Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Anyone know if there are discount vouchers available. Joined slimming world twice before and each time I was the only one who paid full. Want to join again this week and was hoping for a discount this time.

This weeks bella magazine has discounts to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mazda123

Well after feeling bloated last week and only losing 1lb, I lost 2 and half this week and had a Chinese at the weekend.Total of 16lbs in 8 weeks. Delighted with it!! Hopefully will keep me motivated to keep going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Blingy wrote: »

Excellent. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Up half a pound which is fair enough. I always carry my holiday gain a week after I come back. I've eaten so poorly all week. Mainly just fruit and one meal a day because my stomach is so sore. I'm so bloated the last few days and feel so full. going to head to the chemist today to see if there's something I can take to relieve it. Food diary back out as well so hopefully I can break out of the 14 stone bracket next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

First weigh in tomorrow im excited and nervous..haven't had any syns this week just to get my head around the whole plan. It's easy to stick to.feel like I've become a master chopper with all the food preparation though.
    Just looking for some ideas offood that you would freeze.wouldn't mind a Few handy meals when oh is at work and I'm too busy with the babies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Had my first weigh in yesterday and down 3lbs, delighted :D

First weigh in this morning...4 1/2 pound down...wohoo delighted with myself. I've cola chicken in the hob hope it's tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Lashes28 wrote: »
    First weigh in tomorrow im excited and nervous..haven't had any syns this week just to get my head around the whole plan. It's easy to stick to.feel like I've become a master chopper with all the food preparation though.
    Just looking for some ideas offood that you would freeze.wouldn't mind a Few handy meals when oh is at work and I'm too busy with the babies

Soup is great for this! You can make a huge batch and freeze it in bags and stack flat.

Also great to roast up a chicken and slice it up and you can freeze some and keep some in the fridge. Great for salads and snacking if you're peckish!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

http://www.donalskehan.com/recipes/wholesome-vegetable-soup/

This soup is great. Add in a small sweet potato and only 2.5 litres of stock (3 cubes) as its too thin with 3 litres imo.

Some dried thyme and parsley also.

The cream is worth it, I use light cream (just a good glug of it so it won't kill the diet!) instead but you could leave it out if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Blingy wrote: »

Bought Bella today. Free membership. You just saved me 16.50, thank you so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

1lb down.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭LPHeadstrong

I haven't posted here in a few months which usually means I fell off the wagon. Luckily not this time. Just over 3 months in and I've lost 30 lbs total. From 226 lbs to 195.4 lbs. I'm delighted.

After hitting a bit of a plateau mid-way (lasted a week or 2 but enough to sway me) I decided to make a change. I started to count calories to ensure my portions weren't going overboard. This led to some modifications with my SW plan. Mainly stop counting syns and take the calorie content instead.
    To be honest very little has changed but now I can see the numbers behind my food and have a better understanding of what to expect. That said, when counting syns for I find I'm still within my daily allowance across the board (syns and healthy options).

One important thing I found is that not every week will incur a loss. That's just to be expected. So now in addition to the weekly weigh-in, I'm doing a monthly follow-up to measure weight, waist and neck size.
    When I find I've lost nothing one week I check my monthly measurements to put it in perspective. Definitely a confidence boost to look back and see I've nearly dropped two pants sizes. My wallet is going to feel that soon! :D

Anyway, I just wanted to add my 2c and say I'm happier than ever. Plus with my 30 lb loss I'm 1/3 of the way to my target weight and it feels so attainable. It's just a matter of time.
    Most of my teenage lift I was 12 stone. By my 28th birthday (2nd of August) I expect to be just above (~2lbs) this weight. I'm the last person to get my hopes up but I see no reason not to here. It's exciting! :)

P.S. I understand that 136 lbs sounds thin for a 28 yr old male but that's my initial target for an exact 90 lb loss. Maybe once I get close I'll realise it's too much and start maintaining while heavier.
    I'm focusing on reducing my body fat percentage and 136 lbs seems to be the area for my goal BFP. Once I reach that I plan on gaining muscle until I have the body I've always wanted.
    Lofty goals, I know but thanks to Slimming World I'm 100% determined.

Urgh...when you plan to have a few drinks but and up going mad and waking up to an empty doner kebab wrapper...just checked the app and it's 33 and half syns gonna have to draw a huge line under it and move on.but I'm just raging with myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Can I assume it's OK to use Coke Zero in the Diet Coke Chicken recipe?

Can I assume it's OK to use Coke Zero in the Diet Coke Chicken recipe?

Yep you sure can! Seemingly diet orange works well too but I'm not brave enough to ruin my beloved Fanta zero yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Wellyd wrote: »
    Yep you sure can! Seemingly diet orange works well too but I'm not brave enough to ruin my beloved Fanta zero yet!

Thanks Wellyd. Going to try it for the first time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

My motivation seems to be gone! I have a day on plan, maybe 2 and I feel great and then I have a number of days off plan and eat all around me - not healthy stuff and so the cycle continues. I've gained about 10 lbs from the lightest I've gotten to - and I still had a ways to go even then. I feel like I'm going around in circles with it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

spur wrote:
    My motivation seems to be gone! I have a day on plan, maybe 2 and I feel great and then I have a number of days off plan and eat all around me - not healthy stuff and so the cycle continues. I've gained about 10 lbs from the lightest I've gotten to - and I still had a ways to go even then. I feel like I'm going around in circles with it at the moment.

I hear ya! Can't help you but have the exact same problem, it sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Well I'm rejoining SW today and this time it's to change my life for good. Lots of changes to be made but I think I'm up for it. Have just come back from Disneyland and from swollen ankles to struggling getting dressed I have just about had enough! I'm about a size 22 and only 5 foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Down 1lb this morning. Happy with that. I hadn't been to group for two weeks because I was sick, didn't exactly stick to plan, but did eat mostly sw friendly food.

5lbs to go til my next award. Hopefully I'll get it in two weeks :)

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever had a blow out day at the beginning of the week and been able to loose by the weigh in?? I've been so good but have a feeling my blip on Saturday is gonna hold me back..od be devastated.

Also had anyone ever had a day where your starving no matter how much you eat? I've ate a least an orchard of fruit so far and I still feel starviiinnngggg

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had a blow out day at the beginning of the week and been able to loose by the weigh in?? I've been so good but have a feeling my blip on Saturday is gonna hold me back..od be devastated.

Also had anyone ever had a day where your starving no matter how much you eat? I've ate a least an orchard of fruit so far and I still feel starviiinnngggg

My last few good 3+ pound weight losses have been after I've had a blow out. (I don't condone this approach!) so just stuck with it for the rest of the week.

Plenty of weeks where I just had a day where I'd eat a small village I was so hungry. Protein rich foods always keep me full like beans or eggs. I always have a few eggs boiled in the fridge to snack on as well. Sometimes fruit just isn't enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Down 2lb today which I'm delighted with. Finding it tough enough to shift the last couple of pounds. I think this week was the strictest SW week I've had in over a year. Usually I'm quite flexible :o about my approach to the plan but the payoff of being strict has motivated me now. I find it really difficult to use my HexA cleverly.

Need to start trying out some new recipes though, especially for dinner, to keep me interested. I love to cook and I'm lucky that my OH will eat anything I put in front of her so i have a lot of free reign over the meals. I do find a lot of the generic SW kinda boring now though. Anyone have any new ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Down 2lb today which I'm delighted with. Finding it tough enough to shift the last couple of pounds. I think this week was the strictest SW week I've had in over a year. Usually I'm quite flexible :o about my approach to the plan but the payoff of being strict has motivated me now. I find it really difficult to use my HexA cleverly.

Need to start trying out some new recipes though, especially for dinner, to keep me interested. I love to cook and I'm lucky that my OH will eat anything I put in front of her so i have a lot of free reign over the meals. I do find a lot of the generic SW kinda boring now though. Anyone have any new ideas?

I really love the fakeaway book sold at class.Isle something from it every week. And two chubby cubs online.,hundreds of recipes.

Never saw that website before, thanks! I must actually buy that book, in my old class it was always sold out but this one I'm at now seems more organised. How much was it may I ask?

Never saw that website before, thanks! I must actually buy that book, in my old class it was always sold out but this one I'm at now seems more organised. How much was it may I ask?

I think the fakeaway book is €7.95

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mikeingalway

Need motivation to rejoin

Woohoo three pound down...got my half stone award and slimmer of the week..delighted with myself. Hoping to have another half stone off in the next four weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Its worth buying but if you want to just take note of the meals in the book, they're all on the slimming world website.

• Advertisement

Wow, I'm in love with the Two Chubby Cubs blog :o Tonight I made the loaded wedges and stuffed chicken and served with a heap of green speed veggies. Oh my God it was beautiful. I had friends over and they couldn't believe it was SW friendly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement