Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

How many Syns in ordinary 7up? Can't find it on sw app or online. Was at a function yesterday and they had no diet drinks. Only had one can and made it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    How many Syns in ordinary 7up? Can't find it on sw app or online. Was at a function yesterday and they had no diet drinks. Only had one can and made it last.

I think there are 7 Syns in a normal can of 7up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Wellyd wrote: »
    I think there are 7 Syns in a normal can of 7up.

7 for a 500ml bottle. it's 5 syns for a can :)

7 for a 500ml bottle. it's 5 syns for a can :)

Thanks not so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I gained 0.5 pounds again this week and I'm so frustrated. I had a take away once but I'm also going to the gym twice a week (doing cardio to warm up then weights and things like squats and sit ups) and I'm doing 5k 2-3 times a week. No way on this wide early world should I be gaining. That's two weeks in a row I've gained 0.5 pounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

cyning wrote: »
    I gained 0.5 pounds again this week and I'm so frustrated. I had a take away once but I'm also going to the gym twice a week (doing cardio to warm up then weights and things like squats and sit ups) and I'm doing 5k 2-3 times a week. No way on this wide early world should I be gaining. That's two weeks in a row I've gained 0.5 pounds.

Sounds odd but the exercise can slow down your weight loss, or make it take longer to 'show'. Do keep with it and look at the month as a whole rather than week to week. I hope you have a loss soon!

This was me last month! Try to stick to plan and it will show on the scales soon. I've been up and down a half or a pound since January but I'm actually a dress size smaller now even though I'm the same weight. You might be losing inches and not pounds. You're more than likely gaining muscle.

It's hard, believe me, to stick to plan and put in so much work when it's not reflecting on the scales but you'll get there in the end!

I hope so because I'm immensely frustrated by it all now!!!

My body was just in total shock going from sitting around every evening to running or fitness classes. My consultant had me doing food diaries and SAS logs because she thought I was secret eating or having extra Syns to compensate for the exercise but I wasn't. Just stick with it. Hopefully it'll all be good for us in the long run!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 elle.en

Hi all,

Joined slimming world at the start of Feb, down 6.5lbs so far and not having a great week this week... It feels like I'll never get that first half stone! I have a fair bit to lose overall so I said I'd join in this thread for a bit of extra motivation and support! :)

• Advertisement

elle.en wrote: »
    Hi all,

Joined slimming world at the start of Feb, down 6.5lbs so far and not having a great week this week... It feels like I'll never get that first half stone! I have a fair bit to lose overall so I said I'd join in this thread for a bit of extra motivation and support! :)

well done Elle. 6.5lb is great to 4 weeks. I'm losing approx that every month. I joined at the end of Oct and now down 2.5 stone. Target is another 1.5 stone but I could probably do with losing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,170 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

FWIW I was the same when i went from no exercise to regular exercise. I can't be scientific about this but it's almost as if the body thinks "hang on, we might want to keep some energy here as we're not sure what's going on". I was like that for about 3 weeks and then I had my biggest loss since the start.

I wasn't losing any weight for that 2/3 weeks but I lost a fair few inches on the belly (and tbh that's more important to me).

well done Elle. 6.5lb is great to 4 weeks. I'm losing approx that every month. I joined at the end of Oct and now down 2.5 stone. Target is another 1.5 stone but I could probably do with losing more.

That's great! I can't wait to have 2.5 stone gone, it feels so far away but when you say it like that it's actually only a few months away if I keep at it!

elle.en wrote: »
    That's great! I can't wait to have 2.5 stone gone, it feels so far away but when you say it like that it's actually only a few months away if I keep at it!

exactly! I thought I would never get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I had to go to a different group this week but I'm down another 2lbs! Very happy as that's 10lbs in the 4 weeks over lent! 2 and a half more and I would love love love 4 more pounds in that time... Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

hows everybody getting on ? how much lost and in how long

need new motivation

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pat john

I was like this, stuck yo plan & had 2 weeks of no weight loss, I work out 3 times a week and run 5k twice, leader suggested I wasn't eating enough so I've started have 2 boiled eggs after my workouts and most afternoons a light snack and the weights started to come off again, the biggest loss I've had since is 2.5 in a week which I'm delighted with, it's worth having a look at

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

need new motivation

If that's the case I am of zero help! Been playing with this half a stone for the past 4 months, after 11 months at slimming world I had lost 3 stone and 10lb, I'm back at 3st7lb at the min but still need to find the motivation to get another 4 stone off. On month 14 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

4.5lbs down this morning! Delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 PrincessPeach

Hi! I've been following this thread for a while now and haven't felt the need to write before now. I've been doing SW since Sept. Have lost 1st 8lbs. I've noticed recently that there's a few people plateau-ing or losing motivation to keep going. I was in the same boat a few weeks ago. I hit a wall for a month. In fact, it took me 3 months to get 7lbs off (4 weeks of which was plateau-ing with the same 1lb/.5lb up and down) I was sticking 100% to plan and was working out like a fiend. I couldn't understand what was going on and was incredibly irritated by it. Then I did a week of SP and it seemed to sort me out. Following advice I read on here, I got out the measuring tape to see what difference (if any) all this work has wrought on my body. For all those weeks I was annoyed with the unchanging numbers on the scales, I unknowingly was losing inches all over my body. It definitely gave me a new perspective on what I really wanted out of the SW plan. It also gave me new motivation. Keep with the exercise, stay on plan. And if you need more incentive get out the measuring tape, and when you see the difference between then and now it will definitely motivate you to keep going! After all, the numbers on the scale are invisible to other people, but the inches you lose aren't!

• Advertisement

Just made the curly wurly scan bran cake for a taster this evening and it tastes like sawdust. In the bin it goes! Don't waste your time making it!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Just made the curly wurly scan bran cake for a taster this evening and it tastes like sawdust. In the bin it goes! Don't waste your time making it!

I don't bother with slimming world desserts. I'd rather suck up the Syns of proper desserts. That lemon drizzle cake is disgusting as was the baileys cheesecake. The jelly sweets what a waste of time! Haven't tried scan bran but looks terrible. I can't see how it would taste good in desserts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I don't bother with slimming world desserts. I'd rather suck up the Syns of proper desserts. That lemon drizzle cake is disgusting as was the baileys cheesecake. The jelly sweets what a waste of time! Haven't tried scan bran but looks terrible. I can't see how it would taste good in desserts!

I totally agree! Give me a smaller piece of an incredible cake than something that's low syns.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I understand how you feel going up and down weight wise or when you have lost your motovation. I also know what it like when your trying to lose weight and your personal life is not going well also.
    I had one horrible month last year and I nearly gave up at that stage. I was lucky I had a few supportive freinds who helped me then.

Thanks to them I went on to lose about 4 stone last year. I missed a few class at the end of last year so I rejoined after xmas.

I was going up and down weight wise for a while. I got back on track and I am now back to the lowest weight I was last year
    Today I got back to the lowest I weighted last year. I am a few pounds away from my next stone zone. The last time I was in this stone zone was about 15 years ago.

I joined a gym last year so as well as losing weight I have lost inches. I am going to have a few individual sesions with a personal trainer over the next few weeks. This will help me keep on track, lose more weight and inches.
    At one stage I was over 5 stone heavier than I am now. I was lucky in the fact I did not end up with some serious health issues at that weight.
    I look and feel a lot better than I did then. I can also say it has been nice to hear people telling me how well I look. I find it easier to buy clothes also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I was down a lb this week, absol delighted as prob wasn't deserved this week with a wedding etc, but i do feel i was due a loss over the last 2-3 weeks that i didn't get, so maybe it caught up on me.

I lost 1lb this week after my worrying and finally got my half stone award! Was delighted with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭galwaygirl2

Congrats everyone. Weighed in this eve lost 2.5 lbs. Delighted as I had a shocking weekend and deserved to put it on. I'm 14.05 lbs now lost 18lbs in the 5 weeks I'm with SW so pretty happy so far. Can't wait to be in the 13 zone next week ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

Hi all....had second baby a few weeks ago and struggling to shift the extra weight. Just wondering is plan for me? As in is it hard to follow with 2 small kids to look after. I try to walk every day and if not at least 5 out of the 7 days. Not really into the gym but plan on joining an exercise class...any advice/tips would be great...

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    Hi all....had second baby a few weeks ago and struggling to shift the extra weight. Just wondering is plan for me? As in is it hard to follow with 2 small kids to look after. I try to walk every day and if not at least 5 out of the 7 days. Not really into the gym but plan on joining an exercise class...any advice/tips would be great...

Honestly just by joining slimming world and following the food plan and doing zero exercise you will be able to shift some weight. I've only started exercising properly since January and since then I've barely shifted any weight. But I'm at the stage now where I don't mind because I'm losing inches!

• Advertisement

Sammy2012 wrote: »

It's not hard to follow with kids with the exception of the fact that a lot of recipes use stock which is too salty for toddlers and low fat yogurts in curries etc which I won't give to my toddlers. But tbh I just use herbs and pepper etc instead of stock and it's perfect. They won't eat my curries though :) aside from that it's actually incredibly family friendly: I have a 3.5 and 2 year old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement