mexicanus.

my turn?

Yes, both are correct. Hmm now I don´t know who has priority- steddyeddy for saying "caecilian" first, or Frank for giving species name? :D

I'll go, seeing as I won.

Rules state you must be specific and name the species.

My image is attached.

Best of luck gents, you'll need it. There's a new sheriff in town,holsters loaded and ready to fire, and I won't be suffering any fools like the rest of you. Enjoy, now play away!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I'll go, seeing as I won.

Rules state you must be specific and name the species.

My image is attached.

Best of luck gents, you'll need it. There's a new sheriff in town,holsters loaded and ready to fire, and I won't be suffering any fools like the rest of you. Enjoy, now play away!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a glyptodont. G. clavipes to be exact :>

Advertisement