Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

All my weight from chistmas and January is gone. Finally, I'm down to 11St 10Lb from 15ST 7Lb in Jan 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭deisemum

3 weeks in a row I was up 1lb each week but was down 2.5lbs last night. It's a month to my holiday so I need to stay on track now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaygirl2

gubbie wrote: »
    Weighed in this evening. Down 3lbs which brought me to me 1.5 stone award and my Club 10!

Both going straight on the fridge ;)

Congratulations that's brilliant. Il be in the same position this eve hopefully. 1lb to loose this eve for club 10 and 1 1/2 award. Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Haven't posted in a while but still maintaining and in my target zone. It's weird getting used to it and finding the right balance but great not to be so strict!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Also haven't posted in a while.. I'm still maintaining in my target, though I'll be honest - I went a bit crazy last week and was up a half a pound- I was delighted it wasn't more!
    I'm in the process of moving house, and between dealing with solicitors etc it's been pretty stressful, I was only saying to my other half last night that I am going to batch cook this week so I'm prepared when we actually do get the keys- I'm determined to stay at target!

Had a NSV on Saturday, I fit into a size 10 pair of jeans!!

I'm a bit the same as a few others, finding target a bit strange, I miss all the certificates etc.. Childish I know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

All my weight from chistmas and January is gone. Finally, I'm down to 11St 10Lb from 15ST 7Lb in Jan 2015

That's brilliant. Massive loss in one year. Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

How's everybody surviving Easter? I'm making a nice big syn free roast and me and my husband have decided to share a small Easter egg, so I would say its going pretty good, don't feel deprived but not going mental either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭deisemum

I treated myself to a small Lindor egg 9 syns and also had 2 freddos so 1 syn left for tonight and syn free meals as normal :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Split a Lindt egg with the OH after breakfast. Dinner with my parents so I'll try to be as careful as possible. We met some of our friends in the park at lunch time and I somehow watched as the lot of them demolished a whole pile of eggs scavenged from a hunt. Of course all of this willpower will probably fall off the tracks when I get home and I start demanding chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ThatGeekGirl

Hi :) new to this thread but not to SW, I did it a few years back and lost 3 stone without even thinking about it. Then got in a relationship, became very happy and put it all back on haha. So now I have re-joined but this time online (on a budget) and 1st week in I am down 3 1/2 lbs - happy with that as I had an easter egg which turns out to be 20+ syns, and then the bars in the egg etc. How is everyone dealing with easter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Hi :) new to this thread but not to SW, I did it a few years back and lost 3 stone without even thinking about it. Then got in a relationship, became very happy and put it all back on haha. So now I have re-joined but this time online (on a budget) and 1st week in I am down 3 1/2 lbs - happy with that as I had an easter egg which turns out to be 20+ syns, and then the bars in the egg etc. How is everyone dealing with easter?

Eating all the eggs I am. Only way to get rid of them !

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Geminijosa

Hi all. Started SW 6 weeks ago and have lost 1st to date. Half way to target weight already so the plan is definately working for me! Having trouble changing my body image tho. Clothes are starting to hang...but I have no idea how to wear 'slimmer' clothes...or what to even buy. I still see myself as 'the big girl' who needs to cover up. Anyone else have this problem? I know it sounds petty and I should be delighted with my weight loss to date...but I kinda felt more comfortable in my baggy clothes. Please someone tell me I'm not bonkers for feeling like this !

cal33 wrote: »
    Hi all. Started SW 6 weeks ago and have lost 1st to date. Half way to target weight already so the plan is definately working for me! Having trouble changing my body image tho. Clothes are starting to hang...but I have no idea how to wear 'slimmer' clothes...or what to even buy. I still see myself as 'the big girl' who needs to cover up. Anyone else have this problem? I know it sounds petty and I should be delighted with my weight loss to date...but I kinda felt more comfortable in my baggy clothes. Please someone tell me I'm not bonkers for feeling like this !

of course you are not bonkers, it takes time for your emotions to catch up with the rational/reality of life some times. It always has been that way with everything so of course you can expect it to be the same now :) If I were you I'd go out on a little shopping spree one of the days (even if you cant actually spend, just go to a shop) and pick a random selection of styles and fits, go in and try them on and have a wee little fashion show for yourself to see what your new style is. Only go with what is comfortable of course but you might surprise yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

cal33 wrote: »

You're definitely not bonkers. It takes a while to get used to the new you! I was in Penneys last week looking for Easter clothes(yes I have a shopping problem!) and I bought a pair of trousers in a size 20. Had to bring them back and managed to fit into a 14! But they were very stretchy. It took me a long time to get used to buying smaller clothes and I still look at the inspire clothes range in New Look out of habit. I'm really looking forward to going shopping for my cousins wedding. It's not til October but the last wedding I went to I had to order lots of things from simply be and Asos curve where this time I'm looking forward to going to a boutique and being able to get something that fits. It's kind of my main determination at this stage when I'm not seeing major results on the scales but am starting to change shape from exercise and working out a bit more.

I am literally in the process of an experiment recipe, I wonder if any of you have tried it - I seen a link on instagram last night and a SW leader posted a pic of the SW curry loaf. When I googled the recipe it has 3 ingredients; a can of chickpea dahl, a packet of curried rice, and 3 eggs. I don't like using packets if I can get away with it so I am trying to make it from scratch making my own chickpea dahl and curried rice. Have any of you tried this? or the loaf in general? if it all works out I will post a picture and recipe here later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

How did you join online?

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Not doing slimming world anymore but made an old classic tonight- burger in a bowl, so so yummy!

I didn't use the 5% per cent mince but didn't bother with the mayo but otherwise exactly the same.

How did you join online?

you can create an account and pay using a visa/credit card :) you get 12 weeks for 75euro which works out as 6.25 a week and no entry fee. I would say it is a good alternative if you already know the programme and want freedom of when you weigh in etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Struggling! I've got a slipped disk and I'm on pain relief that causes water retention and swelling. unfortunately that's one of the side effects I have, which will affect the scales. I've got cankles for the first time in my life! :eek:

Didn't touch any Easter eggs, actually gave them away! But I had about 50 syns on both Friday and Saturday.

That, combined with the swelling and my first star week in two years, led to a 0.5 gain.

I'm absolutely shocked it's not higher :pac:

Struggling to stay motivated when I know that for the three months I'm on these meds, I'll have small losses.

ah sure, I'll keep going.

Going on holiday after weigh in on Wednesday, so I'll come back with a 10lb gain to work off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

2.5lb off yesterday and got slimmer of the week, so delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Folks heading back to SW next week - 3rd time lucky! The plan has changed since I was last there - anyone got a basic shopping list so I can be prepared?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hey guys new to slimming world just thought I'd pop in and say hi :-) haven't had time to read through the whole thread yet but would anyone have any tips for a newbie. I'm awaiting test results for coeliac disease so am gluten free too. I couldn't believe the weight of me on the scales. I've a least 6 stone to lose. Was thinking of starting walking 1st and then moving on to the gym as I get lighter. Is this a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Dovies wrote: »
    Folks heading back to SW next week - 3rd time lucky! The plan has changed since I was last there - anyone got a basic shopping list so I can be prepared?? Thanks

http://www.slimmingworldsurvival.com/aldi/

That's a link to a list of loads of things in Aldi that are listed as low syn and syn free.

Also you'll need:
    Herbs and spices
    Frylight
    Pasta
    Rice
    Passata
    Soy sauce
    Tinned tomatoes
    Lean meat
    Chicken
    Fruit
    Veg

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Hey guys new to slimming world just thought I'd pop in and say hi :-) haven't had time to read through the whole thread yet but would anyone have any tips for a newbie. I'm awaiting test results for coeliac disease so am gluten free too. I couldn't believe the weight of me on the scales. I've a least 6 stone to lose. Was thinking of starting walking 1st and then moving on to the gym as I get lighter. Is this a good idea?

Best of luck.
    Forget about the 6 stone for a start, concentrate on the 1 - and you'll be amazed at the difference that makes, then tackle the next one and so on.
    Also I would say don't concentrate on weekly gains and losses - try to look back over a month and see how you did - what I find is you may have a gain or maintain and be devastated by it and forget that you've lost x over the past month.
    Think about how you felt when you stepped on the scales and how you felt when you took the decision to join - even write down those feelings while they're still fresh - basically they're the reasons you joined. Then on weeks when it's getting too much remind yourself of the reasons you started - I find this gets me back on track after a bad spell - I don't want to go back to where I was - even if I've had a bad day/week/few weeks.
    The other thing I did, although not very well, is I took a selfie regularly - my idea was to see the change over time - but I'm not a very good selfie-taker!!! But i can see some changes. If I was starting again I'd take one after each class and in same place and at same angle - and the differences might be clearer!!! Now don't get me wrong, I can definitely see changes - and can see the start of a collar-bone in the recent ones!
    Have stuff you can eat. Last night I got in late. I'd have a decent lunch and a big dinner but I was peckish and there was curry on the hob for today - so i scooped out some rice and curry and ate that - I still needed something sweet but I felt better for having tried to beat the craving with proper food first.

And most of all, accept you'll have blips and accept them when they happen and move on.

It does work. I probably started somewhere like you. I've lost almost 3.5 stone - yes others have lost 6 or 7 in the same timeframe - but I'm overall happy with my loss as I've kept it stable even when I'm having bad times and added to it when I'm more in the zone. I'm starting to rethink my original goal as I think I'll be happier a little higher - and that would be more advice - get to somewhere you feel you can maintain - I'd rather carry an extra half stone and maintain that than get to what is considered ideal but not be able to stay there - I've made that mistake with other programs in past and then looked back at photos post-gain and think I was grand there if I'd only realised!! I'd like to lose another 1.5 to 2 stone and then maintain that.

Struggling! I've got a slipped disk and I'm on pain relief that causes water retention and swelling. unfortunately that's one of the side effects I have, which will affect the scales. I've got cankles for the first time in my life! :eek:

Didn't touch any Easter eggs, actually gave them away! But I had about 50 syns on both Friday and Saturday.

That, combined with the swelling and my first star week in two years, led to a 0.5 gain.

I'm absolutely shocked it's not higher :pac:

Struggling to stay motivated when I know that for the three months I'm on these meds, I'll have small losses.

ah sure, I'll keep going.

Going on holiday after weigh in on Wednesday, so I'll come back with a 10lb gain to work off :pac:

Yes your losses might be small over the next 3 months but think of it this way - without SW you might not have losses at all/may even get some gains! Try to see the positive because considering your situation 0.5 is a fab result.

ziggy23 wrote: »

Hi I am the same as you - high number of coeliacs in my family and I am awaiting my results in late April to find out if I am too. I have lived with a coeliac for years and in that time I did the majority of the cooking, the best advice I can tell you is that it is possible to eat tasty gluten free food (esp on Slimming world) without using alot of GF products from the shops. Alot of GF products try to supplement the lack of flavour by adding extra egg, fat and sugar, thus making them high in calories. Of course if you want to use some of the bread or staple elements then that makes sense but do not be tempted to eat the GF treats as they are so bad for weight loss. The coeliac society have an updated list of products that are GF including chocolate etc. My dad (the coeliac) lost an extreme amount of weight by just walking and then adding in jogging when he got fitter so that will work!

Dovies wrote: »

From a store cupboard view, build up herbs and spices. Aldi ones are great value and buy some every week and you'll have a great collection.
    We also keep pasta and rice in at all times. We buy big bags of potatoes - there are only the 2 of us, but we make loads of SW chips every week as well as using potatoes for normal dinners.
    Then each week we buy milk, eggs, fruit, yogurt, vegetables, meat (mince, chicken, 2 steaks usually), passata by the truckload - again Aldi is great value there. We usually get a little bread and some cooked meats and occasionally cheese.
    We buy whatever fruit and veg is on offer - assuming we like it. We'd also always have peppers and onions and apples, oranges, bananas and kiwi.

We both do SW. So typical day is something like this. I have fruit and yoghurt for breakfast or banana on toast. OH usually has porridge and boiled egg. 11s is fruit for both of us. Lunch for me is usually last night's leftovers and OH would usually have some cooked meats and maybe some bread or a salad. Dinner is meat and rice/pasta/potatoes. We'd have bolognese, curry, cottage pie, stir-fried chicken etc. One night a week we have steak and baked potato. Most of our dinners consist of whatever meat we have, veg and passata and lots of herbs and spices.

Best of luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Can I ask overnight oat fans a question?

Would you add chopped apple/pear/melon to the oats before putting them into the fridge like you would with berries? Its the discolouration/degradation I'm wary of. I'm trying to do a few weeks of speed starting tomorrow and I'm limited in my speed fruit at the moment due to poor choices made in Aldi today :o

Going to try 250g of fromage frais with 35g of oats. Hoping to add in half of an apple, half of a pear and a fair bit of melon. Making two portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Can I ask overnight oat fans a question?

Would you add chopped apple/pear/melon to the oats before putting them into the fridge like you would with berries? Its the discolouration/degradation I'm wary of. I'm trying to do a few weeks of speed starting tomorrow and I'm limited in my speed fruit at the moment due to poor choices made in Aldi today :o

Going to try 250g of fromage frais with 35g of oats. Hoping to add in half of an apple, half of a pear and a fair bit of melon. Making two portions.

I'd just out the melon, pear and any fruit in it. Once it's covered by yoghurt at the top it will be ok, that's the way I always do it

Had a brutal couple of day - just seem to have been eating since Thursday.

Got home late Thursday craving something and while I tried eating some healthy food the craving didn't go and I ended up eating loads of chocolate biscuits. Was okay on Friday until I got home and decided I'd better replace the biscuits as OH keeps a packet for the 1 a night he can do!!! Of course got myself some chocolate and devoured that and some more biscuits.

Saturday we were going out and I started off well but had lots of biscuits across the day and then a big meal out and lots to drink.

Yesterday I picked all day - I did eat some healthy meals but I also picked in between.

So slate wiped clean. New day, new week and off I go. I know I can't have one piece of chocolate or one biscuit or one anything - I can't control it. Lent was a blessing for me as I went off this stuff and I wouldn't break that.

I also have a pair of jeans on today where the waist just fits and wearing these reminds me I don't want to go back! Coincidence I put them on but delighted I have them on as it will remind me.

It's just a lifelong struggle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Chaz donegal

I'm joining my local slimming world class this evening. Have done ww on and off for last few years and always give up because I feel hungry. I'm nervous and excited about my new weight loss journey have around 4 stone to loose x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement